The Engagement...

I woke up and felt ecstatic! Today was my engagement! I jumped out of bed and downstairs, I turned the corner and bumped right into someone. I looked up and a sleepy Raj was standing in front of me.
"Good morning sunshine" he said wrapping his arms around me.
"Good morning" I said hugging him back with an excited tone.
"You know what time it is?" He said pulling away from me.
"No?" I said confused.
"It's already 12:25, aren't you supposed to be getting ready?" He said smirking. Shit! I slept in! I raced around him and looked outside in my backyard, my aunts and uncles were doing last minute preparations for the engagement. I ran upstairs and into my cousins bedroom, in there was everyone who's decorating me. They started at 12:30 and it felt like I was sitting in that room forever! About 4 hours later I was all ready, my mom had given me a small box and inside was Raj's engagement ring. I smiled at the thought of living with him forever, of course that didn't go Un-noticed by his sisters. The engagement was supposed to take place at 5:30 so everyone was rushing to get things ready. I had simple but beautiful henna designs on my hands making me smile. I know Raj was with my dad because both of them were MIA. As everyone finished setting up everything for the engagement I was still eagerly waiting on my room for Raj and my father. I was playing candy crush on my phone when Gina came into the room and smiled at me.
"Hey" she said sitting down in front of me.
"Hey" I said in a peppy voice.
"Excited?" She laughed out.
"Very" I said smiling
"Meera?" Gina said changing her tone and I looked at her serious expression.
"Haan?" I said playing with my hair.
"Have you told him?" She said. My chest tightened up and I sat up straight.
"No" I said looking down at my saree.
"Meera, you have to tell him." She said in a pleading tone.
"But what if he leaves me? What if he thinks differently of me?" I started rambling on about the what ifs and Gina rolled her eyes.
"Meera." She said placing her hand on my knee making me shut up.
"If he doesn't truly love you then he'll walk out of your life forever, but I've seen the way he looks at you... He's never gonna let you go. He loves you Meera, he would never leave you." Gina said and her words reassured me. She was right, Raj does love me and he wouldn't leave me now.
"I'll tell him today." I sighed out and Gina put on a smile.
"Good" she said standing up and smiling. We started talking and talking until she got a text. She smiled brightly and told me that Raj was back. I smiled as excitement filled my body.
"Shall we?" She said placing her hand in from of me.
"We shall" I said and stood up with the support from her hand. We walked to the door and I smiled once more before we walked out. Down the stairs and into the backyard. The crowd of family parted when I arrived, I saw Raj at the other end staring at me. I walked to him and he was smiling at me.
"Stunning" he said gazing at me
"Handsome" I said giving him a wink and he blushed. I motioned our parents over to us. We stood under the gazebo and my parents stayed behind me while Raj's parents stayed behind him. He pulled out a small velvet ring box and it had the beautiful engagement ring it. He smiled brightly at me while slipping the ring on my finger. I admired it for a second before grabbing his ring box and opening it. It was nothing to fancy just a band. I took the ring out of the box and had it ready in my hand. I took his hand into mine and smiled, as I was about to slide the ring on his finger I heard a voice call out. The crowd of family moved aside and a buff figure stood at the end. I couldn't see who it was but they started walking closer. Finally they stopped a few feet away from the gazebo.
"Don't you dare put that ring on his finger Meera."