17. House of Dicks - Literally

Start from the beginning

He sighed, "So your with Emery?"

"No, I went home, something happened, and well I'm with Avi, Emery went somewhere with Caleb, I don't know where though".

"Oh," yeah, it isn't that hard to figure out what happened. "Is she alright?"

I turn to look at her, watching her numbly nibble her fries, "no, she's not".

"Is there anything I can do?"

"No, were fine, were going to stay here though, I'll be back by Friday, what time are we leaving for the airport?"

"7 am,"

"Alright, I'll see you later, tell the boys I say 'hi' and don't burn my house down". After he said bye, we both hung up.

I walk back to the table and we finish our meal in silence.

About 15 minutes were back in the car driving, "Let's find a place to stay, I have 4 days left here, we have to be back Friday by 7 am". She nods her head, but doesn't say anything.

I pull up to the first hotel I see, Hilton, whatever, I'm tired.

I grabbed my bags that Emery packed that were still in the trunk and we go to check in.

"Your room is 987, enjoy your stay". The man said, he was old, gave off this creepy vibe too.

"Thanks".

We headed up stairs; the room had two beds and, well the regular hotel room. We didn't want a suite, though our room had a mini bar.

"I'm going to take a quick shower, wear anything you want".

I took a quick shower, just needing to be clean, I miss my vanilla shampoo and minty body wash though. I never really like the thumb nail size of shampoo and soap bar.

I walked out and pulled on sweats and a loose shirt, I pulled my hair up and looked over to Avi. She was curled up on her side, steady breaths signalling she was already asleep.

I went up to her and kissed her head, "It'll be okay, goodnight". I got in bed and text Emery 'goodnight', turned off our lamps and fell asleep.

The room was magnificent, beautiful. Men and women twirled round and round on the giant dance floor, to the rhythm of some classical notes. The women wore puffy yet elegant 19th century dresses in every colour of the rainbow, with jewels and diamonds embedded throughout the fabric. The men were black tuxes with the long flap trailing their behind, each posed straight as if a back bored was preventing any movement. The similarity of all the people were the masks. Each person wore a max hiding their true features, creating the illusion of reality.

I looked at what I wore, a beautiful jade green dress with the shoulders bare, tight from the bust trailing down to the end of my waist where the fabric bunches up but spreads out until a large circle is formed around my legs. It was beautiful with lace and rubies entrenched at various places. I can feel my hair in a tight bun at the top of my head, with single curls around my face. The mask I wore, I could barely see, but the green lace and red rubies I could see for it only covered my eyes.

I lifted the hem of my dress and walked down the sidelines, I felt as if I was looking for something, or rather one. I caught the eye of a beautiful man wearing just as all the other men wore, his black hairs gelled back to reveal his black mask coming just above his lips. His eyes were probing into mine, I could see the hazel and jade battling around his pupil. Those eyes, Emery, I felt compelled to walk over, maybe he didn't recognize me, but my feet stood still, preventing from moving where I stood.

Just as my feet became mobile, I started walking, but just as I was about to reach him, another women, blond, wearing a black lacy dress similar to mine, however hers were embedded with sapphires, the same as her eyes. She looked at me, with a smug smile on her face went to Emery and kissed him, fury boiled up in me and I moved faster to reach him, but he pulled her aside and they disappeared through a door I did not see.