"What do you need to talk to me about?" She asked while she sat down next to me.

"My dads making me go to school tomorrow. Will you go with me?" I told her.

She scrunched her nose up. She was so freaking cute when she does that.

"School?"

"Yes. School."

"But I don't like school!" She whined and then flopped onto her back.

"Well you could stay here all day instead. My mom would love to have a new shopping partner." I told her.

"Fine. You win. I'll go to school with you." 

"It won't be so bad. You can meet all my friends."

"How exciting." She said sarcastically.

"Hey. My friends are cool."

"Sure they are."

"Are you still mad at me?" I asked her.

"Kind of. You shouldn't have lied to me." She said.

"I know and I feel awful about it. I'm sorry. Please give me a second chance. I swear I won't do it again."

I would do whatever it took to keep her to stay with me.

"Fine. But why did you do it in the first place?" She asked.

"Do what?"

She glared at me.

"Lie."

"I love it here and I want you to come live here with me. I was scared that if I asked you to live here with me, you'd say no. I thought it would be easier to introduce the idea by just visiting first. I promise you that I would never make you stay here if you didn't want to." I explained.

"If you would've just told me that at the beginning we wouldn't have had a problem." She said.

"Really? If I asked you to come live here with me right away, would you really have said yes?" I asked.

"I think you would've gotten a maybe, but I surely wouldn't have gotten mad at you like I am now."

"I really truly am sorry."

"I know you are. I forgive you."

"Come on." I stood up and took her hand.

"Where are we going?" She asked me.

"To my room." I told her as if it were obvious.

"I'm not sleeping with you tonight." She said.

"What? Why not? I thought you forgave me." I said confused.

"Yes I did but I still want to sleep separate tonight."

"I don't want to though." I whined.

"You'll survive one night. You used to sleep alone before you met me and you were just fine."

"But that was before. Now the bed will be cold without you." I complained.

"Suck it up. You deserve it." She snapped back.

"But-" I was going to continue but then she stood up crossing her arms and sending me a fierce glare.

She looked fearsome but I must admit, she's hot when she's angry. I'm a lucky man.

"Goodnight." I leaned down and kissed her cheek before walking to the door.

I climbed into my empty bed once I got into my room. I wasn't happy about being here alone, but if my mate wanted it this way that's the way it was going to be.

As soon as my head hit the pillow, I knew I wasn't getting any sleep without her.