Court Day Continuation

Caleb's POV.

I reread the text over and over again, trying to make sense of it all. I look at Hanna to see her starring at me.

I grab her arm and rush out of the room and down the stairs. Once we make it outside, we run to the car, pushing past people and dodging them. We ignore some people's stares as we approach the car. Hanna unlocks it and I open the drivers door. I look down at the drivers seat and find a dark red envelope sitting on top of a disk. I pick up the envelope and examine it.

On the back of the envelope, there was writing:

Caleb and Hanna...

I open the envelope pull out a white piece of paper that was neatly folded into three. I unravel it and read it to myself.

It's quite funny how you hire a smart lawyer but he misses the obvious in the situation. I thought you were smart Caleb. I guess people do surprise you.

Maybe, next time, you should check the footage?

A 16-year-old girl should not be at a club. Especially one that checks ID's before entering.

You can thank me later...

-A

I reread the letter, trying to make sense of it all.

"How the hell did Charlotte get out of the psycho ward? And how the hell did she find us?" Hanna asks me as she reads the letter while standing on her toes to look over my shoulder.

"I don't know. Most importantly, what does this mean?" I ask more to myself.

"The disk." Hanna says, grabbing the disk and showing it to me.

I grab the disk out of her hand and examine it. There's nothing on the disk. So, I shut the door to the car and walk towards the building.

"Caleb, what are you doing?" Hanna asks me as she locks the car and chases after me.

I ignore her and continue to walk towards the building. I open the door and wait for Hanna to enter through the door. Once she does, I enter the building and walk to the restroom. As soon as I reach the restrooms, Dane walks out of the men's room, surprised to see me.

"Caleb, wait!" Hanna shouts to me, making me stop walking towards Dane and turns to Hanna.

"What are you doing?" Hanna hisses at me, looking at me like I just murdered someone.

"What do you mean?" I ask her.

"Why are you stalking up to Dane with that disk? You don't even know what's on that disk Caleb! It could be anything! Charlotte could be playing with us!" Hanna whispers to me.

"But, what if she isn't playing with us Han? What if, whatever is on this disk, can help us?" I ask her, whispering.

"We already been down this road Caleb. She played with us once, she'll do it again in a heartbeat." Hanna whispers to me.

"I get it Han. I know that she tortured you and played with you. But, this feels different Han. Please, let's just try to use this disk as evidence. Can you do that? Can you put enough trust in this disk, please?" I ask Hanna, desperation clear in my voice.

"Okay." Hanna says, looking me straight in the eyes.

"Thank you." I tell her, kissing her forehead.

"Sorry, I don't mean to interrupt, but we need to start heading back to the court room." Dane says, making us look at him.

"Wait. I have something." I tell him, holding out the disk to him.