Silent Treatment

Hanna's Pov.

I walk upstairs and into my bedroom, closing the door. I put my back against the door and slide down, onto the floor.

Tears continue to fall down from my eyes.

This seems so familiar. Last time I did this, Caleb and me and just broke up. It was my fault last time, so is it my fault this time too?

No! It's not. I shouldn't be crying! He's the one who puts work first before his own damn family and it didn't just happened once or twice.  It happens multiple times.  And he thinks he can just come home late and say sorry.  Like no honey.  So, yeah, I shouldn't be crying over this.  He's the one who should be crying because he's on the edge. 

I furiously wipe away the rest of my tears.  I stand up and walk to the bathroom, turning the light on.  I wash my face with water, trying to make it look like I wasn't crying.  I dry my face with a towel, turning the light off and opening my bedroom door.  I walk downstairs and into the kitchen.  Caleb is sitting at the table with his hands covering his face. 

Upon hearing me walking, Caleb takes his hands away from his face, opening his eyes and looking at me.

"Aren't we going to talk about this?"  Caleb asks, standing up.

I don't say anything back to him.  I just continue walking to the door.

"Come on, talk to me."  Caleb says, gently pulling my arm away from the door.

I just stare at the door, still not saying anything to him. 

"Are you giving me the silent treatment?"  Caleb asks, confused.

I stay silent, answering his question. 

"Great. The silent treatment."  Caleb confirms.

"Not talking isn't going to solve anything!" Caleb shouts at me.

I just stand there, still not looking at him.

"Stop acting immature!" Caleb shouts.

That's when I turn around and look at him with fury in my eyes.

"I'm not acting immature. I'm furious. I'm not going to talk before I say something that I don't mean." I tell Caleb as calmly as I can.

"So, if we're not going to talk about this now, then when are we going to talk about it?" Caleb asks.

"When we both think of the situation and have calmed down. That time is not now. So, put a smile on your face and act like everything is alright. The last thing we need is for our kids to know we're fighting." I reply to him, turning around and opening the door, walking outside.

I sit down with the rest of the ladies and act as if nothing happened.

Caleb's POV.

As Hanna walks out of that door, I kick it shut after her.

I don't understand! She should know how important this job is for me!

"Woah man, what's wrong?" Ezra asks as he walks inside the house.

"Nothing, don't worry about it."  I reply to Ezra, not wanting him to get involved in any way.

"Come on, just tell me."  Ezra commands.

I sigh, "Alright, Hanna is just mad at me for making my work important!" I burst, feeling the need to talk about it.

"Elaborate please, because I'm pretty sure Hanna wouldn't be mad at you for that." Ezra says, sitting down at the dining table, motioning me to also sit down.

I sit down and decide to explain myself more.

"She got mad at me for being late today, and I couldn't make it on time because I had a very important meeting!" I shout, not meaning to but I can't help it. I'm mad.

"Well, what did she say back to you when you told her that?" Ezra asks.

"She basically said that she's fed up from me being late but I can't help that I have a very important job! She also said that I put work before family, which isn't true!"  I explain to him.

"Well, was this your first time being late to something?" He asks me.

"W-well no, but my job is very important!" I try to explain on my part.

"So your job is more important than your family?" Ezra questions.

"What- No! I didn't say that!"  I argue back.

"But you did.  You may have not said those exact words but you did say words that have the same meaning."  Ezra explains to me.

"Well, I didn't mean it that way."  I say, sighing out of frustration.

"But she doesn't see it that way. " Ezra says, as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Well, how do I make her see it that way? Because I love my family more than anything, including work."  I ask him.

"You have to prove it to her.  Show her that family is before anything and everything.... Look, I get what you mean and I believe you, but she doesn't. Before you talk to her about this, think about the situation in her point of view.  Step into her shoes."  Ezra says, getting up, patting me on my back and walking out of the house and into the backyard.

Step into her shoes...

-------------------------------------------
Authors Note:

Hello everyone! This chapter is very short and I am very sorry! Next one will be longer, promise!
What do you think about the whole situation?
Who do you agree with or disagree with?

Let me know by commenting! I'm very curious as to what you think.

Please vote!

Follow me?

Happy Reading!
-KaileeXoxo