Chapter 24

Bit shorter than usual but oh well, it is needed.

Dan was alone when Phil opened the door in the morning.
"Hey Dan, is Damian not coming in today?" Phil asked.
"No," Dan asked smiling. "He went ahead so I can spend some time with you," he said cheerfully.
"That's sweet," Phil smiled.
"Yeah," Dan agreed, pecking his lips before taking his hand and starting on their way to school.
"How are you feeling bear?" Phil asked, making it a bit clearer he was asking about how he was with the whole Damian thing.
"Not actually that bad. He was alright last night, we talked fine over dinner and my mum looked over the moon. He is being quite decent really and it's a nice change," Dan told him.
"Good," Phil said happily. "Chris and Pj seem to like him too which is also good," he commented.
"Yeah. The only weird thing is that he keeps going out. I asked him where he was going last night and he said he was going to the park, is that a bit weird or is it me being paranoid again?" Dan asked.
"I wouldn't say it was weird. I go to the park sometimes when I just want to think, like I did when I broke my leg- It's okay I stay away from the swings- and it's just nice," Phil explained.

"Maybe you will see him around then," Dan said weirdly, looking away from Phil.
"Hey, talking about parks, do you want to come with me after school today?" Phil asked, nudging Dan slightly with his arm, suddenly feeling all shy.
"I would love to lion paws," Dan said, turning and smiling at him again. "Thanks for letting me into your secret world," he added quietly.
"You're already part of it," Phil said back.
"You're so cheesy sometimes, but I love it," Dan said and kissed his cheek, making Phil feel almost as if he was flying. Wow he felt really cliche today.

"Hey Phil do you know where this room is? Because I'm not with Chris and Pj for maths and obviously not Dan so i was wondering where it was," Damian asked, handing Phil his time table.
"Oh you are with me for maths, just walk with me," he said while they stood by the lockers.
"Thanks," Damian said, flashing him another smile. Dan came around the corner and kissed Phil's cheek before rummaging in his locker to find his book.
"Phil do you want me to walk you to maths?" Dan asked him sweetly.
"No it's fine love," Phil said happily.
"Okay," Dan said more uncertainly. "Damian do you know where you are for maths?" He wondered, looking a little edgy.
"Yeah, I'm in Phil's class,"
"Oh."

"Dame can you just give us a moment please?" Phil asked and Damian nodded nervously and walked a little down the corridor. Dan was looking very apprehensive already. "Right, Dan, are you okay with this? We can sit away from each other if you want. But remember, nothing is ever going to happen between us," Phil told him worriedly.
"Sorry, and yeah it's fine. Sit next to him if you want. I will see you after okay?" Dan said hastily, his eyes darting around a little. He quickly smiled and walked away, pushing through the double doors and out of sight. Phil bit his lip nervously. No goodbye kiss. Again.
"Phil, are you okay?" He heard Damian say behind him. He put on a weak smile and turned around.
"Of course. Do you want to go?" He asked. Damian raised his eyebrows and crossed his arms.
"Phil. We are not moving until you tell me what's wrong," Damian said sternly. Phil sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"I know he doesn't want us to be in this class, he's worried still and I know he is, even if he was trying to hide it. No goodbye kiss when he left like before and this whole thing is already weird because of me seeing you outside of school and Dan doesn't even know and it is all just all horrible and messy and everyone is going to get hurt," Phil blurted, his cheeks rising in colour as he got more flustered. He opened his locker quickly and buried his head in it, concentrating on breathing to try and stop himself getting really worked up about it.
"Phil," he heard Damian say anxiously and felt his hand on his shoulder. "We can stop seeing each other outside of school if you want, we can text and stuff which is completely fine. We don't have to sit together this lesson and then Dan won't worry okay?"
"No." Phil said almost instantly. "I don't abandon my friends. I think as long as Dan doesn't see us outside of school and we don't act as close as we are inside school it will be fine. Sorry I am just stressed that Dan is going to get to the state of paranoia where he ends up breaking up with me to save the pain," Phil sighed, shaking his head a little.
"He loves you too much for that. Now have a quick hug as you need one and no one is around as they are all in maths okay?" Damian told him and Phil gratefully wrapped his arms around Damian.
"Thank you," he mumbled into Damian's shoulder, breathing in the scent of his shirt.
"Anytime. Now let's go. Just say you were showing me around or something so we don't get killed," he said, smiling and pulling away.
"Thank god I have you to keep me sane," Phil told him and Damian smiled wider, a small glint in his eye.
"Come on, I hate maths but I suppose we should turn up," he said and Phil led the way, making up an excuse before sliding into his seat and Damian sitting next to him.

The lesson went quite quickly having Damian next to him. It was nice chatting and laughing loudly while they struggled through endless equations and algebra and by the end they had given up. When it was a few minutes until the bell rang for the next lesson Phil nudged Damian while the teacher was talking and gestured with his head towards the clock, sending Damian the hint they needed to act like they didn't know each other much, more refined and polite, rather than Damian coming up with idiotic curse words he was sure would catch on.

Once the bell had rang everyone started packing up their things and Damian was smiling a little as he shoved his pen into his back pocket.
"One day that is going to break in your pocket and you will have an inky bum," he giggled.
"You are like 5," Damian told him and Phil pouted.
"Only telling the truth," he said. He looked over at the door and saw Dan just walking up to the edge, smiling softly at him. Phil walked over to him straight away with Damian walking behind him.
"I forgot this when I left earlier," Dan told Phil and placed his hands on the side of his cheeks and pulled him in for a quick, passionate kiss. Phil was a little shocked and slightly uncomfortable but kissed back anyway, soon drifting into the kiss. Dan pulled away and grinned again. "Oh and this is for 'hello',"he said and pecked Phil quickly.
"Hello to you too," Phil replied, smiling happily.
"Hey Damian, do you know what you have next? We have English, you will probably have it too," Dan said, seeming like he was trying to shove him away, which made Phil frown slightly.
"Yeah I do, but I know where I am going as it is just over there," he said pointing. "See you later guys," he said and then walked off quickly, Dan shooting him a small smug look after.

"Are you stating your claim again?" Phil asked, raising his eyebrows.
"Maybe. That and I am sorry I forgot to kiss you earlier, my mind wandered," Dan told him. "Now come on, let's go and make snide comments at girls who are in love with Sir," Dan said and Phil automatically laughed, talking his hand and setting off in the opposite direction.

"Can I show you where I used to go when I was little?" Phil asked as they walked through the park entrance.
"Of course love, I want to see where tiny Phil used to go," Dan replied, kissing his cheek.
"Okay, come on then, through this tree bit," Phil said, tugging on his hand and leading Dan towards the more foresty area. He walked them around the edge of it and then stopped at a row of bushes.
"Is this is?" Dan asked uncertainly.
"No silly, are you okay with a bit of crawling?" Phil asked cheekily.
"But my jeans will get dirty,"
Dan whined.
"Okay then will see you later," Phil said, pecking his cheek and getting down on hands and knees, crawling through a small gap in the bushes, smirking. And in 3...2...1...
"Phil wait," he heard Dan say after a few seconds and Phil heard rustling behind him, making him let out a tiny laugh. He continued down the small tunnel until he came out into a wider area and lay down, waiting for Dan to appear. He came through a few seconds later with his mouth hanging open.
"It's just like My neighbour Totoro!" Dan said excitedly.
"I know! Why do you think I love it so much?" Phil asked giggling.

Dan crawled beside him and lay beside him, just staring up at the gap through the bushes and seeing the sun stream through the trees.
"I have never really been open at telling people about this place. I feel it's kinda mine and private. Sometimes when I was younger I would come here when I felt sad or lonely, and somehow, it made everything okay," Phil sad quietly.
"I'm glad I am the first to have come here with you. But you know I am always around if you feel sad or lonely," Dan said, and he took Phil's hand, entwining their fingers together.

Phil smiled at him, but Dan hadn't been the first one to see his special place. Damian had found him here before. Phil had had a bit of a bad day so had gone to the park and Damian must have been there and followed him into his special hide away. Phil had told them why he was there and they chatted for a while making Phil feel a lot better. But Phil could hardly tell Dan that.

"Thanks Dan. You know how much you mean to me right? I would never swap you for anyone," Phil said, rolling over and pecking his cheek.

Maybe he could tell Dan about Damian, it seemed like he could be okay with it. And at the moment dan just seemed so relaxed he wouldn't take it so badly. Then Phil wouldn't have to keep lying to him. He was going to do it.

"I love you," Dan replied and kissed him back.
"I love you and only you, you believe me when I say that right?" Phil added.
"Of course I do," Dan said, staring into his eyes.
"Well-" but Phil was cut off my Dan pressing his lips against his own. He couldn't stop himself from melting into the kiss. And to be honest, it was fine that Dan didn't know about Damian, and what he didn't know wouldn't kill him anyway. He was just going to enjoy the moment.

So, let's just say the next chapter is going to get a bit... Juicey ;) but not in that way (probably).

Also (this will sound really weird) but I half based Damian on Dan (of course) but I realised in a dream who he looks like to me. This is the weird bit, but if you have ever seen dan's porn double (oh yeah, there is a porn person who looks like Dan [and one who looks like Phil!] so if you are new to this fandom then this might make more sense) then he looks like him! So like really really hot. Hot dayum in simple terms.

That was really weird ignore that if you don't get why I am on about and don't judge me for this because that's what this fandom is.

Anyways

Dress funky my fried eggs!

Anni out!

*salsas up to you and makes you join in*