Chapyter 3

La la la la laaaaa let's develop some relationships yeah!

He waited, leaning outside the door, hoping Dan would appear soon. He looked at his watch and decided to peer his head around the door. Dan was surrounded by the popular kids, looking almost like he belonged there and Phil sighed. He had lost him already. He turned to go but heard Dan say something behind him.

"Sorry guys I have to dash my friend is waiting," he said and Dan was quickly at his side. "You were going?" He asked worriedly.

"I thought you were happy with them," Phil said a little sadly.

"Phil I said I didn't want to be friends with them, they just kinda jumped on me. I'm truly glad you saved me," he explained, grinning as Phil's smile came back.

"You ready for lunch? I have already stopped by the lockers, you don't need to right?" Phil checked. He kept almost forgetting Dan was new.

"No I'm good. Which way to the canteen? I'm starving," Dan asked, rubbing his flat stomach.

"It's down a few corridors. And you're gonna meet Chris and Pj. They are a bit full on at first and Chris's humour is a little weird but you will like them I'm sure," Phil told him as he opened the big double doors exiting the maths department.

"I'll be fine. They sound a lot like you so I'm sure they will be lovely," Dan said and Phil's cheeks went pink.

"Thanks." Phil said as they approached the blue doors to the canteen. They stepped inside and joined the queue, ignoring the cat calls aimed at Dan who mock shuddered in horror at Phil. He hoped Dan wouldn't get taken away from him, he really liked him. Liked him liked him.

But already? Phil, you need to sort your shit out, you barely know him. Yet.

"So Phil, what's good to eat?" Dan asked him.

"Whatever you want. I think today is pizza so I know what I'm having," Phil said.

"Ew pizza. I'm just gonna have a salad," Dan said seriously.

"You don't like pizza?" Phil asked, a little shocked. That wasn't right. Maybe Dan just didn't eat much, or couldn't have fatty foods. Maybe he was dieting? No, this boy was perfect, he didn't need to lose weight at all! Dan's face grew into a grin as he watched Phil's reaction.

"Kidding Phil. I love pizza, how could i not? I don't think I have had a salad ever in my life," Dan told him.

"Oh thank god," Phil said clutching his heart. "I thought we wouldn't be able to be friends," he joked, sticking his tongue out at Dan.

"That's a bit extreme,"

"Pizza is a serious topic,"

"That is incredibly true," Dan said as they reached the serving dishes. He picked up a pair of tongues and put a slice of pizza on his plate, then Phil's. He added chips to his own then handed the spoon to Phil.

"Thanks," Phil said as he put a generous amount on his own plate. He walked over and swiped his card, telling the dinner lady Dan was new and she swiped it again.

Phil led the way to a table in the corner holding two boys, both laughing and punching each others arms.

"Chris, Pj, stop flirting and meet Dan. Dan, this is Chris and Pj," Phil said, first pointing to a sandy haired boy with a cheeky grin and then to a boy with dark curls and bright green eyes.

"Yeah, Chris wishes we were flirting," Pj said, and Chris shot Phil a small sad look before placing his grin back on his face. He stood up and circled Dan, making a few approving and disapproving noises as he went.