Chapter 5

The car pulled up into a big driveway. The driver then let Cookie and Aubrey out. Cookie walked into the house and Aubrey followed with her phone in her hand.

Lucious! Lucious?! LUCIOUS!? Cookie yelled. He was in the kitchen with his fiancée,Anika Calhoun. Anika and Cookie did not like each other.

Awww,would you look at that! Boo boo kitty in here! Cookie said looking at Aubrey. Aubrey smiled nervously. I'm Lucious. Head of Empire Record Label! You must be Aubrey V! Cookie's newest artists. Lucious said. Yeah. Aubrey said. Well have a seat Aubrey V! Lucious said pulling out a chair for her.

Jamal and Jordan walked in. Jamal was wearing a suit and Jordan was wearing a floral type dress. Aubrey was sitting when they walked in. Hey mom. Jamal said hugging Cookie. Hi my babies. Cookie said hugging Jamal and Jordan.

Who's this? Jordan asked looking at Aubrey up and down. This is my new artist,Aubrey V. She's a upcoming artist also. Cookie said. No wonder I've never heard of her before. Jordan mumbled going to a seat. Aubrey looked down. Jamal sat next to Aubrey.

Hey. Jamal said. Hi. Aubrey said looking down. Cookie sat down in a chair across Lucious. Anika walked up to Cookie.
Excuse me,this is my chair! Anika said. Cookie looked up at her. Boo boo kitty,sit next to your fiancée. Cookie said pulling her chair in. Anika looked at Cookie and then at Lucious. Anika went and took the seat next to Lucious.

Well it's nice to have a family client dinner! Lucious said taking his fork and scooping up his food. Aubrey looked down nervously and ate one spoon of her food. So Cookie,nice performance at my event. Lucious said. Oh why thank you Lucious. And it's not your event...its empire's event so let's get that straight and I am a Lyon so if I attend,then I do because I'm family. Cookie said. Anika looked at Cookie and Lucious. Why are we here? Hakeem asked with a attitude. I wanted my family to be here so I can tell you guys when the wedding is or when it could possibly be. And also,I wanted to meet Dynasty's newest artist. You have a great voice by the way. Lucious said. Thank you. Aubrey said. Jamal looked at Aubrey as she pushed her hair behind her ear.

I wanted to invite you guys to our wedding! Lucious said. Um,Lucious,I don't think it's a good idea for Cookie to be at the wedding! She might start some drama with someone. Specifically the bride. Anika said. Look here boo boo kitty! I don't care if you don't want me at your stupid wedding okay. But my children are gonna be there and my client most likely. So I'm going wherever my children go. Me and Lucious have been through up and down together. If he doesn't want me to come to the wedding,he may say so or forever hold his peace but if you don't want me to go Lucious...just know...I don't care! Okay. We got that down packed. Great! Next! Cookie said smiling at Anika.