Chapter 19

Aubrey was sitting in the booth inside the studio with tears flowing down her eyes and writing music in a notebook.

Hakeem walked in and looked in the booth. He then walked inside he booth. Aubrey looked up and wiped her tears away. I think we could finish the song soon and have another one soon. Aubrey said. You want to work with me again? Hakeem asked shocked. Yeah...you're a good rapper! Aubrey said looking down. Thanks. Hakeem said looking down. No problem! Aubrey said hopping down from the studio.

Lucious and Cookie walked in the studio with the other crew and they got right to work with the music. Aubrey and Hakeem sung their parts straight through without any stops. Jamal walked in and looked at Aubrey.

Jamal smiled at Aubrey and she smiled back.

After they were finished,everyone in the studio clapped and cheered. That was a good run through you guys. Good job. Take 10. Lucious said. Aubrey took the headphones off her ear and walked out the Booth slowly.

She walked out the door as Jamal started already and they held hands. They walked all over Empire.

So do you want to spend night at our house tonight? Jamal asked. Where would I sleep? Aubrey asked chuckling. In my room. I wouldn't have you sleep on the couch or anything. Jamal said smiling. Okay. But I have to get clothes. Aubrey said. I can drive you to your house and then we can drive back to my place. Jamal said. Okay. Sounds like a plan. Aubrey said turning around to
Go back to the studio. Yeah. Jamal said smiling.

Everyone got back in the studio and Lucious played the whole song to everyone. Hakeem was bopping his head the whole time. Aubrey and Jamal were holding hands and smiling. Jordan was somewhere in Empire angry at the conversation she had had with her mother and father.