Engaged

The past couple of weeks have been nothing but preparations for my engagement, my parents had been encouraging me to spend more time with Preeti before the engagement and wedding. I'm gonna be living with her and stuff like that, why did I need to spend more time with her? Anyway, the engagement is taking place today! Preeti and I picked the venue and a lot of our family, meaning hers and mine are going to be here today. The fact that all of this is really happening is very scary, I'm young and I don't know much but I do know that Preeti is a good person. I don't know if I'll fall in love with her, but maybe this will be like... Marrying your best friend? I don't know how these things work! Preeti is getting ready right now, and me? I'm hyperventilating! I'm scared to start my life so young. As I was about to just pass out, someone knocked on my door.
"Raj? Can I come in?" I heard the now very familiar voice say.
"Come in" I said cracking my knuckles. My door opened and closed. Preeti came in and smiled. I smiled back and she sat on the bed while I tried finding the bracelet my mom told me to give her.
"Looking for something?" She said holding up the bracelet.
"It's for you" I said smiling.
"Help?" She said standing up.
"Sure" I laughed and put the bracelet on her wrist.
"Thanks," she started. "Raj, I just want you to know... That even though I may not be able to love you like a married couple... I'm always gonna love you for doing this for me" she said smiling sadly at me.
"That's what friends are for" I said and pulled her into a hug. She was more like a friend that you couldn't get enough of. I don't know what love is, maybe I'll find it one day. I know for a fact that it won't be Preeti, she's my friend and I could never fall in love with her.
"Shall we?" I said pulling away from her and she nodded her head. We walked downstairs and outside to where all our family was waiting. Everyone stopped talking and put their attention on us.
"So much for not being awkward" I whispered to Preeti making her laugh. We walked to the decorated tent and plopped down in the special seats for us. Time was flying and we were officially engaged, now it was time to figure out when we would officially get married. After minutes of talking we are getting married in two days... Two days! I don't know about Preeti, but I'm scared. In only a matter of two days... I'll be married...
****
Yes! I know the chapter is short, but Raj's family will be up soon!! Hope you guys liked that chapter😊❤️ more updates soon!!💖