CHAPTER 29

This is gonna be from Dan's POV okay? Okay.

Dan had hardly left his room for the rest of that day. And the next. He did enough to stop his mum from worrying but avoided as many people as he could. How could he face them? He had broken the heart of the most perfect person in the world, he deserved to feel alone. He didn't want to feel loved unless it was from Phil, and he had lost all chance of that ever happening again. When was the last time he ate? Yesterday morning? Maybe he should eat something or try and sleep, he could barely stand up he was so exhausted, and he was already lying down anyway. He should sleep. He switched off the light and pulled the covers over him, closing his eyes and trying desperately not to think of Phil. He felt his eyelids get heavier and his mind drift off, and he was finally asleep...

"Bear wake up." Dan's eyes fluttered open and he saw Phil lying next to him, smiling sweetly.
"Phil," Dan breathed and Phil giggled.
"No, I'm called Marvin," Phil joked and Dan grinned. Phil leant forwards and pecked his lips slowly and Dan felt a tear fall down his cheek. Phil was his again. They pulled apart and Dan couldn't stop smiling, Phil beaming back at him. Dan realised he was in Phil's room, only just noticing the brightly colour pillows, he had been too focused on the beautiful boy in front of him.

"Phil, you know I'm sorry right?" Dan asked, looking into his eyes, running his thumb along the soft skin of his cheek.

"Shush, don't worry, everything is fine," Phil told him, placing his thumb over Dan's lips to keep him quiet.
"But what about Damian?" Dan mumbled and Phil smiled sadly.
"I liked him but, he wasn't quite you. A friend rather than a lover and I should have realised that sooner, I'm sorry," Phil said, tracing the outline of his lips with a fingertip.
"No I'm sorry, I was the person who started this whole thing-" Dan said but Phil cut him off with a short kiss.
"We're back together now. Nothing else matters okay?" Phil said and Dan leaned in and kissed him back.
"Okay," Dan replied and Phil smiled again, pressing his lips back against Dan's. Dan had missed Phil's lips so much, and his eyes, and hands and just everything about him. He knew although he was 17 and people would say he's too young to think like this realistically he wanted to spend the rest of his life with Phil, whether it was just lying here with him or even adopting children. Phil was his soulmate and no one could tell him otherwise. There was simply no one who would ever compare.

"I love you Phil," Dan told Phil and stared into his eyes. Phil smile dropped and he looked sad, brushing away his fringe gently.

"I know."

Dan woke up. Of fucking course it had been a dream. He let out a frustrated scream and hit his head against his pillow, rolling over and shoving his face into it, screaming loudly and hitting it with his fists. It wasn't fair! All he wanted was his Phil back and it was all he couldn't have. This was all bullshit and all his fault and all shit. Fucking fucking shit.

He heard his phone vibrating on his bedside table as he got a call. He groaned and rolled over, grabbing his phone, not bothering to look at the caller ID.
"Hello," he said groggily.
"Hey Dan, me and Chris are going into town, do you and Phil want to come with us?" Pj's chirpy voice said. Dan felt the tears rise to his eyes as he mentioned Phil and he let out a small sob. They didn't know. "Dan are you okay?"
"No," he managed to choke out. "Phil and I broke up,"
"Shit I'm so sorry should we come over?"
"No I don't deserve sympathy," Dan said bitterly.
"Right we are definitely coming, will see you in about ten minutes, please have some clothes on when we get there," Pj said finally and cut off the call. Dan sighed and stood up. He was in his boxers and Phil's shirt still, it half hanging off him as he had left it open. He bumbled through to the bathroom and stood in the shower for a few minutes, hardly bothering to move before stepping out and drying himself, wrapping the towel around his waist and stumbling back through to his room, his hair dripping as it curled messily on his forehead. He pulled on clean boxers and sweatpants, then as Phil's shirt still smelt like Phil he pulled it back on and did up a few buttons, giving up and rubbing his hair with his towel before hanging it over his door to dry. He sprayed some deodorant on himself as his form of effort and heard the doorbell go.

He shuffled downstairs and opened the door to see Pj and Chris holding hands but looking sad as soon as they saw Dan's crumpled face.
"Shit you look like you need a hug," Chris said and instantly dropped Pj's hand and pulled him into a bear hug. Dan smiled a little bit and pulled away after a few seconds, getting dragged into a hug by Pj almost instantly instead.
"Guys I'm fine," Dan said, chuckling slightly even though he was lying.
"No you're not stop lying," Chris told him firmly and Dan nodded and smiled sadly, turning and walking back upstairs with them following. He sat heavily on his bed and crossed his legs, Chris and Pj doing the same.
"Now Dan, what happened?" Pj asked, patting Dan's shoulder lightly.
"Phil and Damian," he muttered and dropped his head, resting his head in his hands.
"What? Are they together now?" Chris said confusedly. "And what again‽"
"Yeah," Dan said quietly. They sat in silence for a few seconds before Chris spoke up.
"For gods sake Dan just tell us what happened we need more context to understand this okay?" He burst out and Pj shot him a look but then gave a more gentle one to Dan.
"Go from the beginning," he told Dan.

"Phil was getting kinda close to Damian, I saw it when I was waiting outside his maths room and they were being all laughy and kinda flirty but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and didn't say anything and tried not to go all paranoid. He came back to my house on Friday and Damian's girlfriend who none of us knew he had turned up. It was Amy, the girl I had loved that Damian had stolen from me a year a go, remember her?Anyway she has moved up here and her and Damian ended up going out because they met up or something but anyway everything was all fine and she was pretty cool about everything. We hung out for the rest of the evening but when Phil left he gave Damian hug but it didn't look friendly to me, it looked like more. I think it snapped something in me and I got jealous and paranoia slipped in and once he had left I saw Amy out in the hallway and then suddenly I was kissing her. Then Damian came up the stairs and I think my brain had planned to do what he did to me back but then Phil was behind him. I saw him break down and then he ran. Amy had thought I was Damian but he ended it with her and I can't blame him I know how shit it feels and I had just done it to Phil for gods sake. She left and then Damian grabbed a jacket and put on his shoes and I hadn't been able to do anything I just felt so numb but I managed to ask him where he was going.

He said he was going after Phil and I asked why because I thought he hardly knew him. Damian said he did and to check Phil's phone as that's why he had come back and that I was a little shit for doing what I did to someone I loved, and I knew I was. But I was angry and told him he didn't know what it was like to love someone and he said he did, and that that person had just ran out the house. He was in love with Phil and chased after him. I collapsed in the hallway, I can't remember what happened but I got drunk and threw up a lot. I had no idea what to do. I checked through his phone and they had texted a lot with kisses and stuff from months ago like not too long after we had started dating! I don't know what happened with Phil and Damian while I was drunk but Damian came back a day ago to get Phil's phone and I asked him where he had been and he was wearing Phil's shirt for christ's sake and we started yelling and when I said I just wanted Phil back he told me I was too late, because Phil was with him now, then left. My heart broke for the second time then." Tears started to slip out of his eyes and Pj quickly put his arm around Dan and squeezed his shoulders, gesturing for him to go on if he could. Dan tried, but it came out broken with his tiny hiccups.

"Later in the evening I saw Phil in the hallway and broke down in front of him again and begged him to take me back, telling him how I loved him and needed him. Which I do so much. So so much. Like how you two love each other. I am in love with him. He looked all confused but then Damian came up the stairs and Phil walked back over to him and said he was sorry but he couldn't. Damian started speaking but I got angry and pinned him down and punched him a lot and Damian kicked me and then Phil stood in front of him to stop us fighting. He yelled which was terrifying and then asked if we were both okay and I know he still at least cares a little for me because he is so fucking perfect and I said I was sorry for hurting Damian and Phil lifted my chin and said he was sorry too for not being able to take me back but I had hurt him. I am such a fucking idiot really and I get why he doesn't want me back I have messed everything up and I shouldn't exist. He was about to go but I asked him if I could kiss him one last time and he said okay, after asking Damian if it was okay and he kissed me and I felt the spark you are meant to and I am pretty sure he must have too but he went back off with Damian and now my heart is just not working at all."

Dan's tears were flowing more freely and Pj squeezed him tightly as Dan leant his head into Pj's arm, wailing loudly. He felt so weak and just alone, even when he knew there were people here to help.
"Dan I hate to say it but you are a real idiot," Chris said, but he gave Dan a small smile at the end to show he was still fine with him, keeping the tone light.
"I know," Dan said and sniffed, trying to stop the tears, but it was hard.
"Hey, do you want us to talk to Phil, see if there's any chance of you guys getting back together?" Pj asked him and Dan sniffed, he was all cried out, but nodded. "Is that good with you Chris?" He added.
"Yeah, I hate seeing you looking so, no offence, shit, Dan," Chris told him. "And I know I would be feeling the same if Pj ever left me," he added quietly and Pj sent him a heartfelt look. Chris sent him a small smile and Pj checked Dan was okay before letting go of him and pecking Chris on the lips.
"I'm not leaving you ever okay? I love you," Pj told him quietly and kissed him again.
"I love you too," Chris said and Pj grinned and put his arm back around Dan.
"Now what can we do to cheer you up? And when did you last eat because I'm hungry and you look thinner than usual?" Pj told him, trying to get him to smile a bit.
"Been checking me out have you?" Dan said, smirking a little and Chris shoved him.
"You may be heart broken but you can still make jokes and passes at my boyfriend. Come on, let's have some bacon, it makes everything a little bit better," Chris said. "Meat does that,"
"I thought it was chocolate,"
"It's the manly version of chocolate," Chris said and Pj rolled his eyes.

"I'll cook, I don't want you burning down his house," Pj chuckled and Chris pouted.
"Hey I'm not that bad,"
"Peej please cook," Dan begged and they all laughed. It was a nice feeling.

They went down to the kitchen and Pj put on some music and started frying the bacon.
"Do you always need music to cook?" Chris asked as he said Pj shaking his hips a little to the music he put on.
"You can't say you don't like it," Pj said, throwing a wink Chris's way and shaking his hips a bit more.
"Yeah I can't," Chris said, grabbing Pj and turning him to face him, taking his hand and spinning him around, putting him in hold and waltzing him around the kitchen before dipping him and pecking his lips, even though it didn't fit the music. They all laughed and Pj checked the bacon quickly.
"I didn't know you could dance Chris," Dan said, a little shock at where that had come from.
"Is no one surprised I can dance?" Pj asked, sounding slightly miffed.
"Not really, you are that type. Do you get what I mean?" Chris asked.
"I do. But you aren't Chris, seriously, how do you know?" Dan said.
"Okay, don't laugh... But I really like Strictly Come Dancing and when I was little I took ballroom dance classes," he rushed, going bright red.
"Okay, sometimes you are too cute," Pj told him and Chris made a whiny noise and hid his face in his hands. Dan just burst out laughing.
"I'm sorry, I can't help it, it's just really funny and I don't know why," Dan laughed, almost doubling over he was laughing so much.
"Shut up. At least me and Pj can dance properly at prom," Chris said huffily.
"Are you asking me to the winter prom?" Pj asked, smiling shyly at him.
"Shit I was going to do it all romantically and crap why do I do this?" Chris said, annoyed at himself.
"I don't care hell yeah I am going to prom with you!" Pj said excitedly, kissing Chris passionately.

"You guys are gonna have fun tonight," Dan muttered cheekily and Pj looked around, bright red.
"Shut up," he said and hid his face in Chris's arm. He turned around and checked the bacon again, realising it was done and grabbing a plate to put it on. "Sandwiches?" He asked and Chris and Dan nodded.

Chris took Dan slightly further away and looked at him, concerned.
"Er Dan are we being a bit too coupley for you? Like do you want us to stop as I don't want to upset you and make you all sad now you have started to cheer up a bit?" Chris asked him worriedly.
"If it was anyone else it would be really horrible, but, it's you two. With you guys it's fine, and I don't get why but I think it kind of gives me hope or something. But don't feel like you have to hold back your gooeyness for me, kiss him as much as you want, I will still complain as usual but I really don't mind," Dan told him, smiling genuinely.
"That's good, thank you Danny," Chris said and patted his shoulder, making kissy faces at him, making Dan laugh. They turned back to Pj who was making the sandwiches and Chris wrapped his arms around his waist, nabbing a sandwich from him and taking a bite. "Mmmm Pj you are a chef," he told him.
"Calm down with the sex noises, I could make a porno movie very easily," Dan joked, taking a sandwich too.
"Yeah, Chris tastes Pj's meat, not a bad title ey?" Chris said and pecked Pj's cheek as he went red.
"I'd pay to see it," Dan said and winked.
"Shut up you idiots," Pj told them, blushing darker, and Chris grabbed his ass making him jump, making Chris and Dan laugh. "I hate you guys," he mumbled, taking a bite of his sandwich but Chris pecked his cheek again and a small smile spread onto his lips.

"So Chris now I have finished laughing do you think you could teach me how to dance?" Dan asked a little more shyly.
"Sure, we'll need more room because you're clumsy so once we have eaten I will show you," Chris told him and Dan scowled at him but shoved more food into his mouth.

They moved into Dan's front room, pushing the sofa and chairs as far back as they could go and standing awkwardly in the middle.
"I'm gonna lead you okay? Just so you can get the basic steps okay?" Chris told him.
"Okay," Dan said and put his hand on Chris's shoulder and took his hand with the other.
"Dan before you start don't steal my boyfriend okay," Pj said defensively and Chris smiled at him reassuringly.
"I won't I promise," Dan said, removing a hand and crossing his heart.
"Okay what you do is you step back with your left foot, then move your write foot back to meet it but don't put it down and move it in an L shape to the right. Does that make sense?" Chris asked.
"Kinda," Dan said.
"Okay follow my lead. Left foot back," he instructed. Dan did what he said and looked back up at Chris, checking if it was right. "Now do the L thing." Dan followed and looked back up, seeing Chris smiling. "Good. Now step forward with your right and do the L thing with your left foot," Chris told him and he followed. "Good now again,"

They kept doing this until Chris got tired and made Pj swap with him, grumbling as Dan had stepped on his feet quite a few times (he had apologised at least).
"Should we put on some soppy music?" Chris asked.
"Yeah go for it," Dan said.
"Peej can I have your phone?"
"Are you saying my music is soppy?"
"No I'm saying out of all of us you will have something we can waltz to and is less likely to have words,"
"Which is soppy?"
"Just give me your phone,"
"Come and get it,"
"Shouldn't have said that," Chris winked and came up behind Pj, who was still in hold with Dan) and slid his hands cheekily around his waist, running them down his hips before sliding them into his pockets of his skinny jeans, retrieving his phone after placing a small kiss to his neck. Pj swallowed and blushed and Dan suppressed a laugh. They kept practicing while Chris looked for music on his phone before he smiled and placed it in Dan's speakers and pressing play. A grin spread over Pj's face and he moved away from Dan.
"Not to be rude Dan but can I have this dance with Chris? It's kind of a thing I have always wanted to do," he said, blushing again.
"Yeah, sure," Dan said, his heart melting slightly and he swapped places with Chris and started the song again.

Dan stared as they started to dance, moving unnaturally gracefully for both of them, Chris spinning Pj around the room and gazing into his eyes as they danced, smiles cemented to their faces. They floated around the floor, feet in only socks but sliding so delicately as they moved, dipping and swirling gently in perfect sync. It was just honestly beautiful.

The song was only a few minutes long but it ended a lot sooner than any of the people in the room wanted it to. When they music stopped and Pj was brought back into Chris's arms Dan actually had to leave the room he was so close to crying. It had been so beautiful and honestly, he wished he had Phil to do that with. But he wasn't jealous, just in longing for the love of his life. He wiped his eyes quickly and walked back into the room where Chris and Pj were just breaking apart from their kiss and Chris was wiping a tear off Pj's cheek.

"Guys this sounds incredibly camp that was really cute and beautiful and I hate you," Dan said and they all grinned.
"I love you," Chris whispered to Pj.
"I love you too."

"Do you guys want to spend the night?" Dan asked.
"Well we're both free so yes please," Pj said and Chris nodded enthusiastically.
"I'll text Damian to see if he's coming home tonight or not," Dan said frowning a little and pulling out his phone, really hoping he wouldn't be because he couldn't face Phil again. Just not yet.
"I'll text him if you want," Pj told him awkwardly.
"No it's fine," Dan said bravely.

Dame are you coming home tonight?

No I'm not why?

Chris and Pj are sleeping over and thanks

"He's not coming, probably staying over at Phil's," Dan tried to shrug but coughed a little on a sob rising in his throat.
"Well you have two people so you are more popular," Chris told him and they went into a random group hug, Dan sniffing away the tears and smiling at them.
"Thanks guys, for everything."

Plot twist: phil breaks up with both of them and runs away to become a mongoose trainer at a circus??! -mimimiaow

Can I do this idea? I like this idea.

I HAVE GONE UP ANOTHER K SINCE THE LAST CHAPTER GUYS STOP IT'S TOO

MUCH THIS ISN'T THAT GOOD NOPE *DYING*

Also if you were wondering what music it was it isn't a song it's some music from Harry Potter. (Type in when Harry kisses Ginny into YouTube) I like movie music okay and it's pretty. (Also on movie music I love type in define dancing from WALL•E as that's so pretty too and imagine flying to it like seriously)

Guys I really want to do a sequel for this story as there aren't too many chapters left and I am gonna sound like a real softie (do people still say softie? If not can I bring it back? That and swish) and say I don't want to end this story as i really like the characters so if you have any ideas for a sequel then please tell me (please help me even if it's like just a word).

Anyways

Stay juicy my moosey(s) *internally mooses*

Anni out!

*hugs you and gives you flowers or food for being awesome then flies away through your window*