Chapter 37

Okay this is like 9669 words all together hence why it took like a week to write so like get comfy and get a mug or tea or biscuits or something before you start reading.

Phil still didn't speak to Dan for the next few days, but the notes kept appearing around him. And every time he couldn't help but smile at them. He knew Dan was still trying to win him back, and in some way he was glad. Phil still loved him, and slowly his anger was melting away. So now instead of silent glares, they were slowly turning into to tiny, shy smiles. He was crushing on Dan again, except this time he already loved him, and he honestly wanted to be with him again.

On the Tuesday morning a note fell out of his maths book and he unfolded it, reading it and blushing brightly.

I miss your smile, it used to light up the whole room, and now everything is dark and grey without it. Please start smiling again, the world needs it.

Phil beamed. He couldn't help it. Dan was too sweet, and too clever. He knew if Dan had given the notes when he was around Phil would deliberately suppress his smile, but by doing it while he wasn't, Phil was smiling openly, and people seemed to be smiling around him too.
"Happy thought?" Damian whispered next to him and Phil blushed scarlet, forgetting Damian would be there to see.
"Yeah, something like that," he said grinning.
"Am I allowed to know what about?" Damian asked again.
"Hmmm... You get 3 closed questions and no more," Phil told him, still unable to stop grinning.
"Okay, is it to do with my brother?"
"Yes,"
"Is it to do with the notes he keeps given you?"
"Maybe,"
"Is there any chance you would tell me why you are grinning so widely over my brother?" Damian chuckled and Phil shook his head.
"Nope, and now you will never know," he giggled.
"Phil you're blushing!" Damian said teasingly and Phil quickly hid his face in his hands. Oops.
"No I'm not!" He argued.
"You so are,"
"I'm not, I'm just hot,"
"I know you are," Damian said and winked, making Phil push his shoulder away and scowl at him, but a smile soon made his way back to his lips.

"I've missed this Phil," Damian commented truthfully and Phil tilted his head to the side for more explanation. "You haven't hit me in the past few days and my arms were feeling neglected," he chuckled and Phil shook his head at him.
"You're such an idiot," he commented, but then gave him a small hug. "Sorry for being weird the past few days Dame,"
"It's fine Phil, we have you back now and that's all we need," Damian grinned the ruffled his hair, making Phil scowl at him and fix it quickly.
"Never do that again,"
"Do what?" Damian asked innocently, messing his hair up again.
"Oh it's on!" Phil said loudly and started to attack Damian's head, messing it up and listening to Damian's loud protests mercilessly.

"Philip Lester!" He heard a shout from the front of the classroom and he froze. "How dare you assault another student in my class! Detention with me after school!" Miss yelled and Phil opened his mouth to protest, but Damian nudged him and he closed it. Miss was the type to give you another if you tried to talk back, even if she looked nice from afar.
"Sorry Phil," Damian whispered when she turned her back again.
"It's alright, I will just sit and draw or something, unless she makes me clean the class, but that's unlikely, so I will be fine," Phil told him, patting his shoulder to reassure him.

It was the end of the day, and Phil was cleaning her classroom.
"Make sure you put every book away in it's proper place Philip," she barked at him. "I will be in the teachers lounge, I will be back in an hour and do not leave until I return," she told him sternly and walked out of the room, tidying her blonde bun and hitching her tight skirt up higher. Phil raised his eyebrows at her care for her appearance and wondered if she was meeting anyone there. Probably, knowing her reputation among the teachers at the school. He pulled a face at the thought and continued hauling the stacks of books onto the shelves, his arms aching with the weight. Maths texts books weren't light. He picked up a box of new ones to put on the table so it would be easier for him to transfer them to the shelf and he heard and rip, and they all fell through the bottom of the cardboard box onto the floor, and onto Phil's foot.
"Are you kidding me? Really?" He stressed, clutching one of his feet and hopping around a little. The one foot still making contact with the floor stepped onto the slippery plastic of the book cover and he started to fall sideways, and he grabbed out wildly for something to hang onto. Phil heard a rip as the thing he had caught to try and hold him up ripped and fell down with him. He fell hard against the floor letting out a small cry of pain and looked at the material in his hands.

A bright pink coat with a noticeable tear was in his fingers. He had just destroyed his teachers coat. Shit.

He scrambled up and held it out, hoping that it wouldn't be as bad as he thought. But it was worse. Along the back of the mid-length coat was large jagged rip, running from one of the darts upwards towards the belt. Crap. He panicked, wondering what to do. Put it back on the peg and pretend nothing had happened? Would she notice when she came back in and took her coat to go home? He dithered around before deciding he could maybe try and fix it. He left the coat on the desk and looked out in the hallway, seeing no teachers about and ran towards the textiles department, hoping no one would have locked it yet. As soon as he got there he checked through the window that no one was inside, before rushing in and looking through all the open draws for a needle and thread, but there was nothing of use in them. He cursed and tried the cupboard, but it was locked. He needed the key. He looked around to see if one had been left out, but none had been. Damn. He bit his lip before deciding to try the teachers desk draws, praying it would be inside somewhere. He rummaged through the first two, finding nothing of interest (apart from a lottery ticket and a shiny gold wedding ring which must have belonged to Mr Sutton). He opened the last one praying keys to be in there and let out a small whoop when he saw the silver key glinting in the sudden light. He seized it and opened the lock on the cupboard, finding a needle and pink thread, before closing it and locking it back up before returned the key, grabbing the thread and needle and running back to his maths class.

He grabbed the coat off the desk and checked the time. He had half an hour to fix the coat and sort out the books. He might just make it.

It took 5 attempts to thread the needle but luckily when he was little his mum had taught him how to sew, so he as neatly as possible stitched up the edge of the coat, tying the thread tightly before holding it up and seeing if it would do. He smiled as he realised he was safe and hung it back up, looking at the clock. He had about 15 minutes left to sort out all the books. He quickly picked up all the books on the floor and piled them on the shelf and then breathed. He was done.

He was throwing the boxes into the stockroom next door when miss returned with her hair now loose and her top looking very rumbled and missing a button. Had she actually been seeing someone?
"You can go Phil," she said quickly, before grabbing her coat and bag and walking out of the room quickly, shutting the door behind her. Something had definitely gone down in that staff room, Phil thought. He grabbed his backpack from his table and slid it on, looking at the windowsill where he had left the needle and threat, and then decided to quickly throw it out the window into the bushes so no one would see what he had done. Just as he had let go he heard a knock at the door and span around, looking guilty, but no one was there. He suspiciously walked closer and saw something stuck to the door.

A little yellow note.

Phil grinned and pulled it off, reading what it said.

Follow me.

He beamed and blushed, walking out of the room and seeing another note on the floor in front of him.

This way gorgeous.

He picked it up and saw another not too far along with an arrow on it. He grabbed it and followed the direction and saw one at the double doors on the end. He looked into the textiles department as he turned towards the doors, seeing Mr Sutton sliding the ring Phil had found earlier onto his finger and wiping a smear of pink lipstick off his mouth. Phil raised his eyebrows and rolled his eyes, tutting before he grinned again and ran to the next note and pulled it down, reading it quickly before speeding off again.

Keep going to the end.

He reached the end of the hallway and saw a note on the ground.

Look up.

Phil stared up and saw one stuck the the ceiling, and squinted to read it.

Go outside the next chance you get beautiful.

Phil grinned and reached up to grab it, but he wasn't tall enough, so he left it behind and ran towards the doors leading outside. There was a pink note on the door this time.

Follow me outside for an adventure.

Phil giggled and picked it up, walking outside and squinting around to see if there were anymore. He saw a flash of yellow close to him on the floor leading towards the field and walked up to it, seeing it was being held down by a stone.

Follow the yellow brick road.

He giggled and picked it up, seeing more yellow notes, all being held down by small chunks of brick. Phil rolled his eyes but followed the arrows marking them, picking each one up as he went until he got to the end.

Do you see the yellow paint splatter?

Phil looked around confused, before realising he was near to the art block. He ran towards it and saw the yellow splatter on the side of the door, a note right in the middle of it.

Come inside.

He followed it through the doors and into his main room, and saw a canvas standing upright in the middle of it, all covered in little yellow sticky notes. He walked up to it and saw the notes all said the same thing:

I love you.

He beamed and blushed violently, before realising there was a pink note on the table in front of it.

Uncover me for your treasure hunt prize...

Phil started picked off the notes, at first one by one until he started to see the picture underneath, yanking off as many as he could at a time. He dropped all the notes he was holding when saw what it was. On the canvas there was a painted picture of two people. One with dark hair and eyes, a dimple showing on his smiling face with his arms wrapped around a boy with jet black hair and bright blue eyes staring into the brown, grinning widely so his tongue stuck out the side of his mouth.

It was him and Dan from back when they had first started dating. Dan's mum had taken a picture of them when they had been cuddling on the sofa without them knowing at the time, and Dan had drawn it. For him. He felt a few tears spring to his eyes and he stroked along it, seeing a tiny note scrabbled on the bare canvas in the corner.

Dear Phil,

This is just to say how much I love you and how I love the moments we have shared together. I hope you like this picture as much as I do.

All my love, Dan x

Phil picked up the picture and hugged it as best as he could, before putting it back on the desk and retrieving all the sticky notes, stuffing as many as he could into his pockets and bag and held the canvas under his arm, walking out of the art block with it under his arm proudly, walking out of the gates and back to his house with a huge spring in his step, beaming at everything he walked past, his heart beating loudly in his chest.

On Wednesday he was waiting urgently to see Dan at school, his leg bouncing up and down as he sat at his desk in art, waiting for Dan to come in and start his own work. But he didn't. Phil didn't work for the entire lesson, he just stared into space, wondering where Dan was. He needed to talk to him, to thank him for the amazing painting, to apologise for everything. But if he wasn't here, he couldn't do that. He jumped suddenly when Mr Pam sat on the desk in front of him and burst him out of his daydream.
"Everything okay Phil?" He asked and Phil nodded his head, then shook it.
"I'm a bit confused Sir, and I can't focus," he told him.
"Boy trouble?" Mr Pam asked and Phil paused, before nodding with a sigh. "Don't worry, all I will say is that if it is real love, it will all work out in the end. But remember, you can chose the speed," he said wisely and Phil stared at him speechless, then nodded. "That is all the words of wisdom you will probably ever get from me so remember them, and go get him," Mr Pam added and winked at Phil before wandering over to a girl with her hand up, asking for help.

Phil fell back into his daydream, wondering how he would be able to talk to Dan as he still wasn't here. Maybe he could see him after school, talk to him then? He jumped again as the bell went and walked over to the maths department, almost walking into around 5 people, giving Miss a look with raised eyebrows as he sat in his seat, and she chewed her lip nervously. Phil wondered if he should tell Damian he was thinking about talking and forgiving Dan, (and then blushing as he thought about what Dan had done for him yesterday) but decided against it. He needed to decide on his own.
"Why is Miss staring daggers at you?" Damian asked, sliding into his seat next to Phil.
"I think she knows I know Mr Sutton is cheating on his wife with her," Phil said tiredly, a half amused expression on his face. He saw Miss look over at him worriedly, but didn't say anything to him, and went red, walking to the other side of the class.
"Well that's mildly disgusting," Damian said and Phil chuckled. "How do you know?"
"Yesterday in detention she left me alone to sort out the text books and acted weird when she went to the staff room. When I was putting the books on the shelf I slipped and fell over, kinda accidentally grabbing her coat and ripping it at the back," he said, pulling a mock worried face as Damian looked shocked and then laughed.
"It would only be you to do that," he chuckled. "What did you do about it? Or not do knowing you,"
"I ran along to the textiles department and looked around for a needle and thread, but the door was locked. I looked around in Sir's draw and found a wedding ring and then the key, so I grabbed the stuff, locked the cupboard and fixed the coat, then threw the needle and thread out the window into the bushes- it seemed a good idea okay? But when Miss came back her clothes were all crumpled and her make-up and hair was messy. She left and when I was walking outside saw Mr Sutton in his classroom wiping lipstick off his face and sliding his ring back on. And it was the same colour lipstick that Miss had been wearing," Phil explained. "I think they should learn to sneak around a little better," he said more loudly and he saw Miss look over at him quickly before glancing away, and mumbling that she had to leave the room.

"Phil you genius you are protected from anything she can do to you now! And actually, so am I! You are amazing!" Damian said happily, hugging him.
"I think this is a one time thing but still, I feel powerful," Phil giggled and Damian laughed with him.
"Hey are you free after school?" Damian asked him and Phil bit his lip before nodding. He was planning on finding a way to speak to Dan. "Would you be able to come to mine at like, 5? Because I need to do some stuff quickly after school but I want to show you my own secret place I like to go, a bit like yours. And it looks the best when it's dark. Is that okay?" Damian asked and Phil nodded, smiling at his friend.
"That sounds great, what stuff do you have to do?"
"I am helping my mum with the shopping and that kinda thing," Damian said and Phil nodded.

He paused for a few seconds before deciding to ask.
"Hey Dame, where's Dan today?" He asked awkwardly and Damian smiled softly at him.
"He's ill at home, stuck in bed,"
"Ah, well I hope he gets better soon," Phil said and sighed quietly. There really went his plan to talk to Dan today.

Phil waited outside Damian's house at exactly 5 o'clock, and it was slowly turning dark around him. He was glad it was at least warmish outside, as he only needed a jumper and didn't want to probably (as this was Damian's special place) have to wriggle around on the ground a lot in a coat. Damian appeared at the door beaming in a similar jumper an hugged Phil tightly.
"You ready to go?" He asked and Phil nodded.
"Yup, let's go!" Phil said excitedly.

"Where actually are we going?" Phil asked as they started walking down the street.
"To the woods, we have to walk through some of it to get to my special place," Damian told him and Phil nodded. That was about 20 minutes walk away, but he didn't mind. It was nice being out with Damian again.

"So Damey baby, who are you thinking of going to the winter prom with?" Phil asked him thoughtfully.
"No one. I don't have anyone to ask on a date really," he said shrugging and felt a little upset for him. If things had worked out between them he would have been going with Phil, but now he had no one, and was surrounded by one couple, 2 people who would hopefully be back together, and then there was just him. The lonely fifth wheel.
"Maybe you will find someone before then?" Phil said hopefully and Damian shook his head.
"I doubt it,"
"Well, if I have no one to go to when it comes around and you still have no one to go with how about we go together as friends?" Phil asked and Damian smiled at him.
"That would be nice. And even if you do have someone I will probably come anyway and hang out with you, Chris and Pj for the evening, and Dan if he turns up," Damian said and Phil squeezed his arm.
"That's sweet Dame," he said happily as they reached the entrance to the forest. As they got further in it got a lot darker, and Phil couldn't deny he was getting a bit scared. He tensed up as he walked and he saw Damian stop beside him and raise his eyebrows at him.

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly.
"Yeah, I'm just a bit scared, that's all," he said as casually as possible. Damian shook his head and smiled fondly at him, stepping towards him as placing his hands on Phil's shoulders.
"Try looking up," he told Phil, who tipped his head back and smiled as he saw the deep purple sky above him, sprinkled with stars. "See, it's not dark, it's bright," Damian told him and Phil looked back at him, grinning.
"You really are the best, you know that right?" Phil reminded him and Damian grinned.
"I know. Now come on, it's not far," he told Phil and they started walking again.

"How far is it? You said it was near!" Phil whined a little as they kept walking and he saw Damian grin beside him.
"Just round this bend," Damian told him, smiling to himself.
"It had better be," Phil said as they curved. "Walking is-oh."

He fell silent as he saw all of the low tree branches along either side of the path covered in star shaped fairy lights, illuminating the path and making it shine brightly, each pine needle and twig seeming to glow golden against the earth floor. He stopped and stared around, his mouth an 'o' of amazement.
"I lied about it being my special place, sorry. But we had to get you here somehow. I have to go now, but Phil, just listen to him, and do what you know will make you happy," Damian told him, before kissing his cheek and walking away from him, out of sight almost instantly. Phil was still in shock, slowly beginning to make his way down the arch of glistening stars, spotting a small wooden gate at the end with a small lantern on top of it, a candle flickering inside it producing a warm glow. He stepped slowly up to it, hearing the wind whistling gently through the trees and picked it up, finding a folded note underneath it pressed down to the wood.

Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination...

He smiled and held the lantern out and opened the gate, walking through onto another path, but this was shorter, and instead of fairy lights being in the trees, small jam jars were placed along the edge of it, each a different colour, spreading their own light across the path. He glanced upwards and saw smaller ones hanging in the branches, managing to make the leaves dance as they swayed softly in the breeze. Phil walked over blues, greens and pinks until he came to a large paper note held down with a single clear jar at the edge of a field. He took it up and held it close to the lantern to be able to read it, smiling as he murmured the words to himself.

Almost there...

He picked it up and gazed forwards, seeing more of the colourful jars, each with a note beside it, an arrow pointing him forwards on each. The paper shone like silver as he walked past, the light falling on it in different hues and sending the shapes spiralling. He stepped gently along the route of jars, looking down all the time at each individual light and arrowed paper until he saw one with writing on.

Look up.

He brought his head up and saw Dan smiling at him a metre away, a picnic blanket behind him and a felt pen and notepad in his had.
"Dan, how did you...?" Phil asked and Dan grinned. He scribbled something down on his pad and held it up to Phil.
"You really thought I was ill?" it said and Phil chuckled and blushed.
"Well, yeah,"
"You're sweet." Dan wrote back.
"Why aren't you talking?" Phil asked him and Dan scribbled something longer.
"You told me not to talk to you, so I'm doing as you wish."
"Oh Dan. You don't have to keep writing everything, please talk to me again," Phil asked and Dan shook his head at him and scribbled something else down quickly.
"I think it would be easier this way." he showed before flipping the paper over. "I am probably the sorriest I have ever been in my life, even more than when I broke my mums wedding present."

"Dan-" Phil began but Dan held his hand up, stopping him into silence without even looking up at him, still continuing to write.
"Phil I never meant to kiss her, my brain flipped out and it just happened, but it seriously meant nothing at all." he held it up to Phil chewing his lip, illuminated by Phil holding up his lamp to see the writing.
"Dan..." Phil tried again but he was once more silenced by Dan's hand again.
"I love you Phil, and I just want things to work out between us, I want you to trust me again."
"Dan-" His hand flew up again. "Oh for Christ's sake," Phil said exasperated and pushed the board out of Dan's hands and pressed his lips firmly against Dan's, making Dan stumble backwards in shock. Dan stared at him with wide eyes before catching Phil's head in his hands and slammed his lips back against his, kissing him as if he would vanish if he stopped, and Phil smiled and wound his arms around Dan's waist, pulling him the closest he could possible, joining their two bodies to become whole once again.

Phil had shared many kisses with Dan over the time he had known him, but this was something if you asked him to recall he wouldn't know how to describe it. "It was like sunset," he would say. "You work the entire day until you are weary and tired and wanting to give up, but then the sky lightens and warm colours appear. You have worked a long time to get the magic, but now that it's here you can be a part of it for the few minutes it is around. Some people would say it isn't long enough to be worth it, and they are the people who will never experience this feeling. But in those minutes there is a magic, and you wouldn't trade them for anything ever."

The years after they broke apart Dan leant his forehead against Phil's, breathing deeply and staring into his eyes.
"Phil," he breathed.
"Yes bear?" Phil asked quietly.
"Am I forgiven?"
"You are always forgiven."
"And do you love me again?"
"You're such an idiot sometimes, I never stopped."

They stared at each other for a few more seconds before they exploded into giggles, hugging each other tightly before Phil felt Dan grab him under his armpits and suddenly he was being whirled around, screeching with happiness and seeing the world spin around him, the only thing focused was his Dan. They slowed down and stumbled as they tried to regain their balance, Phil almost falling over, grabbing onto Dan and pulling him down with him as they fell onto the blanket, clutching each other and laughing loudly.
"Did you really do all of this for me?" Phil asked when their giggling had died down a little and were simply gazing into each others eyes.
"Of course I did, do you like it? I remember on the first day we met you said this would be your fantasy romance, so I thought I would try and bring it to life," he said softly, brushing a silk strand of Phil's hair away from his eyes.
"Have I ever told you that you're perfect?" Phil asked and Dan pretended to look thoughtful.
"Maybe, once or twice," he teased and Phil nudged him with his forehead.
"I've missed you so much," he admitted, feeling his cheeks heat up.
"I've missed you more than you could believe," Dan replied, his eyes filling with a small amount of sadness.
"Try me," Phil smiled cheekily and Dan raised his eyebrows back.
"Okay, I missed you like part of my heart was missing,"
"Well I missed you like half my body was missing,"
"I missed you like I was trying to breathe underwater,"
"I missed you like Rory missed Amy when he was guarding the Pandorica," Phil rushed, running out of ideas quickly.
"Well I missed you more than the TARDIS is blue!"
"I missed you more than fish fingers and custard!"
"Well I missed you more than Sherlock fell for John!" Dan yelled.

Phil's eyes widened and his mouth dropped open.
"You take that back this second," Phil said sternly.
"No," Dan said, giving a small guilty smile.
"I am warning you..." Phil told him dangerously, scowling at him.
"Never," Dan whispered.
"Fine!" Phil shouted and rolled on top of Dan, pinning him down hard against the blanket. "Say you are sorry or I will kill you," Phil told him seriously and Dan let out a small giggle.
"No," he said like a child.
"Fine then," Phil said, raising his eyebrows before leaning down and licking slowly along Dan's sensitive neck.
"Ew no Phil! Ahhhh that tickles!" He shrieked but Phil kept going.
"Do you take it back then?" He asked Dan, looking straight into his eyes.
"I never will," Dan said solemnly and Phil shook his head pityingly.
"Your funeral," he said simply and started to lick back along Dan's neck, feeling him wriggle beneath him, but he was stuck fast.
"Aghhhh Phil this is gross stop!" He yelled as Phil licked up to his ear.
"You said you weren't going to take it back so you know," Phil told him cheekily, breathing against Dan's neck, making him let out a small yelp as he tried to throw Phil off him.
"Okay okay I have had enough stop!" He yelled and Phil grinned, moving his head away from Dan's neck and smiling a few centimetres from his face.
"I hate you," Dan mumbled, his arms still unmovable.
"I love you too," Phil told him and pecked his lips before rolling back beside him and cuddling into him, resting his head on his chest and feeling Dan's arm wrap around his shoulder. He looked up and saw the deep purple sky glistening with millions of shining specks of stars above him. He giggled as he listene carefully to the thudding in Dan's chest.
"I can hear your heartbeat through your shirt," he giggled and Dan looked confused.
"But I don't have a heart, I gave it to you," he told him, stroking his hair gently.
"Then you must have mine," Phil told him and pecked the area above where his heart would be.
"Wait, aside how this is making me melt, did we just swap hearts?"
"Very maybe,"
"Very maybe?"
"Metaphorical heart transplant,"
"Erm... Okay?"
"Yes,"
"So I have your heart and you have mine from a metaphorical heart transplant we both didn't know we did?"
"Yes,"
"Well now everything makes sense," Dan chuckled and kissed Phil's forehead and they lay in silence for a few minutes.

"I wish I knew more constellations," he told Dan who kissed the top of his head again lightly.
"We can always make some," Dan suggested and Phil grinned, turning his head up to face Dan.
"Oh yeah? Do you wanna go first?" Phil asked and Dan nodded.
"This feels a bit like animal crossing. Okay, you see that bright one right next to the moon? Well there are 5 dotted close beside them, which sort of form a circle," Dan told him.
"Can you see the 2 little bumps at the top of either side of the circle? They look like ears. And there are eyes and a nose inside," Phil explained and Dan nodded enthusiastically.
"But what should we call it?" He asked, chewing his lip as they fell into a concentrated silence.

"I know what we can name it," Phil said suddenly, grinning widely.
"What's that sweet?"
"Phil's bear," Phil said and tilted his chin up to look at Dan, who lent down and pecked Phil's lips softly, stroking along his cheek with a free hand.
"I love it. But now we need to find a constellation for you," Dan told him, and strainingly looked up into the night. Phil followed his gaze and looked at as many clusters as stars as he was able, but gave up when he saw the moon come out from behind a wisp of cloud.
"Look at the moon," Phil whispered and they gazed at it for a few seconds.
"I think I have found your constellation," Dan said quietly. "But I'm sad to say its not made of stars,"
"What do you mean?"
"Your constellation in the moon. This exact moon, one sleep until it's full," Dan stated matter of factly and Phil chuckled.
"And why is this may I ask?"
"Because everyone always says that the full moon is the most beautiful thing ever, but I disagree. To me, you are the most gorgeous thing to ever walk the planet. Whenever I lie next to you I always hope there will be one more sleep next to you. Every time you smile you shine, casting everyone else into darkness. So when the full moon is up, everyone will claim it to be their own, but that isn't special enough to be your constellation. Yours is the sleep before, reminding me of the one more day I wish to stay with you, and a reminder of how much you brighten up the dark,"
"You are my constellation Dan," Phil said and Dan smiled at him.
"You're not making sense," Dan giggled and chucked Phil's chin.
"Can I ask something?"
"Anything you want lion,"
"Every two weeks on this moon can we come here? I mean, as long as we aren't busy and it's not too cold and not cloudy and stuff?" Phil asked, then blushed furiously. "And only if you want to of course,"
"There is nothing I would like more," Dan told him honestly and Phil wriggled up his body a little before pecking his lips and nuzzling into his shoulder. "As long as I don't have to do the whole jam jar thing again it took ages," Dan added and Phil chuckled.
"It's fine. Tonight is just perfect bear, I never want to leave," Phil whispered.
"I knew I should have brought a tent. And you can always visit it in your memories Phil," Dan told him and Phil smiled softly, cuddling into Dan.
"That would be nice," Phil said. "But I have another good way," he said, pulling out his phone from his pocket and setting up the video recorder.
"What are you doing?" Dan asked but Phil clicked record before Dan could protest.
"And action!"

"Hello future me," Phil said, waving at the camera.
"Oh, hello future Phil!" Dan said happily, understand what Phil was doing now.
"I decided to record the best night of my life for you to look back on. Well, parts of it, I'm not going to be able to get Dan to act all soppy again, especially on film,"
"Hey," Dan protested, pulling the camera in his direction. "That was very sweet stuff and if it's as cute as you said you should still remember it in the future," Dan nodded and pushed the camera back onto Phil.
"Let's go for little walk shall we, I'll just pause you," he told the camera, then pressed pause, wriggling up from beside Dan and standing up. Dan groaned at him but Phil held out his hand expectantly and Dan chuckled, taking the offer and hauling himself up, clutching onto Phil's hand and smiling. Phil subtly pointed the camera at their entwined hands and pressed play without Dan noticing.
"I've missed being able to hold your hand, no one's fits together with mine like yours do," Dan told him and pecked his lips gently.
"I love you so much Dan,"
"I love you too Phil."

Phil paused the film again and they started to walk back to where the adventure began, back towards the trees with fairy lights strung across them. They turned so they were facing towards the gate at the end, finally back on the start of their journey. Phil switched the film back on and held it up to see the full illuminated pathway shining lightly across the path.
"How did you actually get all the lights up there Dan?" Phil wondered and Dan chuckled.
"A stepladder, it was hell to carry all the way here but Damian helped," he explained and Phil chuckled.
"So," he addressed to the camera. "I was left here randomly by Damian and got told to keep going forward," Phil explained.
"At least it looked unlikely that anything would jump out at you," Dan commented and Phil shushed him.
"I got to the end and saw a lamp on the gate, and there was a note underneath, which is still there actually," Phil said, holding the camera down to see it.

"Oh I forgot!" He said suddenly, resting his still filing camera down on the top of the gate as he turned to Dan. "The treasure hunt you left me yesterday," he said and Dan blushed.
"Dame said you had detention and I was trying to win you back a bit more," Dan told him rubbing the back of his neck shyly. "Did you like the portrait I painted of us?"
"It's hanging on my wall. And it's perfect, thank you so much," he said and threw his arms around Dan's neck, hugging him tightly before pulling back and kissing his lips slowly. He took Dan's hand again and picked his camera back up, opening the gate and leading through. Most of the candles were still glowing along the side of the path, the colours spread out across the path and Phil bent low to film one up close, before switching the angle to one of the jars up hanging from a tree branch.
"I still can't believe you did all of this for me," Phil told Dan as they walked towards the field.
"Well you'd better believe it, and I would do it again for you," Dan told him and pecked his cheek. Phil turned the camera to face them and pecked Dan's cheek in return.
"I hope you heard that as I will be holding him to it for a quite a while!" Phil said and Dan laughed beside him.

He switched the camera again so it was facing back out away from him and they reached the edge of the field, all of it practically dark apart from the small flickering jars leading their way back.
"You know, I think this time is just as magical as the first," Phil said as they walked slowly between the lines of colour, and changed the camera view to Dan's face.
"Really?"
"Yeah, because this time I am holding you hand," Phil told him and kissed him softly on the lips, and ended the video.
"You're magical lion cub," Dan told him and Phil blushed.
"I wish I was magical, I would learn to fly and then take you with me, and then we could live on a cloud and eat candy floss," Phil said happily and Dan grinned at him.
"I'd like that, but how about we get a flat together first? I mean, like, when we're older, and only if you want to," Dan asked sounding a little sheepish.
"I think, that as soon as we leave school and have to start making our way in the world, that would be perfect," Phil said.
"What about uni?"
"After that too, unless somehow we manage to share a dorm,"
"And actually get in," Dan said quietly, sitting back down on the blanket and dropping Phil's hand, curling his legs into himself and hugging them. Phil sat next to him and slid his arm around his waist, and Dan leant his head on Phil's shoulder.
"I'm scared Phil," he said sadly, and Phil pecked his forehead gently.
"Me too, but do you know what? Uni isn't made out to be what it is. And to be honest, I have no idea what I want to do when I'm older. But I want to be happy, and have you. So that's what I'm going to focus on," Phil told him and Dan let out a shaky laugh.
"But you don't have your dad pestering you about it the few times he comes home. You'd think coming back after a couple of months military work that he would be happy for me being happy, but it's always 'what are you going to be when you grow up son? Make films? Pah, child's play, be a lawyer, plenty of money and status there'." Dan said sadly.
"You don't have to listen to him Dan, he won't be with you for all your life, and if you don't want to be a lawyer then don't. Simple as, and I will be by your side the whole time," Phil told him and Dan smiled at him.
"You sure about that?" He grinned gently.
"100 per cent certain," Phil told him honestly and Dan leant up and kissed his lips softly.

He suddenly pulled apart abruptly.
"I forgot something!" He said, standing up and hauling Phil up with him, grabbing at his hand and starting to pull him quickly towards the further end of the field, towards the tree line.
"Where are we going?" Phil asked, half laughing at Dan's randomness.
"You had said you wanted a river before, and a picnic, so I am providing you with both!" Dan said happily, breaking out into a ran, letting go of Phil's hand and speeding ahead. Phil laughed and jogged after him, pulling out his phone again and setting up the film, clicking play as he slowed down, disappearing through the trees after Dan. He turned the camera on himself as he walked forward carefully.
"Dan has another surprise for me, I don't know whether to be worried or not," he joked.
"Don't be, it's brilliant!" He heard Dan call and laughed, facing the camera back from his point of view as he reached the tree line.
"Can I follow you or must I wait?" He asked.
"Give me a second... Wait... Okay come through!" Dan called and Phil grinned before walking trough the trees.

Dan was standing under a large silver birch tree that was shining softly from the moon, surrounded by yet more glittering jam jars bursting colours, old fashioned lanterns hanging from the branches casting light down from above, the noise of the river running softly beside them as Dan held out his arms sheepishly, and Phil let out a small laugh, before running at him and hugging him tightly, almost knocking him over.
"Can you be more perfect?" He asked and Dan thought for a second, before shaking his head.
"Nahhhhh, I'm amazing," he said and Phil laughed, pulling away and pointing the camera in their direction, kissing Dan on the lips for a few seconds before pulling away, blushing.
"Are you hungry? I'm hungry," Dan said, and bent down behind the tree, pulling out a large picnic basket. Phil grinned widely and turned the camera to his face again.
"He provides food, therefore I love him," Phil laughed, and cut it off.
"Wow you're hilarious," Dan said sarcastically, handing him a plate as he started bringing out tupperware after tupperware of food. He opened them all and lay them on the blanket and Phil was shocked at the amount of things there. Tiny cocktail sausages, tortilla chips and dips, random assortments of finger food and finally massive strawberries smothered in dark, milk and white chocolate.
"You're going to tell me you made these all yourself aren't you?" Phil said bemusedly.
"Well..." He said and Phil raised his eyebrows and Dan chuckled. "My mum helped me by doing most of them, but I did the strawberries," he said and Phil smiled at him.
"Thank you so much," he said, leaning forwards, being careful not to place his hands in any of the food before kissing his lips for a few seconds then pulling back.
"Your welcome," Dan said happily and started picking at some of the food, taking savoury things to start with and popping them in his mouth.

"I think my mum honey glazed the sausages here try," Dan said after a bite and shoved it in Phil's shocked mouth. Phil chewed it slowly, tasting the slight sweet tang that spread over his tongue.
"That's delicious. I need to steal food from your house more often," Phil said and Dan smiled at him.
"You are welcome whenever you like you know," Dan told him and Phil nodded happily.
"Be prepared for if I randomly turn up in the middle of the night to see you," Phil joked and Dan laughed.
"Throw a small stone at my window or something. Or call me. Then you can come up easy," Dan told him and Phil felt genuinely thrilled Dan was completely fine with this idea.
"I am gonna apologise now in advance for if I wake you," Phil giggled and Dan chuckled.
"I am fine with it as long as you sleep next to me when you get there."

They munched as much food as they could before they were almost full, before starting on the strawberries.
"Holy shit these are good," Dan said as he took a bite, his face melting with pleasure.
"Modest," Phil teased, but then he took a bite, the fruit exploding on his tongue and the smooth chocolate smothering it over. "Wow," he breathed and Dan giggled. Dan sighed happily and leant back against the trunk of the tree closing his eyes, and Phil had an idea. He pulled out his camera and turned it on so it was filming again, before picking up a strawberry and waving it in front of the camera.

"Hey Dan," he said and Dan opened his eyes, and suddenly there was a strawberry in his mouth and chocolate around his lips.
"Mmphhh Phil," he whined as he started chewing, seeing it was filming.
"Now you're the one with chocolate on your lip," Phil pointed out and Dan tried to wipe it was with his tongue, but missed.
"Here, let me return the favour," Phil giggled before leaning forward and kissing it away.
"Better?" Dan asked.
"Better."

They took turns feeding each other strawberries after that, taking alternate bites of each until they were all gone, and packed the picnic back up, shaking out the blanket and folding it on top of the basket. They carried it back out through the trees to their original blanket, lying back down against it staring up at the stars.
"Phil?" Dan asked after a few quiet minutes, just lying listening. Listening to the wind, to the trees, the sound of each others breaths and the sound of each others heartbeats.
"Yes Dan?"
"I feel completely free here. Do you think that's a bit weird?"
"Not at all,"
"Phil?"
"Yes bear?"
"Have you ever felt like this before?"
"No, but I know I'll be forever yours. And that means we can share this feeling again and again through our lives," Phil told him and Dan grinned at him.
"Can I have your phone for a second please lion?"
"Sure bear," Phil replied and pulled it out his pocket and passed it to Dan.
"What's your password?"
"1309," Phil told him and Dan put it in, then paused.
"13 09? The 13th of September? That's the day we first met," Dan said softly and Phil blushed, hiding his face in Dan's shirt.
"Oh shush you," Phil told him.
"I didn't say anything,"
"You were going to tease me about it,"
"I promise I wasn't,"
"Yeah, sure,"
"I really wasn't! I was going to tell you something instead,"
"What?"
"Mine is the date we first kissed," he heard Dan say and Phil lifted his head and stared into Dan's face.
"Really?"
"Yeah, it's funny how we work isn't it?" He asked and Phil planted a kiss on his cheek, smiling at him.
"I love you bear," he said, staring at him.
"I love you too lion," Dan replied and they kissed again. "Hey, guess what?" Dan said, still staring into Phil's eyes.
"What?"
"The cameras on," he grinned and Phil looked around shocked and then scowled at Dan, but his smile couldn't help but show through.
"I hate you," he mumbled and Dan just laughed.
"I hate you too," he chuckled. "Hey do you know what would be cute? If we record bits of ourselves leaving a message for each other for the future," Dan suggest and Phil perked up.
"I like that idea, do you want to go first?" He asked and Dan nodded. He pointed the camera at himself and began talking:

"Phil, when I first saw you, I thought you were gorgeous. You eyes just lit up the room instantly to me, and then I got to know you more, and you turned out to be everything I have ever dreamed of having. The first few months we were together were amazing, and there is so much from them I dream about them at night. I know that things ended up going downhill and a lot of tears were shed over stupid things, but that doesn't matter now, as I have you back in my life, and hopefully you will stay there forever."

Dan silently passed the camera to Phil who's eyes were watering slightly but he blinked back the tears, smiling softly at the camera.
"Daniel James Howell the moment I met you I knew you were something special. And then you talked to me, and turned out to be my soul mate. Being your boyfriend has been the most wonderful thing, and giving that up was probably one of the most stupidest things I have ever done, apart from breaking your heart about 3 times. But as you said, that is all in the past. I love you with all my heart and as long as you know that, I am never letting you go anywhere without me by your side."

He turned to face Dan again and saw a drop of water trailing down his cheek and wiped it off gently with his thumb.
"I love you so much Dan,"
"And I love you more."

They didn't realise how much time had gone passed until Dan saw the time of Phil's phone as they put the camera away.
"It's almost midnight, we should get going," Dan said sadly.
"Yeah," Phil agreed, standing up and folding up the blanket after Dan. He placed it on the picnic basket and turned around to see Dan close to him, smiling softly into his eyes.

"I have something to give you," he said quietly and a blush rose in his cheeks.
"Yeah? And what's that?" Phil said softly back.
"I wanted this to be perfect, so I found this:" Dan told him, and pulled an oval shaped locket held on by a piece of black string from his pocket, tracing over the swirling markings with his thumb, looking down at it. There was some writing carved into one side, but Phil couldn't read it.
"It says two of a kind," Dan told him, and pulled out an exact replica out from under his shirt. "There are only two exactly like this in existence, and this one is yours. There isn't anything in mine yet, but I hope one day you will find something special to put inside it," Dan told him.

He placed the locket gently into Phil's hand and Phil slid his finger under the latch, flicking it open to reveal a small yellow piece of paper trapped inside, a few words written in neat black ink on it.

Dan shut it and picked it up, reaching behind Phil's neck and fastening it, letting it land just over Phil's heart.

Follow me for an adventure and I will always be there to follow.

There we are. They are back together and everything is happy :3 I hope that was worth the wait as I spent a lot of time on it (because it was like super long) and I made it extra cute so yeah, have an early Christmas present or something :)

Anyways there is only one chapter left (insert sad face) and it will be shorter as this was so long but then the adventure is over! But guess what? There will definitely be a sequel coming some time in the bearish future! I hope that makes you all happy :)

Anyways I must sleep as I have a French exam tomorrow (I'm gonna die)

Stay cute my erm cutie's!

Anni out!

*heelys off into the sunset on a rainbow*

(Also I changed all my story covers I think they are quite pretty what do you guys think?)