Day 4: On A Date

(Pottertalia AU)

The air surrounding the castle was crisp and cool. The day was Saturday. It was fairly early in the day, almost 11 am. You wouldn't think anyone would be awake this early on a weekend, but in fact, quite a few people were up and ready. Today was one of the several Hogsmeade visits throughout the school year.

Two of the students who could be spotted wandering through the quaint village were sixth years Maverick Jones, a tough-acting but kindhearted American, and Romeo Vargas, a loud and flirtatious Italian.

From an outsider's point of view, it might not seem like the two would even like each other. However, despite their obvious differences, they were the best of friends. In fact, they were more than that. It was known throughout their group of friends that the two Hufflepuffs had had obvious crushes on each other years now. The two had begun dating a few months ago, actually. So, naturally, when Romeo had confidently asked Maverick to accompany him to Hogsmeade on a date, the American had awkwardly but happily agreed.

The two teens were now strolling down the Hogsmeade Main Street, standing extremely close together because of the coldness and snow that was always present in the village. Their shoulders were pressed together tightly, they were standing so close together. Every time their hands brushed a bright rosy blush would start to bloom on Maverick's face. Romeo would smile adorably every time this occurred.

The ebony-haired boy shivered. He had forgotten his scarf in their dormitory, and the snowy air was cold on his bare neck, causing chills to run through his whole body. The Italian took notice to this, and stopped quickly, undoing his own yellow and black scarf to wrap it around the both of their necks, drawing them even closer towards one another. The blush already present on Maverick's visage from the cold grew.

"Thanks..." he mumbled through the scarf.

"No problema~" Romeo said cheerfully, despite the cold.

"How are you so damn cheerful all the time?" Maverick grumbled, folding his arms.

"It's a gift~" the Italian replied with a little giggle.

After a few minutes had passed, Romeo snaked his arm around Maverick's waist, pulling them even closer. The American blushed profusely, but returned the gesture without complaint. Romeo sighed and smiled contently, resting his head on Maverick's shoulder as they continued down the street. Maverick let a small smile make its way onto his face.

They continued to wander aimlessly down the street, passing quite a few other couples they knew. Raivis and Eduard; Lili and Natalia; Marianne and Mei; and Oscar and Eliot; to name a few. When the Hufflepuffs passed the lastly mentioned duo, Oscar smirked at his cousin, causing the American to glare at him. The Gryffindor opened his mouth to say something, but the Luxembourger tugged on his arm, and the Australian turned back to his boyfriend.

Romeo and Maverick soon found themselves at the barbed wire fence preventing students from venturing to the Shrieking Shack. They sat down on a nearby rock and stayed in a comfortable silence once again. The Italian leaned into Maverick's side and lay his head on the other's shoulder. A smile formed on the other's face and the usually 'not the type for any kind of touching' American put an arm around Romeo. Both boys sighed simultaneously, leaning into each other.

"This is nice~" Romeo said after a moment.

"Yeah..." Maverick agreed, all traces of his usual tough act gone. He had realized a while ago that around Romeo he could really be himself, which was a relief sometimes. The American really was angry at himself for keeping up that fake tough guy stuff for so long, but he really couldn't slip out of it now. The only times he would and could truly ever be himself was when he was alone with Romeo.

"I just hope no assholes come along and ruin it," the American added. Romeo nodded and moved to give Maverick a kiss on the cheek, causing said teen to blush. The Italian let out a giggle at his reaction, and he put a hand up to the American's face, turned him so they were looking at each other, and proceeded to kiss the American on his other cheek, his nose, his forehead, anywhere and everywhere.

Maverick laughed quietly and tried to push Romeo away, but to no avail. The auburn-haired boy simply ignored his boyfriend, continuing to pepper his entire face with little kisses. The American rolled his eyes and gave up attempting to protest. This sweet exchange went on for a few more minutes, before Romeo got bored and leaned onto Maverick again.

After what seemed like hours of the duo sitting there just enjoying each other's presence with Romeo planting kisses along Maverick's jaw or on his cheeks every so often; and Maverick running his hands through Romeo's hair, humming something random as he did so; the two ended up walking back into the hustle and bustle of the village. They stopped in a few shops along the way, like Honeydukes, where Romeo purchased many different types of the amazing candies for them to share later; and Zonko's, where Maverick got a few things with which to prank his brothers and cousins with over the upcoming Winter Break.

"Ooooh let's go to The Three Broomsticks!" Romeo exclaimed as they approached the pub. "It's warm in there, and we can get butterbeers!"

Maverick nodded in agreement. The pub was an appealing place to go, especially after being mostly outside all throughout a cold day like this. "It'd be good to get out of this damn cold for a while."

The duo made their way into the pub and were immediately blasted with warm air. Romeo untied the scarf from around their necks and folded it in his arms. They found a small table for two by a window, and the Italian vanished to get the butterbeers. When Romeo returned with two frothing glasses, he sat down and slid one of the warm drinks across the table for Maverick. The American smiled and took a sip, relishing the warm, sweet taste of one of his favorite beverages.

Romeo grasped the American's other hand, which was laying on the table, and intertwined their fingers. They sat in a comfortable silence. There was no need for conversation, much like before. After the Hufflepuffs were finished, they headed back out into the cold. Before Maverick had a chance to shiver again, the scarf was back around his neck and he was much closer to his friend again.

The rest of the day was spent popping into various other shops before all students had to head back to Hogwarts. In their dorm later that night, both Maverick and Romeo lay awake in their beds, reminiscing on the day.

-

Well hello there. So sorry I took so long with this, honestly. I had wanted to upload it earlier, but spent so long working on it while trying to study for my exam on Monday while also reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, so I kinda took longer than expected. Anyway, it's here now, and I hope you liked it!

And before I forget, if you haven't already, please check out my Teenage Country Group Chat story and my Ask/Dare the Teenage Countries book. I've worked hard on the group chat one, and the ask/dare one can't continue without any asks or dares! Grazie~