Chapter twelve

Jungkook pov~

I feel so guilty for yelling at Inori before. I gripped my hair in frustration. What's wrong with me?

I gasped and grabbed my stomach. My vision went white with pain for a split second. As quickly as it had come, it was gone. I stayed, sitting in shock at the vision I'd just received.

Her friend, Daria..

The guardians have her. I know what they're going to do with her. And it's not pretty.

Flasback~

Namjoon pov~

I sobbed, twirling my fingers around in one loose strand of her hair gently, curling it. I saw my own tears splash onto her porcelian face, with a single smudge of her blood stretching from her chin down her neck. I looked down at my own fingers, seeing them stained dark red with the blood that spilled into her hair. I cupped her face, kissing her pale cold lips.

I will avenge you.

I pulled back, examining her dress. She was lying ever so sweetly on the street, snow dancing around her broken figure. Her pale limbs positioned as if she was simply sleeping, her dress neat and without a single un-ironied fold, the silver flower bracelet I gave her the week before still entwined on her right wrist. Her white dress was clean and untouched, the only thing disturbing her beauty was the cut mark stretching down her neck, and the blood slowly seeping from the back of her head. If anything, the single blood stain added to the purity of her beauty. Her hair stayed perfectly still and combed around her sweetly shaped face. I couldn't draw my eyes away from her own eyes, shut effortlessly. A small smile caressed my face. She was so beautiful, even in death.

So she wasn't lying, huh..

I brought myself to stand, still looking down at her small perfect figure. I pulled out a small box from deep within my pocket. Opening it, I took the ring from inside and placed it on her finger as gently as I could; I didn't want to move a single thing about her. I tossed the box far from my sight, letting more tears silently fall down. Tonight was the night I'd been bracing for; it had taken two years, but I was ready to ask her to marry me. A sharp knife of guilt and helplessness stuck into my gut. Now I would never know what she would say, what look would spring onto her perfect face when I asked her. I forced myself to look up, to the very building she stood on just before. A small sob escapes my lips. I saw her fall. I heard her screaming.

I walked away briskly, unable to stand being there any longer. Snow slid over my clothes, the coolness burning into my skin, yet I ignored it. I walked into the large building, rushing up the stairs until I reached the roof, a single thought in my mind. I would make them realise what they've taken away from me.

I burst through the door onto the roof, feeling entirely empty inside. It was now deserted. I grit my teeth in anger. I walked over to the edge, the very same edge they'd fought on, the same edge they'd slashed her neck on, the same edge they pushed her over off. The small knife lay on the ground, blood staining it and the snow surrounding it. Picking it up, I examined it closely, looking for some kind of initial on it.

"You're looking for them aren't you."

I did not turn around at the strange voice behind me. I don't care who it was. They sighed, and I could hear their footsteps growing ever closer. 

"They ran, like mice. You won't be able to fight them and win. They're stronger than you, it would be four against one."

I turned to face them, my face like stone. "I don't care."

They did not move, not a single expression on their face. Gazing at me, they began to speak again. "I can help you."

I scoffed. "Why would you want to do that?"

"I've seen enough death take place to know when someone wants nothing more than revenge."

I stayed silent, looking straight at this man.

"Who are you?"

"Seokjin."

"Help me."

A small grin came onto his face. And in a second, his long fangs pierced into my skin, sucking harshly at my neck. I whimpered, falling to my knees. He pulled off and looked at me with deep red eyes.

"You'll be strong enough when you wake up. Don't waste your opportunity."

I watched him walk off with blurry vision. Pain overcame me and I let myself fall into the ground, my world quickly growing dark and dull, the only thing remaining in my mind was the name of my girl.

I won't let myself forget you, Aichhlinn..

Jungkook pov~

I walked into Namjoon's room slowly, hearing him sob softly. I sat beside him on the bed, observing his shaking shoulders. Too nervous to speak, I looked down at the small box he was holding.

A wedding ring?"It's empty." He sobbed. I looked at him sadly. "She's buried with it." Fresh tears sprung from his eyes, and I didn't know what else to do but hug him. He collapsed, crying harder than before. "I turned to avenge her.. b-but when I made them suffer for murdering her, I couldn't make her like me.. she was too far g-gone.." 

I looked at him in shock, never knowing until now he turned for such a purpose. I assumed, like everyone else excluding Jimin, he turned because he was at the edge of death and one of us just happened to be nearby. He sobbed more, fresh tears wetting more and more of my shirt. I didn't care. I've never seen Namjoon display this much emotion before. He's always been incredibly closed off about his past, what mattered to him, and his turning. I didn't consider us to be this close whatsoever but I wasn't going to turn down an opportunity to get closer to anyone.

Gritting my teeth, I gripped onto his shirt. I hated this world so much for this very reason. As soon as something pure touches the world, the darkness here destroys it. I can't imagine what Namjoon has been through, physically and emotionally.

I would not let something as cowardly and shallow as the darkness here steal Inori from me.

Inori pov~

 I groaned, trying to find the strength to move. I looked down at my ankle - still wrapped up and bloodied. I raised my leg slightly, immediately regretting it, the pain too sudden to suppress my scream.

My dad walked in the room, a mild expression of worry on his face. "Inori?"

I panted, trying to regain control over my sight again after the flash of pain I'd just experienced. He scowled. 

"I told you not to move." 

A small tear slid down my face. I avoided his stern unforgiving gaze. "I'm sorry.."

He walked up to me, putting something on my wrist. I glanced at it. "What-"

"In case anyone else ever tries to hurt you, this will stop them."

I looked at him, simply puzzled. He turned on his heel and left my room. I let a small sob roll out of my mouth. Why is it, at the times I need a supportive father the most, he's just so emotionless? Sometimes I wonder if he's even my father at all.

My eyes flickered to my wrist, still broken and swollen. The bracelet.. a single gold chain with a dark deep red stone in the center, the exact colour of blood. I frowned. How was a bracelet going to protect me from anything at all?