Step By Step.

Caleb's POV.

I woke up the next morning to the smell of food and coffee.  I stretched my body out, trying to wake myself up.  I stand up and put on a random black shirt I found on the ground.  I grab a pair of basketball shorts and put them on.  After, I go into the bathroom and brush my teeth.  When I was done, I walk downstairs and into the kitchen.

I walk in to find Hanna standing above the stove, wearing a white tank top and light pink sleeping shorts.  

"Hey sexy."  I greet her, walking up behind her and wrapping my arms around her waist.  

Hanna tenses and shrugs her shoulders, trying to shake me off.

"Caleb, just because we fell asleep in each others arms last night doesn't mean we're on good terms."  Hanna tells me, not looking at me.

"Oh, sorry."  I apologize to her. 

"It's fine."  Hanna replies to me, still not looking at me.

"Where are the kids?  They still sleeping?"  I ask her, changing the subject.

"No, my mom and Ted are in town so they picked up the kids to have some time with them."  Hanna replies to me.  

"They should come over for dinner."  I suggest to Hanna, missing them both so much.

"They aren't. The kids are actually staying over at their hotel so that we don't have to worry about them when we talk about everything."  Hanna tells me.

"Oh, that was a good idea."  I say to her.

"Yeah. I made coffee for you.  It's on the counter."  She tells me.  I walk to the counter and pick up the mug that consists of my coffee.  

"Thanks."  I say after I take a sip of my black coffee.

I sit down at the table, watching Hanna cook something.  

"You should take a picture.  It lasts longer."  Hanna tells me, turning around with the pan in her hands.  

"Maybe I will."  I say back to her.  She smiles a small smile at me as she begins to pour the scrambled eggs onto two plates.  

When Hanna was done, she puts the pan in the sink.  She carries the two plates over to the table and sits across from me, placing a plate in front of me.

"Thank you.  Smells good." I compliment the food as I take a bite.  

The eggs sting my mouth from it being so hot from the stove.  My face scrunches up in pain, trying to chew the hot food.

"Watch out, it's hot.  Because, ya know, it just came off of the stove."  Hanna warns me a little too late as she stifles a laugh.

"Thanks for letting me know."  I tell her sarcastically before I swallow it.

"Any time."  Hanna replies back, giggling at me.  

We continue to eat our food in silence, enjoying the delicious food.  

Halfway through eating, Hanna clears her throat, making me look up at her.

"Let's start talking about some things."  Hanna suggests.

"Okay, what first?"  I ask her.

"Hmm.... how about we talk about... your job.  We can't keep living off of one paycheck.  Especially if we have to go to court and we're having another baby..  That costs lots of money.  Money that we don't have."  Hanna tells me, stuffing a forkful of eggs in her mouth.

"Okay.  You're right.  We can't keep living off of one paycheck.  So, I'll start looking for a job.  There is a lot of hacking companies here in San Francisco."  I tell Hanna, not wanting to fight.  I am going to try my best to avoid having a fight with her.