32

Liam

School is strange.

Since the news broke, it's like a ghost town, except there's people swarming the halls.

It's hard to even explain.

Not many people have talked.

No one has mentioned it, even Louis.

I've banged and kicked at Niall's front door, all the windows, the back door...they won't answer.

He won't answer.

I haven't seen him since Sunday and I have my game in an hour.

I need him.

I don't know how we're going to win tonight or tomorrow night with this shit.

Louis still won't talk to me either...and it's really bothering me. 

Everything seems to be falling apart and I can't do anything about it. 

I still remember the day we had Niall over.

The day everything became a mess. 

"Yeah you should come sit with us at lunch!". We all nodded and stopped when the door opened.

Mum had a red, wet face, all puffy and sad, but also angry.

"Mum what's wrong?" I frowned and dropped my power ranger.

She looked to Niall with the coldest eyes I've ever seen.

"Niall needs to go".

"Oh". He stood up and handed the power ranger to me as I was frowning, both I and Louis just as confused as he was. "Is my mum here?"

"No." he flinched at her cold, snappy tone.

"H-how am I getting home?"

"It's time for you to go".

"B-but-"

"I don't care. You need to leave". Niall nodded, looking down and walking down the hall.

"Hurry up and get out!" 

Mum came back in my room, letting out another sob. 

"Mum?" I drop my power ranger and get up, Louis sitting there awkwardly. "Mum what happened?" 

"She's gone!" She dropped to the ground with her face in her hands. "He killed her! He killed them!" 

"D-did you find my mum?" Louis looked up with fear in his eyes and they began to water. 

"O-oh darling no! Your mother is fine!" She pulled us to her and held us tightly, sobbing against us. 

"Mum....who is gone?" She looked to me, grabbing my hands. 

"It's Ruth...S-she.....He....There was a....s-shooting....he killed her!" 

I just stared at her for a bit...I didn't exactly understand what she was trying to say...what did this have to do with Niall? Why did Niall have to go? He had to walk all alone. He's probably so scared. How will he know what way to go? Which way to turn? What street he's in? Not to get in a car with a stranger? What if he doesn't make it home? What if he gets lost?

"Baby listen to me...I don't want you talking to that boy anymore...Please Li don't even look at him...Just...." But why?

"Where is Zayn?" I looked to Louis who had his bottom lip trembling. "Is Zayn at home?" He shook. "Did mum just forget to come and get me?"