Chapter 7-2

"Rib! What are you doing?" Charlie shouted.

Rib was standing on top of a lab stool, trying to pry open a high cupboard.

"We need this for the movie!" he whispered, raising a finger to his lips and pulling out a jar.

"You can't take that!" Charlie continued to yell.

"I'm just gonna borrow it!" Rib hissed. "Here, hold this," he added, passing the jar down to her and digging through the cupboard for more.

"I don't want to- AHHH!" Charlie looked at what he had handed her- a liquid-filled canister holding something that looked very much like a brain. With a loud crash, Charlie dropped the jar, shattering it and spewing the contents all over the floor.

"Shhh!" Rib jumped down from the stool and tried to scoop up the brain, but it was too late.

"You two! Mascot Duty! Now!" Mr. Campbell was standing in the doorway with his arms crossed, a very displeased look on his face.

"Can I at least keep this?" Rib held up the gooey brain.

"GO!" Mr. Campbell roared, and dropping the brain, Rib sadly slumped out of the lab.

~~~

"Cheer up, Charlie!" Rib told her in the athletic shed as he took off the bear suit and passed it to her. "I had a great idea for the movie when I was wearing that!"

Charlie shot him an incredulous look before pulling on the bear head to take her turn being punished.

"Vampire Bears!" he exclaimed, popping his plastic fangs into Calli The Bear's snout.

"No way am I wearing this on film!" Charlie plucked out the fangs.

"Okay, then what about a zombie bear?" Rib asked.

"No," Charlie refused.

"A bearwolf?" grinned Rib. "Ha! Get it???"

"Yes. But no," Charlie shook her head.

"Then what kind of bear?" Rib frowned in thought.

"No kind of bear!" yelled Charlie.

"Fine!" Rib crossed his arms. "I'm already the director and the lead role, but I guess I'll be the bear too," he sighed. "You can just be the girl."

"Good," thought Charlie, heaving a sigh and surveying her bear-costumed-self in the shed mirror. "Well, at least it can't be as bad as this."

~~~

"I was right. It's way worse," Charlie cringed when Rib had finished putting on her makeup for the film. He had painted so many fake wounds onto her face that she looked like she had been murdered 30 times- but that was not the most horrific part of her costume. She was wearing a blood-splattered leotard and tutu.

"So let me get this straight," Charlie looked at Rib. "I'm supposed to be a ballerina ghost?"

"From space," grinned Rib, popping an astronaut helmet over her head.

"I think I'd rather be the bear," she grimaced.

"Great! You can be that too!" Rib exclaimed. "Now let's get to work!"

Straightening his own tattered costume, Rib excitedly grabbed the video camera and headed for the door.

"I thought I was joining this club to get out of having to wear the bear suit," Charlie sighed and followed him out.

~~~

"Ugh," Charlie slouched into the dorm hours later when Rib was finally satisfied with their footage.

"Whoa! What happened to you?" Demeter called from the couch, noticing her still-gory makeup job.

"Rib happened," Charlie grimaced embarrassedly before ducking towards the bathroom around the corner to wash her face.

Reaching for the knob, Charlie was surprised when the door swung open to reveal Pace, freshly showered and wearing a pair of sweat pants; a towel around his neck.

Charlie took a step back, awaiting the oncoming snark, but to her further shock, he did not greet her with any of his usual coldness.

"Are you okay?" he asked, staring at her face, and looking surprisingly concerned.

"Yeah, it's just makeup," said Charlie, honestly taken aback at his gentle question.

However, the moment of Pace's caring was up. As soon as she had explained, his standard scowl returned.

"You shouldn't joke around like that," he glared, pushing past her and disappearing into the bedroom.

"Well, at least he was almost nice for a whole two seconds," sighed Charlie, entering the bathroom to get cleaned up.

~~~

---AUTHOR NOTE---

Hi everyone! It's another day-early update! Hehe! I just can't help myself!

I also got some more fan art!

This one's from Shuhei Hisagi- it's too funny, isn't it? And not to mention sooo pretty! I think Pace's hair really would be quite soft xD

The second piece is a super cute Apollo by Akami Hale! Look at those beautiful eyes! <3

Once again, great, great work! THANK YOU!!!

xox Ray