Day 2: Cuddling Somewhere

(High school AU)

Romeo Vargas was extremely bored. Neither of his brothers were home, as it was a Saturday, and they were both working. The only reason Romeo wasn't was because they had let him have the day off, for once. It wasn't turning out to be very fun though, because most of his friends were busy.

He sighed, trudged into his kitchen and fixed himself a tomato sandwich with a bit of leftover alfredo pasta from the night before. The Italian flicked randomly through TV channels while eating his food, before deciding to watch some YouTube. When he finished his delicious food he put the plate on the counter and lay back on the couch.

This was when he realized he did have a friend who would hopefully be home and bored as well. Maverick. Romeo smiled at the thought of seeing his friend and decided to pay him a visit. During his walk there many people, girls and guys that he did and didn't know, waved at him, and he waved back.

For some reason that always happened. People at school constantly surrounded him and it got rather annoying when he just wanted to be with his friends. He guessed it was because of his brothers that he got so much attention, but it might of been the fact that he was highly attractive. All Italians were.

Romeo finally got to Maverick's house and knocked on the door. He hadn't seen the cars of Alfred and Matthew in the driveway so he knew his friend's brothers weren't home. The door opened a crack to reveal a disheveled and tired looking Maverick. His brownish black hair was not spiked up at all, rather it was falling all over the place, and his bangs were almost covering his eyes.

In Romeo's opinion Maverick's eyes were amazing. His eyes were almost always covered by sunglasses, and that was why Romeo liked them. It was a rare sight to see his eyes. A mix of hazel and goldish amber like honey, they were so different than the sky blue and light violet of his brothers' eyes.

Romeo didn't realize he was staring until Maverick spoke. "What the fuck are you staring at?" His voice sounded raspy, like he had just woken up. He probably had, even though it was around noon.

"Nothing~!" Romeo said cheerfully, not wanting the other to know he had in fact been staring at him.

"Yeah, okay... what do you want?" The American asked while opening the door a bit more and running a hand through his hair, attempting to fix it, but it just fell back all over the place.

"I was just bored! Feli and Lovi gave me the day off, and I had nothing to do, so I watched some stuff and thought, do I have any friends that aren't going to be busy? And-" Romeo was talking rather fast, and he was silenced by a hand over his mouth. Maverick's eyes were narrowed.

"And you came here because? You have other friends! What about that brat Peter or," his annoyed face turns to one of disgust when he thinks of his overly posh Australian cousin, "Oscar?"

Romeo hadn't actually checked to see if anyone else could hang out with him(he had just really wanted to see the American), but Maverick didn't need to know that. "They're all busy!" He said, his voice muffled from Maverick's hand still over his mouth.

"What was that?" Maverick asked, moving his hand.

"They're all busy~!" Romeo said with a grin

"Fine," the American growled, opening the door wider. Romeo let out a cheer and tackled Maverick with a hug.

"Yay~!" The Italian grinned, laughing as Maverick stumbled and almost fell over.

The brunette glared at him. "Get off me right now!" He said angrily.

"Why would I do that?" Romeo asked, tilting his head to the side like a puppy would.

Maverick tried to push him off, and shut the door. "Because you're really damn heavy."