Day 5: Kissing

This'll be a bit different than my other oneshots. Instead of doing one long one-shot, I'm making two or three shorter ones. Hope you enjoy!

(No AU)

It was Christmas Eve and every nation out there was attending Finland's Christmas party. Including the micronations. Said micronations were currently sitting in Sealand's room in the Nordic Household, and were getting ready to go downstairs. Hutt River must have already been down there, as he was nowhere in sight.

Sealand led the way as he marched from the room and around a corner towards the stairs, followed by the other micronations. Molossia lagged behind, walking at a snail's pace. When Seborga noticed the American micronation wasn't by his side anymore, he slowed and let Molossia catch up. When he did, the Italian micronation grabbed the other's hand and linked their fingers, hoping that would cheer up Molossia in some way.

And it did. A small smile formed on the ebony-haired teen's face, and he squeezed Seborga's hand. "I'm fine, don't worry about me," he said, answering the Italian's unasked question. The two eventually slowed to a stop without even realizing it.

Seborga looked at the slightly shorter boy and frowned. "Are you sure? You were being slower than usual, so I was just wondering..."

"Yeah... yeah I'm fine..." Molossia
said, glancing up for some reason and noticed something dangling from a hook on the ceiling.

Seborga followed his gaze, a smirk forming on his face. "Looks like we're under the mistletoe~" the auburn-haired boy cooed, his eyes flicking back to stare at Molossia, who was now looking back at him.

"You're going to have to kiss me, Molly~" Seborga said after Molossia said nothing. The American still didn't say a word, he just looked at the Italian with a mix of emotions on his face.

"After all, it is tradi-" he was cut off by Molossia suddenly grabbing his collar and yanking him closer, successfully connecting their lips. Seborga blinked in shock, as he never thought Molossia was the type to start such things. It was usually the Italian who initiated any romantic activities between the two of them, so this was a first.

However, after his initial five seconds of shock had worn off, a smile grew on his face and he wrapped his arms around Molossia's neck, drawing them even closer together. A red tinge found its way onto his cheeks. The two only parted when their lungs were practically begging for air, but their faces remained quite close together.

Seborga let out a giggle upon seeing Molossia's bright red face and he planted a kiss on the other's cheek. Molossia tried to hide how much he was wanting to grin, but he failed. Instead, the micronation pulled out of Seborga's grip and started walking away, ignoring the Italian's whine of protest.

"There," said the American. "You got your kiss, happy now?"

"Oh, Molly, I'm so proud of you! You actually initiated something!" Seborga cried happily, skipping after Molossia, who scowled at the annoying nickname.

-

New Years Eve for the countries tended to be hectic. Especially when America was the one hosting the party. Like with Finland's Christmas party, every country and micronation were invited.

9:30 pm
Molossia was sulking in a corner, as always, trying to avoid America, who was standing across the room looking for him. At the moment, the micronation was succeeding, as his brother hadn't noticed him yet. Molossia let out a sigh of relief when America finally left the room and he stepped out of the shadows, only to be ambushed by Seborga not even five seconds after he had moved.

"Ciao, bello~" Seborga greeted with a grin. Molossia waved once back.

"Don't you dare do anything stupid like kiss me right now," the American micronation warned his boyfriend.

"Why would I? Kissing on New Years is saved for midnight, silly!" said the Italian like it was obvious.

10:45 pm
Molossia and Seborga talked for a while before the auburn-haired boy spotted some of his other friends and went to talk to them. Now the ebony-haired micronation was wandering around aimlessly, avoiding all the people he didn't want to talk to. When he saw Hutt River, he didn't have to work very hard to avoid him. The Australian micronation wasn't paying the slightest attention to anyone other than Luxembourg, who he was in the middle of kissing.

The two of them been standing away from everyone else in one of the hallways off of the main party room, trying to get a private moment for once. They were succeeding, as no overprotective brothers had found them yet. The duo had been talking and stealing kisses throughout the night, catching up on the lost time they weren't able to spend with each other because of distance.

Molossia narrowed his eyes at them and backed out of the hallway, not wanting to be seen and caught by the pompous micronation when(or if) the couple broke apart for air.

11:45 pm
All of the countries and micronations were being herded outside to get ready to watch the fireworks show provided by Hong Kong and America. Seborga hadn't seen Molossia since they had spoken before, and he was currently trying to find the other micronation. He had to give him his New Years kiss after all!

After searching for more than ten minutes, Seborga finally found Molossia sitting in the grass, staring at seemingly nothing. The Italian took this opportunity to sneak up behind him and scare him. He failed. Molossia turned and saw him right before he was going to jump on him.

"Were you gonna fucking scare me?" the American asked, looking up at Seborga.

"Uh... no?" said Seborga, pouting slightly and sitting down next to Molossia.

"Idiot..." the other said with an eye roll.

They sat in silence for a few minutes. The silence was broken by America loudly yelling into a microphone from the front of the crowd that there was one minute until midnight.

A count down started.

50

Seborga looked at Molossia.

40

Molossia looked back at Seborga.

30

"You know what I'm gonna do, don't you?" the Italian asked.

20

"Yep..." the American responded.

10

"Ti amo."

5

"Love you too."

0

Both of them had been leaning in, ready to have the traditional kiss as the New Years countdown ended. Their lips met exactly as the timer hit zero, both of them smiling into it. It was a short but sweet and passionate kiss. After the two micronations separated, Molossia was blushing, as he was every time they kissed. Seborga giggled and leaned in to plant more kisses all over the American's face. Molossia wrapped an arm around the Italian and they sat back to watch the fireworks show.

-

What's this? I'm actually updating less than a month after I last updated? Woahhhhhh! Haha I hope you guys liked this ❤️