Chapter 16

Here, I throw this update your way!

"Well... This is awkward," Damian said in a low drawling voice, still staring at Phil, who was wriggling a little uncomfortably. Dan shot a look at his brother and pulled out a chair for Phil to sit on, who smiled graciously at Dan. He still didn't get how Dan hadn't thought mentioning that Damian was an identical twin, but they obviously didn't get on so he couldn't really say much because of that. Wow this was already complicated. Two Dan's. Two! It couldn't be all bad, could it?
"So Phil sweetie," Mrs Howell said, passing him a plate with a cheesy enchilada on it. "I am guessing you are in Dan's class at school and that's how you met,"
"Yeah, Dan decided to sit next to me which was a shock to everyone," Phil said, and Dan grinned at him.
"A gorgeous boy like you? Of course Dan wanted to sit next to you, he wouldn't shut up about you when he got home on his first day," his mum babbled.
"Mum shush," Dan moaned, sounding embarrassed.
"Honey at least the baby stories haven't come out yet, consider yourself lucky," Dan's mum reminded him, smiling cheekily, and Phil felt Dan's hand squeeze his thigh under the table. "But anyway Phil, tell me a little something about yourself," his mum continued.
"Well I share most of my classes with Dan and I really like art. I want to do it when I'm older, or media studies. I can be really shy and people always tease me because I act a lot younger than I am and hardly ever shut up about lions," Phil said, starting to eat his enchilada with the rest of the family.

"I think it's cute," Dan said, and kissed Phil's cheek, making him blush.
"You tease me the most about it," Phil pointed out, giving Dan a pointed look.
"Well... Yeah. But only because I think it's sweet and it's fun to make you blush," Dan replied.
"Aww," his mum cooed. Phil smiled at her and took a nervous glance over at Damian, who was still staring at him with a smirk, flicking his eyes up and down Phil's head and torso. He looked a little more at Damian and realised he wasn't quite the same as Dan, he had his ears pierced yes but had a stretcher instead of normal studs and his mouth was thinner, and there was no dimple when he smiled. Otherwise (minus the fashion choice of a checked shirt ripped at the shoulders getting rid of the sleeves- something Dan would hate) he was incredibly alike, it was almost scary.
"Phil, tell mum about what you are doing in art at the moment, it's really good!" Dan coaxed him, squeezing his thigh again in comfort.
"It's not that good I promise," Phil spoke to his mum. "I am doing a cartoon strip but on a huge piece of wood, but I need to finish sketching and then there is painting and everything. I just hope it looks good in the end,"
"It will, you're brilliant Phil, don't say otherwise," Dan told him sincerely, making Phil beam at him.

"You two are sweet," Damian said, but there was something in his cold voice which Phil wondered if it was fake or not. With the look Dan gave him Phil guessed it wasn't as true as it could be but they kept eating, pretending there wasn't an awkward tension in the air around them.

"Damian, do you go to our school? I've never seen you around," Phil tried, partially to stop the silence and partially as he wanted to know a little more and a few manners never hurt.
"I go to the school on the other side of town, it tends to my needs a little better than yours would, and then there isn't the confusion between me and my brother," Damian replied, giving Phil a half smile, glancing over at Dan before glueing his eyes back to Phil.
"Yeah, it works a lot better than it did last year," Dan said, the usual cheerfulness dropping from his voice as he spoke to Damian. They really didn't get on, Phil noted.
"So, Dan dear, how was your day?" His mum asked, trying to keep a smile in place.
"It was good, I made a bit of a scene after maths though," Dan said, flashing a smile to Phil who blushed.
"Oh dear, what did you do?" His mum said, though she was smiling from fondness.
"There are these girls in my maths class who won't stop flirting with me even though I said I was taken. So when they tried to get me to come to a party tonight I just told them I was busy and walked out, and I kinda French dipped Phil and kissed him full on. I think I few people noticed and stared for a bit," Dan said, blushing a little as he repeated it to his mother.
"Well as long as those girls stop I think it's sweet," his mum said. Phil caught Damian eyes and saw them raised in an unamused expression.
"Sounds so exciting," Damian said sarcastically, and Dan glared at him.
"You just don't get it because you don't understand what romance is," Dan replied, smiling falsely.
"Because it doesn't matter to me. I just find it dull, I hope you don't mind," Damian replied in the same tone.
"Maybe if you widened your views and didn't try and get off with almost everyone you meet you would understand and not find it dull," Dan replied, grinding his teeth a little.
"Boys, we all know you are different, stop pushing it," Jessica said sternly.
"Sorry mum," Dan mumbled, and Damian just grinned.

They finished their main and Dan started to clear the plates.
"I'll help you," Phil said, picking up his own and Jessica's.
"Thank you Phil, you're a real sweetie," Jessica gushed. She looked genuinely happy Phil was dating her son.
"He really is," Damian said thoughtfully, narrowing his eyes a little when he looked at Phil, as if there was something fake about him. Phil just decided to smile at him and followed Dan into the kitchen.
"I'm sorry about my brother," Dan said quietly.
"It's fine, he's not too bad," Phil replied, putting his plates down next to Dan's and wrapping his arms around his waist.
"You hardly know him. He drinks and smokes and has sex with randomers from parties every other night. And he has done some horrible stuff to me in the past," Dan said sadly.
"Dan love, don't worry. I won't let him affect me or you in any way, okay?" Phil said, kissing his cheek.
"I love you,"
"I love you too Danny,"

They walked back through to the kitchen and saw Damian had gone and Dan's mum standing up.
"Bear I have a cake in the oven so I will call you when it's out okay?" Dan's mum said, smiling at them both.
"Thanks mum," Dan said and they walked towards the stairs.
"Bear?" Phil asked, giggling.
"Family nickname," Dan said. "But it's better than most, I quite like it," he added as he took a few steps up the stairs.
"I do too," Phil said. "Hey, you know what that means?" Phil asked cheekily.
"What?"
"Danny bear," Phil said smirking.
"Oh god no. Give me any nickname as long as it's not that," Dan moaned.
"But Danny bear," Phil teased, dragging out the vowels.
"Eugh," Dan said, but grabbed Phil's hand and pulled him upstairs. Phil giggled and followed behind him, passing by Damian's open door, seeing him wink at him in passing. Or was it his imagination? Either way he just kept smiling, brushing it off, and followed Dan into his room, being pushed in first before Dan shut the door.
"Thank god, I have wanted to kiss you for ages," Dan said and pressed his lips against Phil's hungrily. Phil automatically grinned and slid his arms around Dan's neck, pulling him closer and feeling Dan's hands on his hips. He felt Dan tug him forwards until Dan jolted and fell backwards, making Phil fall on top of him with a squeak and a giggled, before reattaching their lips and sliding his tongue inside Phil's mouth. Phil tucked his feet under Dan's legs, moving one of his hands to Dan's hair and tugged on it lightly. Dan let out a little moan, making Phil pull back and raise his eyebrows, Dan blushing beneath him.

"Well someone likes making out," Phil said cheekily.
"Well then don't stop," Dan said back and moved a hand to Phil's neck, crashing his lips back onto his own. Phil smiled into the kiss before arching his back a little so he could get to Dan's lips more easily. He planted a few feather light kisses along Dan's jaw and one on his neck, hearing Dan's sharp intake of breath as Phil touched the sensitive skin and giggled, planting a few more before moving back to his lips, slipping his tongue in Dan's mouth. They heard a bang and broke apart to see Damian at the door grinning. Phil rolled off Dan and hid his face in Dan's shoulder, going scarlet.

"Phil, I must say, you look incredibly hot in that position," Damian said, smiling smugly and winking at Phil, who was peering out over Dan. At these words he hid his head again.
"Fuck off Damian," Dan said forcefully.
"Woah Dan, calm down, I don't mean anything by complimenting your boyfriend on his skills... And ass," Damian commented again.
"Get the fuck out of my room," Dan said again with even more force, pulling Phil closer to him and tightening his grip and his shoulder.
"Anyway I just came to say that mum says you should come down for cake," he said.
"Be down in a minute," Dan muttered.
"And Phil baby, if you want a little more than cake you know where to find me," he said cheekily before quickly walking out and shutting the door behind him.

Dan stared up at the ceiling, hardly moving, his grip still tight on Phil.
"Dan, are you okay?" Phil asked, moving his head away and staring into Dan's vacant face.
"No," Dan said softly. "No," he said more firmly. "No. No! NO!" He screamed, untangling himself from Phil and springing up, pacing around his room. He stopped by his table, frozen, then suddenly grabbed a can of lynx and hurled it across the room, letting out a strangled cry of anger and frustration.
"Dan, please calm down," Phil begged, getting off the bed and standing up nervously.
"I can't! I fucking can't!" He yelled, grabbing a book off his desk and flinging it at his book case, then a few pens came after. "He's doing it again. I'm gonna kill him!"
"Please Dan! What could he have done to make you like this?" Phil pleaded, catching Dan's hand and holding on tight to try and anchor him to something, to try and calm him down. Dan let out a shaky breath.
"He stole my last love, and now he's trying to get to you."

Okay well I only realised when editing this that two Dan's wouldn't be so bad and I had to stop myself from writing something that could have possibly gone though Phil's mind and I am shutting up now (I bet you were all thinking it too) before someone hits me.

Also am I the only one finding the newer wattpad iOSsomething weird to use? I miss the old one
:(

(( edit from like 2 minutes after: I get how to work it now and have fixed the scrolly thing I didn't like so it's all good now))

Anyways...

Keep salivating my salamanders!

Anni out!

*grows angel wings and flies around your house sprinkling glitter everywhere*