1. Broken up family

Everyone thinks that we're perfect. Please don't let them look through the curtains. D-O-L-L-H-O-U-S-E. I see things that nobody else sees.  

Dollhouse - Melanie Martinez

Horrible.

This is how Luke's weekend at his father's went. He hated every seconds of it. It sounds dramatic but the blonde was truly impatient to go home to his mother. Not because he prefers her to his dad - he loves them both - but there, at his mother's place, he feels loved and wanted.  

When Luke arrived at his dad's place on Friday night, he was confused to see a second car in the driveway. He thought his dad had friends over or something but no, it was actually his girlfriend- fiancé, Marie. It was the first time she and Luke met and he could feel she hated him and did not want him there. But Andrew is his dad, she can't forbid him to come over. 

On Sunday night, after he got back from his dad's, Luke slipped a few words to his mum about Marie. He couldn't keep it in, he had to tell someone. He had to get this out of his chest. 

''I'm sure you're exaggerating,'' Liz said before taking another bite of pastas. ''She can't be this bad. Give her time, she'll warm up to you. It's not easy for her either, Luke. She's young, she probably wasn't expecting your father to have children.''

The blonde snickered. ''She knew. Ben met her already and she loves him. It's me she hates, always me.'' 

''Why do you say that?'' 

''You should've seen the way she was looking at me the whole weekend. I bet she hoped I wasn't a part of the package when she accepted to marry my father. Now she's seen me, she's not happy with the poisoned gift.''

A beeping sound was heard and Liz reached out for her phone, reading her incoming text as Luke rolled his eyes and continued to eat his dinner. 

Sometimes, Luke wonders if her phone is more important that her son. She always pick up her phone but doesn't always listen to Luke when he speaks, like now. 

''Ray wants me to come over tonight. Will you be okay on your own?'' she asked, waiting before typing her answer. 

Luke rolled his eyes. He's sixteen, he doesn't need a babysitter. ''Yeah, I have homework to do anyway,'' he replied.

She texted her answer to Ray, then got up, putting her plate on the counter after rinsing it clean. ''I must go,'' she announced. She opened the dishwasher, seeing it still full. ''Can you unload the dishwasher while I'm gone? You'd be an angel.'' 

Luke frowned, lifting his eyes from his plate to land on his mother. ''Wasn't it Ben's turn this week?''

''Yes, but he's busy with school and work, it's your chore now.''

It's your chore now. Luke is sick of hearing this. Ben doesn't do anything in the house anymore. He always claims to be busy and not have time to help out. Just because he got a job and goes to college doesn't mean he can escape house chores. Luke goes to school too - not college but high school isn't easy either - yet he has to do all of his chores or else there'll be consequences. 

''So, will you do it?'' she repeated impatiently. ''Ray is waiting after me, Luke!'' 

He breathed in annoyance. ''Sure.'' 

As much as he loves Ray, Luke wishes his mother wouldn't spend so much time with the man. She's always over at his place or out somewhere with him. Luke understands that she's in her 'honeymoon phase' with Ray but he still wishes she was home more.