Chapter 1-3

"So, uhh...hi.  I'm Charlie. I guess we're going to be roommates," Charlie awkwardly tried to change the subject. "Your name's Pace, right?"

"You don't look like a boy," Pace stared at her, ignoring her words completely.

"That's because I'm not a boy," Charlie chuckled self-consciously. "You see, there was this big misunder-" she began to explain but Pace was already walking away.

"Come on," he said and Charlie had no choice but to follow.

~~~

The Athens Dorm stood at the end of a long hallway. Pace opened the door and walked in, letting it almost swing shut on Charlie.

"Thanks," she thought sarcastically, stepping inside and looking around.

The common room was spacious with a very lived-in feel. Posters decked the walls. There was a kitchen area off to one side, a sofa, and... was that a pair of legs sticking out from behind the table?

"What the?!" Charlie screamed as she peered around one of the chairs. The body of an orange-haired boy was lying on the floor, a bloody knife sticking out of his chest!

"AHH! IS HE-?" Charlie sputtered.

"Hey. Get up, idiot," Pace kicked at the body, entirely unphased. "We have a new roommate."

"Aww! I thought I had you for sure this time!" the boy groaned, sitting up.

"What is going on here?!" Charlie took a step back.

"Meet Rib," said Pace, sitting down and looking bored. "He's harmless. Annoying, but harmless."

"Er, hi," Charlie greeted the blood-stained boy in bewilderment.

"Our new roommate is a GIRL?!?" Rib howled in astonishment as he rose to his full height, the gag knife still poking from his chest.

"Did someone say girl???" two more boys appeared, shouting in excited unison. They looked identical, except for that fact that one had his long, maroon hair pulled back into a ponytail.

"They're twins," explained Rib, taking over Pace's job of introductions.

"Hi, gorgeous! I'm Apollo!" grinned the twin with his hair down.

"And I'm his better looking version, Demeter!" winked his brother.

"We're the Princes of Olympus Academy!" they told Charlie proudly.

"Princes? But isn't Demeter a girl's name?" she asked.

"Yep! That's why he has such long hair!" teased Rib.

"Haha! Yeah! Hey, wait-" Apollo's laughter ended abruptly as he realized his own hair was just as long.

"Who are you to talk, Charlie?" said Pace bitingly.

"Well, actually, Charlie is short for Charlize..." Charlie flushed embarrassedly.

"Don't pay attention to him. He has issues," said Rib.

Just then yet another boy entered the common room. He had brown hair and a very proper look about him.

"What is all the commotion?" he asked.

"We got a new roomie, Max!" Rib told him.

"And she's a girl!" added the twins.

"Pleased to meet you. I am Maxsim," he smiled, shaking Charlie's hand.

"Exchange student," whispered Rib.

"Uhh... How many people live in this dorm?" asked Charlie, feeling more than a little concerned.

"Five- well, six now," answered Rib. "Hey guys! I just realized! Now that we have six people again, we can still enter the end of the year competition! What do you say?"

"Yeah!" cheered the twins!

"Yes!" smiled Max. 

"Absolutely..." said Pace, standing up. "Not," he finished, and with a slam, stormed out of the dorm.