Chapter 12: Pigtail practice

Joji's pov: I decided to edit in the living room so Fiona could have our room to herself for a bit. It's been 2 days since the Australia trip and Fiona still is still counting the days till we go to California to stay with Ian for a couple days to record again and she's counting now even though it's in a month like the last weeks of October. "Fiona are you doing your classes?" I ask her while I take a break "Yeah it's pretty easy so far just having a hard time with the Japanese lessons again.." she says looking at the screen, I got an idea to help her practice with her Japanese and I instantly told her "I'll make you a deal if you can say a full sentence in  Japanese I will let you put pigtails in my hair."  Fiona looked up from the screen and instantly started mumbling pronunciations to herself to make a complete sentence.

Fiona's pov:  There was no way I could pass up this chance so I tried the basic "hello my name is blank nice to meet you." and while practicing the sentence I started working on the worksheet for Japanese manners. I decided to impress Joji even more by practicing my Japanese meal manners for dinner, "Fiona do you want to come grocery shopping?" I hear Joji say from the living room and I decided to go with him so he wouldn't be lonely. When we get to the store Joji hands me a list of groceries and grabbed a shopping cart, I start naming things once we get in the aisles "What are we even making for dinner this is all rice and vegetables Joji!" I said while he was looking at the lettuce "It's a surprise kiddo." He said smiling and I nodded groaning inside because I didn't like surprises.

Joji's pov: I decided to grab dessert as well and grabbed a box of strawberry pocky for Fiona and chocolate for me, I pay for the groceries and we grabbed the bags and headed home. When we get home Fiona sets the bags down and heads towards our room and I started to cook dinner which was fried rice and our desert was ice cream with pocky sticks, I see Fiona come up to me while cooking and she looks like she has something to say "Are you ready to say your sentence?" I asked and she nodded and I told her to go ahead and paused on chopping the vegetables. "Konnichiwa Fiona desu Yoroshiku ." ( Hello I'm Fiona Nice to meet you) Fiona says and I am instantly impressed "I'm proud of you Fiona you said it so well to!" I said happily and Fiona smiled and said she would do the pigtails after I made dinner and I groaned which made her laugh a bit.

Fiona's pov: I start choosing the color of rubber bands deciding on blue and green colored ones.  Joji calls me over so I can go eat dinner and I see it's fried rice and I sit down ready to impress Joji more with my Japanese manners lesson "Itadakimasu!" (Something said before eating) I said trying to show Joji what I've been learning and he instantly smiles and said it as well. "So you're learning meal manners?" Joji asked "Ya it's a little difficult but the worksheets are getting easier." I explained and he nodded telling me if I ever need help to tell him. "Alright I'm ready for the pigtails." Joji said as we finished dinner and I giggled a little as he sat on the couch and I grabbed the rubber bands, "is it supposed to be this tight?!" Joji asked while I started tying the other rubber band in his hair "maybe i don't know I've never done this to a guy before."  I said trying to loosen the bands and Joji sighed in defeat sitting on the couch editing his videos.