Chapter 15-3

"Our next event is archery!" Sugar's voice echoed across the stadium.

"You will be rewarded points based on three shots," added Star.

"Yay, baby!" Jessica called from the stands as Bradford stepped up to the target. 

"Come on, Brad!" his little brother shouted. "Crush these losers! Make the Blackwell name proud!"

Smugly enjoying all the cheers, Bradford aimed his first arrow and sent it sailing just next to the bullseye. The Spartan section cheered. Bradford shot again, this time his arrow plunging only a centimeter away from the center. The Spartans screamed louder. Then, making his final shot, Bradford's third arrow landed directly on the bullseye. Jessica squealed as the rest of the Spartan crowd stomped their feet.

"9 points to Sparta!" said Star.

"That was pretty good," said Rib, as Bradford slung his bow over his shoulder and raised his fists triumphantly.

"Yep. It was easy," Bradford smirked. "All I had to do was picture the target as your face!" he added.

"Next is the participant from Athens," announced Star and Rib readied his arrow.

"Yeah, Rib!" Charlie and the twins called as Max clapped his hands. Pace stood watching intently.

"So, Bradford. You might have had a nice little strategy. But all you really need in order to hit the bullseye..." Rib began.

Then, in three quick motions, Rib sent all of his arrows speeding directly at his target, each one piercing the center of the bullseye.

"Is to be awesome like I am," finished Rib, flipping his bow into the air and doing a strange victory dance.

"10 points to Athens!" said Sugar.

"Wow, Rib! That was amazing!" Charlie cried.

"Don't tell me all the time I spend playing video games is a waste!" Rib crossed his arms proudly. "Battling that Evil Specter really helped me enhance my aim!" he gave Max a high-five.

"I thought you would benefit from a shooting game," Max smiled as Rib proceeded to pull out a box of cereal from his gym bag and stuff his face.

"Next is horseback riding!" the girls called into the mic.

"Tht's you, bddy," Scary O's flew from Rib's mouth as he patted Maxsim on the back.

When the participants had gathered next to the waiting horses on the field outside of the stadium, Charlie glanced around.

"Oh, look who's competing!" she heard a voice and turned to see Kane mounting one of the horses. "Of course the farmer is in the horse event!" he laughed.

"Looks like we've been wrong mooing all along, guys!" Bradford called from the sidelines. "Neiiigh!" he whinnied, and the animal noises continued to rise from Madsen, Nix and Zenith.

Charlie frowned angrily as the Spartans jeered at Max. Printz, who was standing behind the others was watching in amusement.

"Jerk," she muttered to Pace, but he remained stone-faced, as Max positioned himself on the saddle.

"And- they're off!" Sugar and Star cried, and losing no time, Maxsim and his horse went galloping beautifully across the field, jumping elegantly over the obstacles and speeding swiftly to the finish.

"What in the-?!" Kane, who had gotten caught up on the final hurdle, gaped in bewilderment- as did the rest of the Spartans.

"How did that measly farmboy do that?" Bradford looked outraged.

"Oh. Did I not mention?" said Max simply as he removed his helmet. "The farm of my family only raises purebred show horses."

"10 points to Athens. 9 points to Sparta," Sugar read the scores.

"Neiiigh!" Rib stuck out his tongue and high-fived Max happily as Max's grandmother beamed proudly from the stands.

"This is great!" Demeter grinned. "Now we're only down by one point."

"Yeah, we should be able to make that up in the next event!" nodded Rib.

"The next event will be the high jump!" Star yelled.

"Let's go, Charlie!" Apollo shouted. "We know you can do it!"

"Huh?" Charlie gulped. "It's already... my turn???"

~~~Author Note~~~

Hey, everyone! We're almost finished! There's an extra update this week and then the final two updates will come out next week after Christmas! 

Have a blessed holiday and see you next week for the finale of Boy Oh Boys!

xox Ray