Sameer

I stood up and dropped the ring. My breath quickened and I felt my knees getting weak as I walked closer.
"Sameer?" I said placing my hand on his cheek feeling tears falling from my eyes.
"Meera" he said smiling down at me. I took this opportunity to slap him. His face was now turned away from me and I felt my sadness mix with anger as he looked down at me upset.
"Meera?" I heard Raj say behind me and I turned around to see him looking worried.
"Who the hell are you?" Sameer snarled at Raj. Raj had anger starting to build is his face and I walked over gently placing my hand on his making him relax.
"Don't touch him." Sameer growled.
"You have no right to tell me what I can and can't do." I said fighting back the urge to run into his arms.
"I can read you like a book Meera!" Sameer shouted coming closer to Raj and I.
"Who are you to her?" Raj said in an angry tone. Shit! I should've told him!
"Oh, I see. You didn't tell him about me?" Sameer said smirking.
"No... I... I..." I stuttered out.
"Leave Sameer." My dad said roughly.
"I'm not leaving without her." Sameer said placing his hand on my shoulder. Raj slapped his hand away in a nanosecond. Then, just like that... It was a full blown fist fight between the two.
"Raj!" I yelled as he got punched down again and again and again.
"Stop it Sameer! Stop it! We'll talk! Just please stop!" I yelled as my sobs grew louder. Just as I said that Sameer stopped throwing punches and stood up grabbing my arm. He pulled me through the house and up into my bedroom. Slamming and locking the door behind him.
"Wanna explain what kind of sick shit this is?" He said fuming.
"My engagement" I said looking out the window.
"Look at me Meera." He shouted and I turned around. I couldn't stop myself and I was wrapped in his arms sobbing. He was my first love who left me standing at the alter. I killed those feeling I had for him and told myself to stay away. Yet here I am crying in his arms as he holds me tightly.
"Shhh, it's okay" he said patting my back. I backed away and wiped away my tears.
"No it's not okay!" I yelled throwing my fist into his chest.
"You can't just show up here at my engagement and expect me to just take you back! You left me standing at the alter! You broke my heart!" I yelled as I paced back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.
"I love you Meera!" Sameer shouted as he grabbed my arms and pushed my into the wall. His breath fanned my face as a tear escaped from his eyes.
"When will you understand?" He cried.
"And when will you understand? I don't want you!" I shouted into the cold air pushing him away from me. But I did want him, I did miss him, I do love him!
"I had reasons on why I left you standing at the alter that very ugly day!" He said throwing his hands up in defeat.
"Oh right I forgot about Ishita! You bastard!" I yelled.
"I'm sorry okay!  It was two years ago! Be mine again!" He shouted. I felt my tears falling more rapidly and as I was about to yell at him the door flung open. Gina stood there with panic written all over her face.
"Gina... What happened?" I said swallowing hard on my last words.
"Raj!" She said and I felt my heart breaking.
"What about him?" I said feeling my legs go weak.
"He's gone!" She said. My world came to a stop and I took in what was happening. I ran past Sameer and past Gina downstairs.
"Betee!" My mom called out.
"Where is he? Where is he?" I yelled as I felt my body going numb.
"We don't know" my mom sighed out.
"He got up and left." My dad said pacing. I didn't look back once, I ran through my house and out to the car. His was gone so I took my parents car. I drove to our apartment building with tears burning my face. As I parked the car I felt worried and scared, I jumped out of the car and ran inside the building. I ran up to his apartment and stopped at the door, my heart raced as I knocked harshly. I heard feet shuffling and the sound of jingling... My heart beat quickened as the door slowly started to open. I held my breath as I looked up expecting to see Raj, but instead i saw...