1-Session

"Drew!"the professor yelled to get his attention.

"Daydreaming again drew?Am I that boring?"the man asked.

Everyone in the room stared at drew. His bright blue eyes gleamed in the room's light.His hair was short and brown.

"Sorry. Got alot on my mind."drew answered.

   "Let's hope one of those things is the subject at hand.Bare with me drew."

Professor Tom Richardson was fifty-two years old.His brown and whitish hair reminded him of his age.The only problem was the natural brown color was fading.Meanwhile, Andrew fox sat at his desk area fully aware now.

   He was handsome as always. He had a pretty face without blemishes.His only physical flaw was a mole on his right forearm.Other than that,he was skinny.No abs but strong thighs from countless hikes and walks.He wore black jean shorts with a miami heat jersey.Tucked under that jersey was a medallion necklace.

   The back and sides were silver while the front was painted in blue.Inside the blue was a silver carving of what appeared to be a mermaid.On the back on pure silver,chunks of metal were missing.Andrew always thought it was stuck into the sea floor in the Atlantic ocean.

   He remembered when his father had given it to him.The young nine year old drew sat on his father's lap.

His father gave the medallion to his son,Andrew while he played with the coin-like medallion.

"Your great-grandfather was a diver.He loved swimming the world's seas to collect things like this"his father told him.

"So that's how he found it?"young drew asked while the fire crackled in the fireplace near them.

   "Not exactly.He was in the Bahamas with your great-grandmother.When he was on the beach, he saw a tide.It was on the shore.He took it and gave it to your great-grandmother as a gift and he passed it onto your grandfather and then to me.It's sort of a family heirloom now."

"Where did they say it came from?"

"I did some research on mermaids.The carving on the front got my attention."

   "So what did you find?"Andrew was anxious.

"Throughout all of my historical research,one name kept showing up...Greek. Mermaids have evolved into differeny forms throughout different mythologies.Greek is the most popular and the myth surrounding mermaids points to Atlantis."

   "What's Atlantis?"drew stared at the mermaid.

"A city lost throughout the ages.It was on a continent that broke apart and sunk within one day.Some say flooding,tsunamis and storms seperated chunks of the continent all over the world."

   "Does it really exsist?"drew asked.

"I'd like to think so."he took the medallion from his hands"This is definite proof.Someday,someone is going to figure it out.Now I'm giving you the opportunity to try."he gave the medallion back.

"Someday I will find it dad.That's a promise."he told his father.

   Standing in front of a mirror,Andrew Fox contemplated his destiny.He was now 13 in this moment.He put a small chain lace through a loop ontop of the medallion and put it around his neck.This moment gave birth to his ambition.A heirloom passed down,ultimately to him to discover it's secrets.Years of  college courses and research would prepare him for a world of mysteries.

   Now awakening from his flashback,he clutched the medallion but suddenly stopped to take notes in his pocket book.Professor Richardson was lecturing about Plato. This philosophy course was big on this influentual figure.

"Plato was big on his dialogues.Most if not all were based on allagory of life lessons he was trying to teach his readers.His story of the cave was about prisoners chained to a wall while watching and naming shadows projected by a fire behind them.This was their reality because the didn't the world through philosophical reasoning.This was because the prisoners gained knowledge through the body and it's senses rather than seeing the truth of reality through a higher perspective."

   "Can anyone give me an example of plato's cave story?You can use modern examples."

Andrew raised his hand."Go ahead drew."Andrew grinned due to being chosen among many.

"It's like mythology. People claim they've seen things that not many get the chance to see and claim it to be true. But it dosen't matter. If you really want to find the truth,you need to dig deep and look at things in a realistic way." Tom nodded

"Well said Andrew.Now you only have one assignment and it is simple.I want all of you to write a one page essay on plato.Find a credible source and write it in your own words.Try to find as many details as you canAtleast ten important facts.Then i want you all to choose one of his dialogues or stories and write what it's about and your interpretation and opinion.You can do this on the back of your essay."

   Tom prepared to dismiss the class"Get this done and enjoy your weekend.It's supposed to be warm."The bell rang and dismissed everyone officially.In the class seating area,sunlight revealed something.Tom saw it and walked to pick it up.It was under where drew was seated.Tom paced to the doorway to catch drew.

   "Andrew!"his student looked back"You dropped this I think."confussion struck him.He felt his neck.The medallion!He took it from the professor

"Thank you sir.I don't know what i'd do if I lost it."drew said.

"You're welcome.Enjoy your weekend."Drew smiled at him.As he walked away,three figures passed him.

   One looked angry but it appeared to be his default look.He had short brown hair a little longer than drew's.The other two were both blonde and younger looking.The three were headed towards Professor Richardson's classroom.Drew had the sudden urge to go back and check on his favorite professor.He felt that the situation seemed suspicious.The three men looked like they were on a serious mission.

   Drew looked back but didn't turn.Sometimes it's best to let fate sort itself out.