Chapter twenty-four

Flashback~
Yoongi pov~

Angrily, I kicked up the dirt for no particular reason, gritting in my teeth. I buried my hands in my pockets, fuming on the inside. Hoseok walked beside me, keeping up with my face, chuckling to himself.
"What's so funny?" I asked him angrily, barely able to contain the edge from my voice.
He simply chuckled again. I kicked up the dirt again, spreading it all over my jeans. Cursing, I dusted them off as best as I could with my hands.
"Maybe, if you want your jeans to stay intact, you should stop kicking up the dirt." He flashed as mischeivous grin, as if he could read every thought I've ever had so he knew me inside out.
I scoffed. "I can't believe you're making me do this."
"You didn't have to come."
"So if I refused you wouldn't have dragged me here?"
He shrugged. "I didn't say that."
"You bastard." I kicked at the dirt again, infuriated. "I don't need it!"
"Everyone needs it."
"Not me. I didn't ask to be like you."
He sighed, still walking calmly. I glanced around at the barren landscape around us. Sandy coloured dust mingled into the dirt, stretching as far as the eye could see. There were no houses, no trees, nothing suggesting any signs of civilisation. I nudged his shoulder, making him look at me with dark eyes and an edge in his voice.
"What now?"
I shrugged. "I'm just wondering how we're going to find food out here. It's not exactly a tropical paradise."
He kept walking, pushing his own hands into his pockets. "You'll see."
Soon enough, we stopped right in the middle of nowhere. Hoseok faced me and I glared, panting from the heat. "It's hot. And there's no food."
He gave me the most judgemental look I've ever seen. "Obviously. Stay here or I'll come back and kill you with one of your own limbs."
I stood, shocked in front of him. Within a second, he flashed and disappeared.
"Hoseok!?"
I looked around, confused. How did he do that? Before I could wonder anything else, he flashed back, the small body of a sobbing girl in his arms.
"What? Where did you? How did you-"
"Shut up." He put the small body in my arms. All I could do was look down at her, sobbing even more than before, clinging onto my shirt. She whispered pleas, begging me not to hurt her. How did she know?
Hoseok stepped forward, making a small cut on her neck, pulling a scream from her. "Drink."
Something within me lost control and I latched onto her neck, mesmerized by the scent, by the taste, by the feel of warm rich blood sliding down my throat. After a long while, I pulled off and dropped the empty body of the small girl, looking at Hoseok with lips stained with her blood.
"How did she know?"
He shrugged. "You should always tell your victim what will happen before it does, otherwise it's just trickery."
I nodded sadly, glancing down at her body, feeling sick in the stomach. I didn't want to be what I am now. I wish I was human again. I don't want to kill anyone. As if he'd heard my exact thoughts, he grabbed my hand tightly.
"It's fine. I loathed myself at first too. You'll get used to it."
Then, without any warning, he pressed those heart-shaped lips to mine. I didn't pull away; I let him kiss me, caressing my mouth with his cool lips. Looking deep into my eyes, he held onto my hand tighter, bringing it to his side.
"Lets go home," I whispered, taken aback and breathless. He nodded absentmindedly, not removing his gaze from my eyes, only occasionally flicking his eyes down to my lips. His grip on my hand intensified even further, and in a flash, we were back at the dorms, in the kitchen. 
Gasping, I collapsed to my knees. He quickly helped me up, trying to stop me from feeling dizzy. "It'll feel weird the first few times.." He turned his head on the side, still looking at me thoughtfully. "You look like someone I valued once you know.."
"Huh?"
He shook his head slightly. "I could swear I've seen you before, that's all.."
I frowned, trying to push his hands away. "Well I don't recognise you."
I expected him to shrug it off, to nod, or any other bleak response like those. Instead, he laughed.
"How can you do that?"
Now he frowned. "Do what?"
"That flashing thing.." I gasped, holding my stomach again, the queazy feeling overpowering me.
He shrugged. "It's just something I can do. You might be able to do the same thing later on. Now that you've fed you'll get stronger."
I shoved him off me, still torn. I didn't want to hurt anyone at all, but now I'm this monster that has to kill to survive. "What happens if I don't eat?"
Hoseok gulped. "Everyone joined to you will disentegrate. Everyone you've ever hugged, kissed. We'll all become little flecks of dust.."
"What about me?"
"You'll live on."
Furious, I punched the floor forcefully, letting out a sound of frustration. "I don't want it to be like that!" A sob fell from my lips, my head unable to process anything. I wish I had another chance, at everything. If I'd known it would fall to this I would have done so much differently.
Hoseok pulled me up to stand, wrapping his arms around my waist, his eyes full of concern. "Don't worry okay? I'll be here with you, every step of the way.. you won't be alone."
I nodded, sniffling, resting my head in the crook of his neck, praying this one person won't ever leave me on my own. He was soft, and slightly warmer than me, and everything about him was inviting. I wanted this person, and no one else.