Chapter 15

So you're dating now? Jordan asked. Who told you that? Jamal asked. Basically! I'm not stupid! Jordan said. Why are you angry? Jamal asked standing up. Because she's changing you! Jordan said. What? I just started dating her. How is she changing me Jordan? Jamal asked throwing the food in the garbage. Since when do you eat in the studio? Jordan asked sarcastically. Jamal looked at Jordan like she was stupid. Since when do you not tell me you're in a relationship? Jordan said angrily. You're being petty! And a bad sister. Jamal said. Well then I guess I'm those things. Jordan said angrily. Jamal walked out the studio angrily and slammed the door.

Aubrey was on her phone reading a text message her mother had sent her. It was about Jamal and his sexuality and the fact that he was experimenting with Aubrey.

Aubrey heard the slam and she saw Jamal walk out of empire angrily. She chased after him outside.

Jamal! Jamal! JAMAL! Aubrey yelled. Jamal turned around. What happened? Aubrey asked walking towards him. Nothing. It's complicated and I don't want you to think poorly of me. Jamal said. What the fact that before me and you dated that you were gay? Aubrey said scared. Who told you that? Jamal asked. It's all over the tabloids. People think that you're experimenting with me because you're havin trouble figuring out who you are! Aubrey said. Look...if that's what they are saying,don't listen. I actually do like you. When I was gay,or when I thought I was gay,I never really found anyone that fit me well. I had a boyfriend but that didn't work out. And I've been single since. Until now. Jamal said. Well that's all you had to tell me. I wouldn't have judged you. You were you back then and now you're you now. Aubrey said. Thank you. Jamal said. Aubrey smiled at him. They both hugged.

Paparazzi caught them both hugging from a distance.