Day 1: Holding Hands

(High School AU)

Names(if you didn't know)

Romeo Vargas - Seborga
Maverick Jones - Molossia
Oscar Cooper - Hutt River
Wendy Cooper - Wy
Peter Kirkland - Sealand
Franz Edelstein - Kugelmugel
Isak Oxenstierna - Ladonia
Tarkan Adnan - Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
Nobuyuki Honda - Niko Niko

Romeo Vargas made his way down the crowded halls of The World Academy. The day was over and he was prepared to walk home as usual.

He pushed open the double doors to see one of his good friends, Maverick Jones, yelling at his brother, Alfred. Romeo wasn't surprised. This happened often.

Romeo started to walk toward his friend, but he stopped due to another string of swears and yelling coming from Maverick.

"YOU BASTARD! WHY OFFER TO PICK ME UP IF YOUR CAR WAS GOING TO BE FILLED WITH YOUR STUPID FRIENDS?"

Romeo saw Maverick stick up both his middle fingers at Alfred and sighed.

"Sorry bro! I didn't realize Yao wanted me to pick up Yong Soo!" Alfred jabbed a finger back at the loud Korean who was sitting in the back seat. He was in the same grade as Romeo and Maverick, but was somehow friends with Alfred, who was older than them.

"More like you decided to pick up your friend instead of your brother!" Maverick muttered. "But if what you say is true, then WHY COULDN'T LEON TAKE HIM HOME?" Leon was Yong Soo's Cantonese brother, and was a friend of them.

"Leon had some things to do, so he couldn't take me home like he usually does!" Yong Soo yelled.

Maverick scowled. "If you knew that you were gonna have to pick him up, why didn't you leave your damn friends at home or tell them to go back to their own damn houses?" Maverick said to Alfred, his voice quieter, but still sorta loud.

"Bro there is no way I'm leaving any of these guys alone at home! I don't want them to burn the house down without me!"

"FINE I'LL WALK!" Maverick huffed and stomped away from the car's window. The car drove away and Romeo was now able to bound over to his friend.

"Ciao Mav~" Romeo said cheerfully.

"What the f- oh it's just you. Hi, I guess." Maverick whipped around to face Romeo. "I'm guessing you saw all that?"

Romeo nodded and Maverick sighed loudly.

"Why can't that damn idiot not have his friends with him every second of the day? It's bad enough having him in the house, but having a bunch of other idiots who are just like him is horrible!" Maverick began ranting.

"Gilbert is an arrogant and obnoxious fool, I hate him. Matthias and Yong Soo are just as loud and maybe even more annoying. Kiku's okay but he reads the weirdest things. Natalia always looks like she's gonna kill someone. Feliks actually broke our chess set with his stupid-ass 'rules', and Toris... well he hasn't really done anything but I don't like him because he lets Feliks be annoying. But don't even get me started on that British asshole. He's at our house even more than Gilbert is, and he won't stop correcting me and telling me what to do! Just cause he's older than me..." Maverick grumbled.

"Oh stop complaining it can't be that bad!" Romeo laughed. "Why can't you just walk home like I do every day?"

"Well walking is... STUPID!" Maverick said, causing Romeo to roll his eyes.

"You're stuck walking today so why not walk with me?" Romeo suggested.

Maverick opened his mouth to speak but was stopped by the loud chatter of six younger teenagers. Peter Kirkland was running down the sidewalk, dragging Wendy Cooper, Isak Oxenstierna, Franz Edelstein, Tarkan Adnan, and Nobuyuki Honda behind him. The energetic blonde clad all in blue was practically bouncing down the pavement. Wendy looked annoyed with Peter, as always, but she gripped his hand as if her life depended on it. The ginger haired Isak was holding Wendy's other hand, and he was pulling white haired Franz behind him. Franz was holding onto Tarkan, and the tan boy really looked like he didn't want to be there at all. Tarkan pulled Nobuyuki along behind him, the Japanese boy being preoccupied with staring around at everything instead of looking where they were going.

"Hi!" Peter yelled as they passed. The other five muttered greetings as well, and they continued running down the street. A taller figure had descended the front steps and was trailing after the group. He was dressed fancily and he walked with an air of confidence.

"'Ello Romeo, Maverick," he said as he passed.

"Ciao Oscar!" Romeo grinned at the other member of their trio, while Maverick glared. Oscar was the older brother of Wendy, and in Maverick's eyes he was a bit of an egotistical prick. Oscar also happened to be Maverick's cousin. The three of them are actually close friends, though the American and Australian have an ongoing rivalry.

Oscar looked at the younger kids who were far away now. "Wen's bringing them all over today, and Kyle told me to drive them! How crazy is that? I was supposed to hang out with Eliot after school..." the Australian whined. He sighed again before he began power walking to his sister and her friends. "Bye!" He called without looking back.

Maverick muttered some curses under his breath.

"How about we start walking now, sí?" Romeo suggested, looking at his brunette friend.

"Alright," Maverick grumbled, accepting the fact that he was stuck walking with the green-eyed Italian.

Romeo began walking in the direction of his house, and Maverick slowly trudged after him.

"Maybe you could just stay at my place for a while until Alfred's friends go home?" Romeo suggested to his friend, slowing to match his pace.

"I hope those bastards don't stay too long, I'd like to be able to sleep tonight!" Maverick said, not exactly accepting or denying Romeo's offer. Romeo took the statement as a yes.

Beginning to grow impatient with Mavericks slow pace, Romeo grabbed his brunette friend's hand and began to run.

"H-hey! What the hell?" Maverick cursed as he was forced to run. The Italian's grip was so strong that Maverick couldn't pull away if he tried.

"You were walking too slow!" Romeo giggled, continuing to jog down the street.

Maverick swore under his breath again. "Italian bastard..."

After a few long minutes of almost nonstop running, Romeo slowed to a stop. Maverick took deep breaths, trying to regain a normal breathing pattern.

They walked for a few more minutes, not even realizing they were still holding hands. The first to notice was Romeo, and he decided to intertwine their fingers.

Maverick felt this and looked down at their connected hands. He could feel his face heating up, but he didn't unlink their hands.

The auburn haired teen smirked in satisfaction as the pair turned into the driveway of his house.