Chapter 16: Nice to see you again

Am I in love with you? Or am I in love with the feeling? Trying to find the truth, sometimes the heart is deceiving. Can't get out of my head, and I need you to save me. If I am delusional then maybe I'm crazy in love with you. Am I in love with you? Or am I in love with the feeling?

The feeling - Justin Bieber ft. Halsey

''We should skip.''

It was hot outside today and Luke didn't feel like being stuck in a classroom with thirty other students. He barely survived the morning, how will he get trough his last two classes? Most schools don't have air conditioned - only private schools have - so they open the windows but let's be real, it's never enough.

''Good idea. When I skip, I go home but today's my dad's day off so...better not.''

''No one's home but Ray get off work at two, we'd get caught and he'd call my mum.''

Calum scrunched his nose and Luke sighed, both slouching back in their seats.

They need to find a place to go because the bell for the end of lunch will go off really soon and once that bell rang, they can get caught.

Most students who skips goes to the small park in front of the school or the mall but it's too hot to stay outside and the mall is a little far if you don't have a civil bus pass. They could pay to take the bus but Luke doesn't have money.

And borrowing three dollars from Calum is kinda embarrassing.

He probably wouldn't mind but, still.

Calum smirked, elbowing his blonde friend, almost making him choke on his juice. Luke cough and glared at the boy. ''I know a place.''

Luke raised an eyebrow, finishing his juice quickly and standing up. ''What are we waiting for, let's go.''

The two teenagers left the lunch room and went to their lockers, grabbing their bags and stuff, not planning on coming back. They only have two period left, what's the point coming back to school just for the busses?

They pushed the doors and the burning sun hit them as soon as they stepped outside. The heat was almost suffocating. And to say fall's starting in two weeks...doesn't look like it.

''Ugh, I'm starting to melt already,'' Calum joked as they walked on the sidewalk, squinting his eyes as the sun flashed in his eyes, blinding him.

''Where are we going?'' Luke asked, trying to keep up with Calum's fast pace. How can he walk fast when it's so hot outside?

''Somewhere,'' he replied. ''We should go to the beach - or, do you know anyone who has a pool?''

Luke shook his head. ''Our neighbor have one but, she's crazy.''

A chuckle escaped his friend's lips. ''The old kind?''

''No, she's really crazy. Last week she jumped off her roof and to her pool. It's a two story house.''

''Erm, how is she not dead?''

Luke shrugged. ''I asked myself the same...'' he trailed and laughed.

After some more walking, Calum climbed up a small rocky hill, making Luke groan because it's fucking hot and he's not good at climbing. He almost fell two times but Calum was there and helped him up like the good friend he is.

''Finally!'' Calum exclaimed, wiping the sweat off his face for the third time since they left school. ''I knew we were close. You better be there,'' he grumbled, crossing the street and walking an alley.