Chapter 14-5

"The Spartans stole Casey's plan to get the medal?" Rib shouted the next day. "But how?"

"I don't know, but Pace thinks I told them," Charlie frowned as she poked at her breakfast.

"Yeah right," Demeter scoffed. "It was you who got us to enter in the first place. Why would you give away our winning move?"

"You mean you believe me?" Charlie looked around the table with relief.

"Of course we do," nodded Rib. "Those Spartans are no good," he added, punching his box of cereal and sending it flying into Demeter.

"Hey, save your energy for the Olympics," he said, pushing the box back towards Rib.

"Yeah, now we have even more reason to win," nodded Apollo.

"But how did the Spartans discover our secret formation?" Max looked worried.

"Maybe they have a spy," suggested Demeter.

"Oh, they are so gonna pay when I find out who it is!" Rib grinned evilly as he jumped up, knocking the cereal box into Demeter again.

"How are you going to find out who it is?" Demeter demanded, irritatedly placing the box back on the table once again.

"Hey! I don't just hunt ghosts!" smiled Rib before pulling on his new hockey mask and rushing out the door.

"Come on. We'd better go look after him," Demeter shook his head and led the others out of the dorm.

~~~

"Where did he go?" Charlie glanced around behind the school as they searched for Rib. "Rib!" Charlie called, when suddenly the bushes near the doors began to ruffle.

"Aha!" Rib popped out of the shrubbery, still wearing his hockey mask, magnifying glass in hand. "A clue!" he grinned, holding up one of the leaves he had just broken from the plant.

"I found him," Charlie grimaced.

"Where did he get the magnifying glass?" Demeter watched Rib curiously as he dove back into the greenery.

"Shh!" the bushes hissed. "I'm onto something here!"

"Uh, Rib?" Charlie said, glancing across the field.

"Not now, Charlie! I'm about to discover the culprit!" Rib's voice floated through the leaves.

"But I think they're over there," she told him, still staring over the grounds.

"Huh?" Rib gasped as the twins pulled him out of the landscaping.

"It is the Spartans!" Max whispered as they all watched five of the Spartans crowd around each other.

"Haha! Look at these idiots!" Bradford howled with laughter and gave Madsen a high five.

"Losers," grinned Zenith.

"What are they looking at?" wondered Demeter.

"AHA!" Rib had already rushed up behind them. "And just what is that?" he demanded, pulling up his mask and reaching for a small camera that Nix was holding.

"None of your business," growled Bradford, shoving his hand in front of Rib's face.

"Tell us!" yelled Demeter as the others hurried to join Rib.

"It's just my project for Film Club," said Nix, stowing the camera behind his back.

"You're not in Film Club!" shouted Rib, swiftly grabbing the device from his hands. "Now how do you work this thing?" he cried, beginning to shake the camera and randomly push its buttons.

"Please allow me," Max said, simply taking the camera and pulling up the most recent video.

"It's a video of us practicing!" Demeter gasped.

"And not a very good one! I look awful!" cringed Apollo. "Delete it!"

"There are more," frowned Max as he scrolled through the footage.

"Our pyramid!" gasped Demeter as a video of the Athens dorm working on their formation came into view.

"So you were spying on us!" cried Charlie.

"I knew it!" screamed Rib.

"Hey, don't worry," grinned Bradford. "It's not like you were gonna make it far enough in the competition to get to use that design anyways. So if you think about it, it's not really a loss."

"Oh, you-" Rib was pulling back on his mask, ready to attack, but the twins held him back. "We'll just see who gets to use it!" he called as Apollo and Demeter dragged him away.

"Well, now we really have to win," said Demeter thoughtfully, when they had finally pulled Rib back into the dorm.

"Yeah. Let's go find Pace and tell him it was Nix," said Apollo.

"Right! We need to clear your name!" Rib told Charlie. "Come on. I bet I know where he is."

"You go ahead," she told them. "There's something I need to do."

~~~

"Charlie?" Printz opened the Spartan door after Charlie's furious knocking. "What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to warn you about the Olympics," said Charlie. "You may have stolen Casey's plan, but we'll never give up. I'm gonna give it my all. And I'm gonna win. Like a 'good girl'," she mocked Printz's words. "And this 'good girl' doesn't need a Printz," she scowled, throwing Printz's princely sash and the necklace he had given her at his feet. "As long as I can help it, you'll never even get the chance to use Casey's precious design," she finished, spinning on her heel and storming down the hall- just as Pace came around the corner.

~~~

Hours later, the sun was setting and Charlie was still in the stadium practicing her high jump.

"Oomph," she landed on the mat, and though she was exhausted, she got directly back up to jump again.

However, little did she know, she was being watched again.

~~~

When Charlie finally drug herself back to the already deserted dorm, barely able to hold herself up, she collapsed immediately on the couch. Eyes closing as soon as she hit the cushions, she quickly fell asleep, but not too long after, a soft creaking sound caused her to stir.

"Huh?" looking up sleepily, Charlie saw a shadowy form disappearing into her room. Then, looking down she realized she was now covered with a blanket- but not just any blanket- Casey's blanket.