3. From heaven to hell

I'm tugging at my hair. I'm pulling at my clothes. I'm trying to keep my cool. I know it shows. I'm staring at my feet. My cheeks are turning red. I'm searching for the words inside my head. Cause I'm feeling nervous. Trying to be so perfect.

Things I'll never say - Avril Lavigne

  The last three weeks of June were spent running between exams and play practices which left Luke exhausted at the end of the day. With the play premiere coming soon, John, the play's director, decided to add another practice day to make sure they were truly ready for the premiere night. He also made practices more charged, leaving no time for chatting backstage. 

Now, Luke had no time to try and speak to Kellin and that fucking sucks. Just when the blonde found the guts to talk to him, he can't. He could always ask Michael to introduce them but he prefers doing it on his own. What if Michael embrasses him? Michael knows about his crush on Kellin and he loves to tease him about it. 

He can't risk being embarrassed in front of Kellin. He'll never want to be his friend. 

Or more. 

It's Thursday and tomorrow is the last day of school which means this is their last practice before school ends. Some actors - the ones who aren't locals - will have to show up Saturday to catch up with practice since they can't come down during the week because of school as most actors are students.

Michael and Ashton aren't there today. It's only Luke and Calum though Luke doesn't talk that much to Calum. He doesn't know why, he just doesn't. Calum's a nice guy, he always has weird stories to tell. He also has an older sister, Mali, who sings and dance in the play. 

When practice was over, Luke waved to Calum and went to the front to wait for his mum to arrive. He normally wait with Michael since he's always the last to go but the colorful haired boy isn't there today. So Luke sat alone on the bench.

Minutes passed and his mum hadn't showed up. Luke was getting worried she forgot about him. He chewed on his lip and pulled out his phone, texting her quickly. He doesn't want to walk home, it's a long ass walk. 

''What are you doing still here? John is closing the arena in ten minutes,'' someone said, making Luke turn around. He almost forgot to breathe when he saw it was Kellin who had spoken. 

''Oh, I can wait outside if-'' 

 Luke grabbed his bag from the floor and was about to get up when Kellin stopped him, shaking his head. ''No, it's fine. Is someone picking you up?'' 

He nodded. It's embarrassing to tell someone your parents still drive you places. Most teenagers takes the bus or have a car. ''Yeah, my mum,'' he replied, trying to not stumble over his words. He does that when he's talking to someone intimidating. 

''Mind if I sit with you?'' Luke shook his head. Of course he doesn't mind. ''You're friend with Mike, right? I believe I've seen you with him before.'' 

Luke nodded again, unable to talk because- fuck, this is his crush talking to him. Kellin is talking to him and he doesn't know how to handle it. Send help. 

''You're not the talkative kind, I see,'' Kellin chuckled, walking closer before sitting on a bench in front of Luke. ''I'm Kellin by the way,'' he introduced himself.