Chapter 4-5

"Charlie!" the twins grinned from the sofa.

"We have saved you some pizza," Max smiled towards two half-empty pizza trays on the table.

"Max made us," frowned Rib, hungrily lifting Charlie's ice cream to his mouth.

"Hey! Where'd you get that?" shouted Demeter, grabbing the cone from him and taking a lick.

"The floor," smirked Rib.

"Blech!" Demeter passed the ice cream back to Rib, who happily finished it and Apollo laughed at his disgusted brother.

"Please help yourself," Max offered the leftover pizza to Charlie. "I can reheat it if you would like."

"Actually, I'm not very hungry," Charlie told him. Her stomach was still too nervous from her near-kiss with Printz.

"Good, you can go talk to Pace now about next Saturday," said Rib, and Charlie cringed.

"You really don't want it?" Apollo dove for the table. "Dibs on Charlie's slices!"

"Hey! You have to share!" Demeter yelled.

"Okay. You can have the rest of Rib's pizza!" hooted Apollo.

"Gross!" Demeter lunged towards his twin, but Apollo lifted the good pizza out of his reach and Charlie was strongly reminded of the soccer match from earlier.

"Hey, how's your leg, Rib?" she asked concernedly.

"It's fine. The gash looks really nasty though!" grinned Rib. "Wanna see?" he began to peel back his bandage, sending Charlie fleeing into her room.

"I'm already out of paper?" Pace was sighing to himself as she entered.

"Oh, hi, Pace," Charlie was surprised to see him digging furiously through a messenger bag.

He did not look up.

"What are you looking for?" she asked.

"Nothing," Pace irritatedly dumped out his bag, making various notebooks scatter onto the floor.

"Umm," Charlie watched as he disappointedly tossed each one back into his pack, a strategy forming in her mind. "If you're out of school supplies, we're all going to the mall next weekend... So if you wanted to come..."

"Okay," said Pace simply, grabbing a magazine and climbing up to his bunk.

"Wow! That was easier than I thought!" Charlie was amazed as she sat down with a notebook of her own at the desk. "Although I don't know what he needs notebooks for. He doesn't even go to class. But as long as he didn't argue, that's all that matters," she grinned. "Hmm. I should make a small shopping list for when we go,' she decided, sliding open the drawer to look for a pen that wasn't the silver one Pace had taken. "Oh, hey, Pace!" she exclaimed. "There's some paper in here, if you need some!" she smiled, pulling out a folded sheet of paper, glad she was finally being helpful. "Wait, nevermind. There's already something written on here," she frowned, unfolding the sheet to reveal some sort of pen-inked diagram.

However, before she knew it, Pace was leaping from his bunk and the paper was being ripped from her grasp.

"Huh?" Charlie gaped in confusion as Pace re-folded the sheet and tucked it into his messenger bag. "What was that?"

"Nothing you need to worry about," he growled, slinging the bag over his shoulder and leaving the room.

~~~

"I don't know, Posey. This is getting seriously ridiculous!" Charlie complained into the phone as she doodled once again on her notebook. "I mean, he's even getting upset over paper! Paper, Posey, paper!" Charlie whined as she drew a tiny prince's crown on her tablet cover.

"Well, if you're going shopping next weekend, why don't you just get a bunch of new stuff that he can't claim is his?" suggested Posey.

"That's a great idea!" Charlie gasped.

"Yep! Now anyways, tell me more about your date!" Posey eagerly changed to her favorite subject, but Charlie was still lost in her plans for the room.

Abandoning her Printz-inspired sketches, Charlie began to create her shopping list, a devious grin on her face.

~~~