Aftermath

I couldn't leave her alone. She was like a drug. After what happened just now there was no way I was going to leave. She looked so peaceful while sleeping. I walked around her house and looked at all her nicknacks. I plopped my self on the sofa and laid down. I still had a view of her so I knew she was safe. I slowly closed my eyes and drifted into sleep. I felt someone shaking me, and I slowly opened my eyes. I blinked a couple times before seeing Meera sitting in front of me. She smiled and I sat up, I rubbed my eyes and stretched.
"Good Morning." She said taking a seat next to me.
"Yeah, morning." I said getting up. She stood up and placed her hand on my shoulder.
"Thank you Raj, thank you for saving me." She said with sad eyes and a weak smile.
"Don't mention it, I've got to go." I said walking to the door. She followed after me. I opened the door and looked back at her once more and smiled. Then she closed the door. I walked into my apartment and saw my friend John sitting on the sofa. He jumped up when I closed the door.
"Raj! Buddy where you been." He said walking towards me.
"Around." I said laughing at how happy he seemed.
"Shit, what happened to you?" He said pointing to my face.
"I got beat senseless." I said walking past him to the cabinet.
"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to come to the bar tonight with me and the boys." He said shrugging his shoulders. That was the last thing I needed right now, getting drunk at a bar.
"Nah, I'm good dude." I said closing the cabinet and walked over to the sink. As I reached the sink there was a knock at my door. I walked to the door and John followed behind me. I opened the door and Meera stood there.
"You left this at my house." She said handing me my hoodie.
"Thanks" I said and smiled taking the hoodie.
"See you" she said and walked back into her apartment. I closed my door and turned around to see John smirking at me.
"So... Who's she?" He said
"No one." I replied.
"Yeah sure." He said and rolled his eyes
"Get out." I said opening the door and motioned him to leave. He walked out of my apartment and turned around.
"Keep me updated." He said and winked. He walked down the hall and turned. I could strangle him sometimes. I closed my door once again, and walked to the kitchen. I made myself a sandwich and ate it slowly and carefully, the pain in my jaw was unbelievable. I took a few deadly punches last night and can't figure out why I'm in so much pain. Well, I've never actually fought anyone before... I guess that's why. I finished my food and went to get my mail, I walked downstairs to where they were and opened my mailbox. I took my mail out and flipped through the junk. Then I found a letter, a letter from my mom. As I went to open it, Meera popped up beside me and opened her mailbox. She smiled at me but I didn't smile back. I simply closed my locker and walked back up to my apartment. I was still pissed that she had the nerve to slap me. When I reached my apartment I walked in and sat on my couch. I opened the letter and started reading.

Betee,
Your father and I have been planning your 29th birthday, please come home and help us. We haven't seen you in years, you have not responded to texts, calls, letters, faxes... Nothing. It's my dieing wish to see you happy... But I haven't seen you in so long, im afraid that wish will surely die along with me. I am old, your father and I have missed you so much. We planned this party for a while now and want you to come home at least for your own party. I miss you and love you.

                             Lots of love,
                                       Mom & Dad

I placed the letter on the table and sighed. I did miss my parents and haven't seen them in years. Yet... I didn't want to go home alone. I had always felt so unwanted there, and like I didn't fit in. After all these years, maybe I should just go. I was snapped out of my thoughts when there was a knock at my door. I got up and went to the door. When I opened it I didn't expect to see Meera standing there.
"What." I said leaning against the door frame.
"Why are you acting like this?" She said crossing her arms.
"Like what?" I said standing up straight.
"Like a child. You couldn't even say 'your welcome' when you saved me! You only said 'yeah' I mean really?" She said crossing her arms.
"You hate me, why should I say your welcome." I said leaning back against the door.
"Yeah I do hate you, but you saved my life. At least let me repay you." She said letting her shoulders drop.
"How would you do that?" I said crossing my arms like her.
"Lunch? My treat?" She said shrugging her shoulders.
"M'Kay" I said and stood up straight.
"Tomorrow at noon. I don't have work." She said raising her eyebrow. I nodded and she smiled. She walked back to her apartment and closed the door. I stepped out of my door way and into my apartment. I closed the door and sighed. I don't think we saw the storm that was ahead of us.