Chapter seventy-five

Jungkook pov~

The emptiness was as blinding as the guilt and helplessness trapped in this space, and I closed my eyes, expecting silence from Sero and my brother whom had named her, but the noise grew, yells and shouting overpowering my senses. I raised my head to look around, and realized I was in fact seated on a small patch of grass directly across from the recess area of a high school.

Of fucking course. Yoongi was before Taehyung.

I didn't want to move, weak hands gripping onto my knees as my head lowered back down, the annoying buzz of the bell piercing through my eardrums, more yells adding to the wall of sound. I could smell the freshness of the grass, something obliviously alive, nose cringing at the scent of sweat and even blood.

I forced my head back up through the denial, instincts going off, confirming it was Yoongi's blood that was wafting through the air. I squinted until I could see, and there he was, human and weak against the guy he was fighting, coughing as blood squirted from his nose, already making a move to rise from the concrete floor. They were alone, their classmates obeying and leaving to go back to their classes, the rest of the yard now deserted. Hypnotised by the scene in front of me, I rose from the tender grass, a figure in the background observing everything.

This is exactly what Hoseok must have watched. He had fallen in love from afar, and waited until the air was thick and rich with blood before he both set the boy free and damned him to the worst fate.

Yoongi was angry, throwing words up at the other boy that landed a firm kick in his side, and I winced for him, recalling the unimaginable pain I'd felt from my own injuries in my last moments of mortal life. All this pain and suffering and soon, death, all over a girl in high school he had a crush on? He stopped struggling for a moment, holding his arms up defensively in hopes that his rival would show mercy, but like all immature boys caught up in their emotions, he only struck harder and the cracking of his ribs reached my own ears.

Yoongi cried just from the pain, and the other boy finally realized the severity of what he was doing. With a final verbal warning he left my brother in peace, quickly stepping away from his body while he continued to bleed, his body shattered and almost forgotten altogether.

I saw my chance, and I approached him with all the time in the world, watching his pitiful human form quiver and shake, his sobs barely reaching my ears past the rich flow of blood flowing to my nose. He didn't notice me, even when I towered over his frame on the ground, and I bent down, reaching a single hand out to touch his back, to which he shrieked and startled before he remembered just how little he could move, sinking back to the hard concrete with a groan.

I couldn't bring myself to even whisper an apology, or an introduction, going straight for his neck, the best place for quicker turnings due to the business of the veins. I wasn't cruel enough to change him through a mark on his hand, where the small veins would only prolong his suffering. I bared my fangs, diving them into his skin before I could have a second thought, taking merely one breath of his blood before I forced the venom inside his system while he groaned underneath me.

"Yoongi," I started, watching his fists clench up through shaking hands, the sheen of terror glued to his expression. I knew he wanted to ask how I knew his name, but I didn't want to talk anymore, I didn't want to have to explain myself to him, or what he was now going to become. He choked on his own blood, rolling onto his side to clear his airway out, and I could only pity him while I saw him like this, completely defenceless and in a whole new world of pain.

I couldn't say too much, I couldn't tell him that he would be okay because this is what Hoseok wanted for him, and I snapped my jaw shut, tensing painfully hard for good measure.