Chapter sixty-one

Inori pov~

Everything is so still, but I can feel myself being shaken.

Everything is silent, but I can hear quiet tears falling down a face.

I can't really feel anything in my entire body, yet I can feel sleepiness tugging at my numbed limbs, pain surging through my neck and down my spine.

"Wake up, please."

Someone whispers in my ear. It sounds so familiar, but I can't quite place my finger on who's speaking. My head pounded at the flashback to the last thing I remember; Jungkook. I remember him being angry at me, I remember his burns healing, I remember leaving the house, I remember a pair of grey vacant eyes staring up at me.

My eyes flew open in an instant, and I expected to see my boyfriend above me, comforting me and holding me. But who I saw definitely wasn't him.

"Jin!" I squeaked, dazed and confused, naesea swarming my head like a fog as I tried to pull away from his hold completely, confused as to why he's here, where Jungkook is, where here is.

His bruised and blackened hands pulled me back down to the ground instantly and I whimpered at the pain from the cement on my back. "Sh, stay still."

"What's going on?" I forced out of my dry throat, panic rising in my gut. "Where's Jungkook?"

The look he gave me was incredulous. "You don't remember?"

I breathed steadily, trying to calm my heart. Wait, am I bleeding..?

He finally released my shoulders from his hold, sitting a little back from me on the freezing cement, muttering something quiet to himself as he pulled his knees to his chest in a worrying manner. "This can sometimes happen, momentary memory loss is-"

"Momentary memory loss!?" I shouted, the panic quickly rising again. "What are you talking about? Where's Jungkook?"

A laugh that certainly didn't belong to Jin rang through the chilled air, and I looked around for the source, my eyes skimming over a tall feminine figure dressed in dark colours with flaming red hair, before I turned back to look again, letting out a squeal of surprise.

"Who are you?"

The figure stepped forward, crossing her arms over her chest, letting out anther cackle. "I had no idea your bites could do this, Jin."

Bites?

My hand flew up to my neck, and sure enough, a warm sticky substance met my fingers that could only be blood. I stared at Jin, looking for some sign of denial, yet he gave me nothing, only huddling his knees closer into his chest, burying his head on top of the neat little pile, as if he was trying to erase himself from the entire situation.

Warmth pricked at my neck, the wound finally healing, and I gasped at the flashback projecting across my eyes. I could see his fangs, his pain, I could feel my skin tearing under his mouth and his desperate gulps.

Everything hurt.

I scrambled away from the boy and the demon, trying my hardest not to faint right in front of them. I wanted Jungkook to be here.

Xierro sighed, strutting over to me. "That's enough. He'll be fine now."

She grabbed onto my elbow with her bony fingers and I screeched, refusing to let her take me again.

"Let go of me!" I struggled against her hold, unsuccessfully removing her grip of iron. She let out a sigh of annoyance, before I was on my feet, her arm locked around my neck. I was powerless to escape the headlock as she dragged me out of the haunting room, into a long dark hallway that just smelt old. I gulped and tried to speak, which only resulted in a tighter hold, cutting off any air I was able to pull into my lungs.