Day 7: Cosplaying(ish)

Start from the beginning

"Change, Mavvy," the Italian said, his tone sounding like that of a mother.

"Fine, Mom," Maverick said sarcastically, which only elicited more giggles from Romeo.

"If you call me mama, that means I get to call you daddy~!" he teased, glancing at Maverick, who still had his back to him.

"Don't you dare!" Maverick's ears and neck were turning red now, and he was staring at the floor, now only in underwear, just like Romeo, who hadn't started getting dressed yet.

Maverick suddenly felt thin arms wrap around him from behind and squeeze him tight. Romeo had snuck up behind him. The Italian rested his chin on Maverick's shoulder and turned his head to press a kiss to the bare skin.

"I was just joking, Mav~" he said with a laugh, kissing his neck gently. "Or was I?" he added in a whisper. "I wasn't  joking if you did not want me to be~"

Maverick huffed and pulled Romeo's arms away. "Get off!"

Romeo rolled his eyes. "Fine, fine~" And with that, the Italian walked back over to his costume to put it on. He was done before Maverick, as he had fewer pieces, but eventually, they were both ready.

Romeo, wearing a completely unbuttoned Hawaiian shirt coupled with sagging swim trunks. Those two things together didn't make it hard to see the Italian's chest, slightly chubby but still nice, and the two lines shaped like a V leading down to(well, you know what I'm talking about)were plain as day. Maverick, of course, stared.

And speaking of the American, he was wearing ripped, black skinny jeans, a rather tight shirt, and a black leather jacket. His sunglasses were freshly cleaned and resting on the bridge of his nose, doing their job and covering his eyes. His hair was spiked up as usual, with just a bit more gel. He had a pack of candy cigarettes in a pocket of his.

Upon seeing the duo at first, you wouldn't even think they were supposed to match. But they were. They were a surfer and a biker, like from the American 1960's, also kind of inspired by Teen Beach Movie, a movie that Peter liked and forced them both to watch when it came out. Maverick wasn't with the idea at first... and it took some convincing from Romeo, but eventually, he reluctantly agreed.

"Mio Amore! Andiamo! We're gonna be the last to be there!" Romeo said with a pout, bouncing over to Maverick and hugging him around the middle again.

"Let's go then." Maverick pried Romeo off of him and grabbed the Italian's hand instead. Romeo's pout disappeared almost instantly and was replaced with a wide grin.

"Yay!"

-

Getting to the party proved to be a little harder than originally thought.

First, it was Matthew, who stopped them in the hallway and complimented their costumes.

Next, it was Alfred, who cornered them on the stairs to tease and laugh at them.

Then, it was Maverick's mother, who blocked them from leaving the house until she got some pictures of them together.

Finally, it was the fact that neither Maverick nor Romeo had a car to use, and not like they could drive one anyway, as neither had a driver's license yet either. Maverick was close though. So, the teens were stuck walking.

It only took about half an hour to get there, and the couple held hands the whole time. They didn't talk much, just enjoying each other's company. They passed a number of parents and little kids out trick-or-treating, as it was now the evening. Some of the parents they passed glared at them and shooed their kids away or covered their kids' eyes, either for the teens' costumes or the fact that they were holding hands. Probably both. While, on the other hand, other parents sent soft smiles in their direction and let their kids wave too. Romeo would give these kids high-fives, while Maverick would just roll his eyes.