27

School has been strange.

I mean, having Harry as a friend has been great. I feel lucky. He's so nice and caring and just lovely.

I wish we could've been friends earlier.

Lunches were just odd.

Harry and I would sit at one table...People kind of stopped giving us odd looks now, but they did.

I'm still being bullied. Nothing of that sort has changed.

Liam sat at a table alone, when people went to sit with him, he would give them a death glare and they would leave, afraid and rightly so.

Louis also sat alone.

No one sat with him, or even tried to.

I have noticed the looks of disgust Harry has been receiving and I guess no one likes them anymore because they're gay.

I truly don't understand why it matters what gender you're attracted to?

Louis' tried talking to Harry, but I just lead Harry away.

I know we aren't best friends or anything but we made a pact that if Liam tries to talk to me, Harry will lead me away, and visa versa.

We both know we won't be able to deny them talking to us so we have to be strong for each other.

Liam has tried to apologise about everything, but Harry has led me away. I'm grateful because I know I'll give in without him.

He's yelled out his apology a couple of times, turning and punching the lockers when I don't respond or turn back.

Harry has been so supportive and such a big help, I just hope I'm doing the same for him.

"I got you a Coke" Harry sat by me and I nodded, smiling.

"Thank you". He lightly pat my back and took a sip of his coke.

"If you want to leave, at anytime, let me know yeah?" I looked down to see Liam running across the court and nodded.

" 'Kay. Same goes to you". I nodded at Louis who was a few seats in front, staring. When Harry looked over, Louis looked away quickly and Harry's expression changed to sadness. "We both gotta stay strong right?" I nudged him lightly with my shoulder and he nodded.

"Today is the time to be worried about how you're doing, not me Niall". I shrugged.

"It's what friends do, isn't it? Look out for each other".

"I guess so". Harry chuckled lightly.

The whistle blew and the game began, Liam getting hold really quickly and passing it off towards their shooting end. I hated to be here. The urge and want to make up with him and kiss his stupid asshole face is too strong. I don't exactly understand what Harry is going through though. He's in love with Louis. I'm not in love, not yet anyway. It must be so hard for him.

Blur took over my vision as my glasses were taken off my face and I looked to see Harry's blurry face with my glasses on as he chuckled.

"I truly don't know how these things help, they give me a headache!" I pulled them off him and shoved them back on, glaring at him.

"Well sorry if I can't see!" He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me in a small hug. I could feel hundreds of eyes looking at us but I didn't care. I have a friend and he isn't ashamed in any way of showing people that.

It's been way too long since I felt wanted like this.

I don't like Harry like that. I mean, yes he's hot and he's nice but he's just my friend. My eyes are on Liam, who I don't think I should try get back with. I want to so so bad. I've told Harry and he's been supportive. He said he feels the same with Louis. I guess I'm just glad I'm not going through this alone.

The half time siren went and Liam pulled his top up, wiping his sweaty face with it and exposing his unbelievably toned chest. I'm basically drooling at the sight and want to run my tongue over the abs that are glistening. Run my fingers down his v-line and along the band of his shorts and briefs...

"Niall?" I felt heat raise on my cheeks as I looked to Harry smirking. He began chuckling and I glared.

"Shut up". He let out a loud cackle and everyone looked back at us, Harry covering his mouth with his hand. "People are staring stop!" He calmed down.

"Sorry". I rolled my eyes and the siren went, indicating the start of the last half. We are three points down at the moment and I'm slightly shaking, biting my nails trying to calm myself.

I hate school sports so I don't know why I care this much. I don't want to care. I guess it's for my own selfish reasons. I don't want to see Liam sad. I already did enough, even though Monday he didn't quite make out he was hurt, he just blamed me. But when I broke up with him, I could just tell. He was heartbroken. And I hate it. Maybe I should just take him back? I seem to want him and I'm not sure if he does want me but I would hope he did because I'm breaking inside. I need him.

"We're going". Harry grabbed my wrist and stood, dragging me behind him.

"What? Why?"

"I can see what you're thinking". I looked to Liam who stood still in the chaos of screams and yells that were aimed at him for not moving. He just stared. Our eyes didn't leave each other until I was out the gym and Harry grabbed me by the shoulders. "We can't give in. We have to stick together, remember?" He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Niall I know how you're feeling...but what they did to us...We can't go running back. They need to see and figure out they need to do something for us. Y'know what I mean" I nodded. "Niall I think you're really cool and nice and you've been through so much fucking shit you don't deserve to go through more. Liam should have known better and I'm really pissed that he didn't. He did the wrong thing and isn't owning up to it. Don't let it get to you, okay?"

I do wonder how I got so lucky to be able to call Harry my friend.

"Okay". I breathed out and he smiled. "But same goes to you". I smirked and he chuckled, patting my back.

"Of course". He pulled me in for a hug and I sighed in content. Having a friend is so amazing. Someone to count on, someone that has your back, someone who looks out for you...I wish I had it this whole time.

I'm jealous of the people that have this. I've been so lonely for so many years I just wish I had someone.

But it's okay now. Because I have Harry.

"Haz?" We looked to our right, panic covering Harry's Face.

"Niall?" We looked to the left.

Fuck.

----------

Hiiii
I'm tired but wanted to update so love me!

Vote and comment!