Chapter seventy-two

Two years later

Jungkook pov~

"Time for school!" Taehyung shouted, bounding down the hallway slapping his hands along the walls and doors to wake everyone up.

I groaned but sat up quickly, forcing my eyes to open and function. Today was the day, the first day of school, the day I get to officially 'meet' the girl I already love. With a glance to my bedside clock, I jumped out of bed, forgetting I wasn't dressed already, and walked out to the kitchen where Jin was packing each of us a bag with blood and some normal food in it.

"Thanks, mom!" Taehyung cheered, grinning cheekily and bowing quickly while he took his bag, before he was bounding off down the hallway again, screaming for Yoongi, Hoseok, and Namjoon to wake up and get ready for school.

"What's got him so excited?" I mumbled, voice thick and deep with an exhaustion permanently attached to my soul.

Jin didn't look up at me, continuing to put the items in the bags before folding them over neatly, as if such a simple task required his utmost concentration. "He never had a family, remember? He never got to go to school."

"So he's eager to meet people?"

He shrugged. "Or sniff them, I guess."

I picked up my own bag slowly, looking at him with horror. "He can't, you can't seriously-"

Jin smiled for a second before turning away to pick up his coffee cup still steaming with unsweetened bitter water. "I'll keep a good watch on him, don't fret."

I breathed out a sigh of relief, looking down at myself before I realised I in fact, was not dressed at all. With a curse, I sprinted back to my room, looking for the uniform Jin had picked up for everybody the other week. I'd spent so long staring at it, wanting to put it on already and go to the school. By the time I'd sped through getting dressed and grabbed a backpack filled with textbooks heavy with useless information, everyone else was already dressed and ready in the kitchen.

"This kid," Yoongi tutted, feigning the most disgusted look I've seen in a long while.

"Move it, grandpa," I pushed past him, pouring myself a cup of coffee to calm my nerves, and to at least fill my stomach with something.

Namjoon glared so hard I could feel it digging into my back, and I passed a single cup back to him.

"Here, hyung."

His gaze softened, and I internally celebrated at the small victory, the tiniest bonding moment. Yoongi opened his mouth to spit fire however, despite Hoseok's tight hold around his waist, keeping him from moving any closer.

"Enough," Jin's tone of authority cut him off before he even started. "Time to go, get in the car."

Just when I thought I was saved, Jin's voice like sweetness sliced through the air.

"Jungkook, why don't you sit between Yoongi and Hoseok in the back? You have some things that clearly need to be worked out."

Shit.

Yoongi's fingers tingled with a faint electric buzz that scorched the topmost layer of my skin as he clapped a hand down on my shoulder.

"Yes," he drawled, "let's work things out."

***

The burns Yoongi had left on my skin were long faded by the time we all walked through the front doors, Taehyung whinging behind me since he had taken most of the blows being the responsible friend he was. It was no surprise that all the other students staring as we moved by, but of course Yoongi had to take it one step further. He pointed at one random student, a small boy still only just starting high school.