12. Rainstorm of tears

One day I'll heal but I'll be covered in scars, and I'll never forget watching it all fall apart when you finally came clean about the lies & the games that you played from the start. It's like every second we spent together is always on repeat in the back of my mind. What was I thinking when I gave you my life?  

Red tooth and claws - Memphis may fire

  Everyone has a different way to deal with heartbreaks. Some cry buckets of tears and a whole eat ice cream tub by themselves. Some drinks their sorrow away, letting alcohol lull them into oblivion. Some are in denial and refuse to believe what's happening.

Teenagers tends to lean toward two options: crying or denial. Sometimes, alcohol is thrown in there but, let's not think about that. 

Being in denial often happen one isn't over the other. Love isn't always a mutual feeling. Sometimes, one grow apart and 'stops' having feeling for their lover - or find a new love interest. Most of the time, the person who didn't make the decision is still in love with their partner which is why they refuse to accept the situation.

Accepting means this is officially over.

Unless you're the one who made the decision - even then -, breakups always comes with tears. It doesn't matter how much; whether it's a bucket or a stray tear.

Heartbreaks hurts and the only way to cure it is to go trough all the painful steps. 

Accepting the situation. This is probably the hardest - next to moving on, of course. You've been hurt, and you feel sad. These are normal emotions, and you need to accept that they are happening. 

It can take days, weeks or months to accept the situation and it's okay. 

Some takes years to accept the end of a relationship. It's a little extreme but not impossible, no one heals the same way or at the same pace. Everyone is different.

Luke was a mess. He was mad. He was sad. He was-

His feelings were all messed up; he didn't know how to feel.

Luke said nothing on the ride home, he only stared out the window in silence. Sometimes silence is good but in this case, Luke's silence was violent. His mum was hoping to talk with him when they got home but the teenage boy was quick and jumped out of the car as soon as they were parked and went straight to his bedroom without a word, closing the door behind him. 

Liz shrugged it off and went in the kitchen to start dinner, thinking he was mad about being pulled out of the play. 

If only she knew what was going on in her son's head...or life.

Behind the closed door, Luke closed his eyes, pushing back his tears. He refused to cry. Crying means weakness and he's not weak. He doesn't want to be weak. 

He sat on the floor, letting his back slide against the door as he rubbed his face furiously with his hands, almost scratching his skin with his blunt-cut nails. He was frustrated and thought this might help putting order in his thoughts and emotions.