Here the Shadows Lie chapter 25

Start from the beginning

"Shall we get started then?" he asked as he held out his ash colored hands.

She didn't respond in any way, but she did hesitantly put her hands into his.

"Close your eyes, and clear your mind. It won't hurt, but you need to stay focused on yourself, okay?"

Her head nodded as she cleared her mind of the pain, and curiousness. Nia's head was a blank white sheet waiting to be destroyed by the man. She could feel Amos search through her mind cautiously picking out some memories, and involuntary things. Then everything stopped," Open your eyes," Amos sighed half-heartedly.

Nia gradually opened her eyes to find the bonder holding a little piece of glass in his hand. He gave it to her, so she could see her newly bonded eyes.

She gazed at the demon colored eyes, and almost shrieked. Her solid grey, fearless eyes were nowhere to be found, but it had to be done to help Kairos. Nia got up, and headed for the door when Amos whispered," You had such pretty eyes."

The guard motioned a whip towards Nia, asking her wordlessly if she wanted the prisoner whipped for the gesture. Out of anger she nodded, and left the room hearing the moans, and wails of Amos Re as the whip slashed his dirty, charcoal skin.

Her eyes still gawked at the room still shrugging off the paranoia, and guilt that ran through her system. The black heels then walked a little faster, passing the room with many regrets on Nia's shoulders. Her regrets were now endless, and unjustifiable which made Nia weaker mentally than she needed to be. Her family's death was an excuse to coarsen her emotions, and become a stronger individual; though none of it mattered at that point in time. All she was fighting for was a vengeful lust as some people referred to as revenge.

The moment her heels halted their clicking was when her eyes met the eyes of dominant guards securing Kairos's "lair". Nia took a deep breath as the guards stared down at her nodding at her profile. They both opened the doors, and literally pushed her into the room without a single warning. Involuntary quivers shook Nia's small, but built body as her eyes examined the large room around her.

She had seen Zeke and Sage bowing at Kairos's feet as he discreetly whispered something harsh to them. Nia took another small step into the room hearing the echoing noise of her heels. Kairos looked directly at her now with the fiercest face that she had ever seen in her life. Involuntarily she walked over to where he was glaring though protesting the whole way. Her feet finally stopped moving when Kairos was only about three feet away from her, and Zeke and Sage closely behind her.

"I told you. If you failed...I would personally kill you," he said rather calmly.

Nia cringed," I understand that sir."

"Well...Nia dear you are just as empty handed as those fools are. Honestly, if I had backups for you all you would be dead in a heartbeat. But in your favor I don't. So...I guess I'll just have to punish every single one of you."

Then Nia's vision went blank with a white screening. Her breath was concealed in her raspy throat, she saw her father. He seemed the same as she had seen him a lifetime ago. His profile made him older than he was. Her father had normal black hair and black eyes like all of the other Shadows who didn't have an abnormality. He was the typical, loving but strict father, and Nia loved him for that.

Nia's hand reached out to him," Father?" she asked skeptically taking another step closer

to where he stood.

He smiled, and mouthed Nia's name as a little boy came from behind him. The little boy giggled, and pointed towards Nia. The boy's eyes shined a light purple that reminded Nia of Alexa's eyes.

Nia started to run for her family, her arms spread openly to embrace her lost brother and father. Then their bodies were consumed in fire before she reached them. Her mansion was right behind them filled with black smoke, and orange flame. Her father and brother didn't move though, but the flame over took their bodies burning their flesh right off them. Her brother was still giggling calling Nia's name even though his skull was now visible. She screamed for them both, but they didn't move or try to help themselves. They just burned until they were both piles of ash.

Nia cried their names out into another blankness weeping loudly. It was enough at fifteen to witness death, but to witness their death after a lifetime was too much. She held herself, and sobbed so loudly that anyone who heard it would be traumatized from her emotional pain. Then her mind appeared back into Kairos's lair.

She found herself kneeling on the ground with her face drowned in tears. Zeke and Sage gazed at her sympathetically, because they must have heard every word she had shouted. Yet, Kairos had no expression on his face at all. Nia weakly stood up, and faced Kairos with some sort of pride.

"I didn't kill the human child, and I still have a plan, but if you ever make me experience my father and brother's death I will personally kill Alexa. Then you can kill me, because I would rather be with them than witnessed that again," Nia spat angrily.

Kairos's stared at her with a slight smile on his face," Where is the human child? I am eager to meet her."

Nia glared at him viciously," I'll bring her to you when she wakes up."

She didn't even bother to hear his answer, so she turned around and almost ran through the large doors knowing no one would bother to follow her. Again, she didn't transport to her room she took the long walk examining the halls of the inactive volcano. The Shadows eyes around her sunk into her, as if they followed her every move. Nia just kept her head down, and still trudged to her newly occupied room.

Her feet stopped at a far enough distance to see that Zeke was leaning against her door waiting for her.

Great, just what I need a lecture from a soulless idiot.

She reluctantly stepped to her door, and stood there not acknowledging the chest blocking her way.

"You know I'm not in the mood. Get out of the way," Nia mumbled trying to get past him.

Zeke chuckled," Well then! I was trying to be all gentlemen and ask if you were alright, but I guess not huh."

Nia pushed him aside," It's not necessary. I'm perfectly fine, now will you please just go?"

Zeke's hand covered the doorknob," Nia stop kidding yourself, you are a complete mess."

She rolled her eyes feeling a bit choked up," Oh thanks. Zeke just get out of the way, and stop bothering me!" she said as she ripped his hand from the doorknob making him lose balance.

Nia walked into her room, and tried to close the door but Zeke held it open.

"See! You didn't protest when I said you were a complete and utter mess. Believe me if I'm not fine after what I saw, then you are definitely not."

Nia stared at Zeke for the longest time before she slammed the door in his face.

Kairos had punished all of them? Not just me...but what did Zeke see?

Nia honestly was curious of what Zeke had seen, but she had other things to worry about like the child who was going to be her next plan. She locked the door, and sighed drastically hoping that the child had not waken yet.

Though Nia's hopes were shot down when she saw an empty bed. Then a wracked sob came from the other side of the room. Nia followed the cries to find a little girl with golden blonde hair crying under her desk.

"Who...are you...? Where's Lexi?" she cried into her tiny arms.

Nia kneeled down to the little girl," I don't know honey, but she'll find you. But for now you're going to have stay with me, okay?"

The little girl stopped crying," Okay...but what's your name?"

Nia smiled, and said in a soft voice," Nia. What's yours?"

The girl rubbed her blue eyes, and crawled out from under the table," My name is Valerie Marter."

Hey everyone! I hope you liked this chapter. Yeah it doesn't have Alexa or Damian, but they will for sure be in the next chapter I swear. But please comment, and vote!