Chapter 23

Yeah I don't know who long it takes to fix legs but Phil's is all better now so yeah. Maybe he is magical or something who knows but just go with it and remember Phil has normal legs now.

"You did what?" Dan asked angrily.
"I transferred here," Damian repeated, looking nervous but holding his ground. Phil grabbed Dan's arm but he shook him off. Phil looked over at Chris and Pj who were holding each other and looking terrified. This was not good.
"Why the fuck are you here? You were at the other school for a reason," Dan almost growled and Phil stood up.
"Dan, please calm down," Phil begged, clutching his arm but Dan threw him off again.
"Dan, I know you aren't happy with me being here without telling you and I'm sorry but-"
"Fucking save it," Dan spat.
"Dan please," Phil pleaded desperately but he didn't listen.
"No Phil. I can't be around him any longer!" He shouted and stormed away towards the field.

"Shit," Damian cursed under his breath.
"I know. I need to go after Dan. Chris, Pj, please stay with Damian. Talk about whatever shit you want and I will explain all the confusing bits when I get back, okay?" Phil told them and they nodded, giving Damian small smiles. Damian nodded in thanks and Phil ran towards where Dan had paced off to.

He raced to the edge of the field, ignoring weird glances from people around him and walked quickly onto the edge, staring around for him. He walked further down and saw a flash of black against the green right at the bottom. He ran over to it and saw Dan hugging his knees, facing away from Phil and at the trees instead, his shoulders shaking. Phil sat down beside him and put an arm around his shoulder. Dan threw it off yet again but Phil put it back, holding tight. Some well chosen words would be good here, and Phil knew exactly what Dan would respond best to.
"I love you Dan, you don't have to hide anything from me," Phil said quietly and Dan instantly broke down, crying into Phil loudly. He couldn't help it. Everything was just so messed up and he couldn't handle having the problem with him even more than it was. Phil held him and made shushing noises trying to sooth him a little, rubbing little patterns onto his back while Dan breathed a little more easily.
"I... I love you too Phil," Dan stuttered, and closed his eyes, just resting his head on Phil's shoulder. "I'm really sorry I shouted at you. I was just so angry. I didn't mean to hurt you," Dan said sadly, looking up at Phil will glassy eyes, a few tears still wet on his cheeks.
"It's fine love, now talk to me. We can make this all work out I promise. Now just tell me what you're thinking,"

"I'm thinking I don't know if I can handle him being here. Not after what he did," Dan said bitterly.
"Dan, I know what he did was unforgivable, but how long ago was it?" Phil asked, keeping his voice calm and continued rubbing small circles on his back.
"About a year,"
"Which is some time. Dan, do you not think he might have changed a little since then?" Phil said.
"Not really, considering he is after you too," Dan said sadly.
"Dan he is not after me! And I have been to your house plenty of times while he has been there and he hasn't done or said anything. And I haven't noticed him smoking recently and you haven't complained about him bringing back people after parties. I think he may have changed, and might regret what he did. You are his brother, and I think he wants you back," Phil told him.
"But even if he has changed, what if it's all part of an act to get me on good terms and then destroy me again?" He asked worriedly.
"But what if he actually wants to be a good person?" Phil quipped.
"I don't know. It just doesn't seem very him," Dan said, chewing his lip.
"But as you said, you hardly speak and aren't on good terms. He seems like he is trying to be nicer to you, but as you hardly speak civilly how do you know if he is still like that? Dan, please at least give him a try," Phil begged. "I just want you to be happy," he added quietly.

Dan sat in silence for a few minutes, looking thoughtful still.
"Look, think about it. I am going to go and explain to Chris and Pj what has been going on so come and find us when you have decided okay? And if you don't decide by the end of lunch then meet me at the art block," Phil told him and pecked his cheek, stoking back his hair gently before standing up and walking back towards the tree, leaving Dan silent behind him.

When he got closer he saw Damian sitting opposite Chris and Pj and they were all smiling and laughing. Phil couldn't help but smile at this, Dan couldn't freeze him out so much if Chris and Pj had nothing against him. Mind, Phil still hadn't explained what had happened, so only time would tell. Well a few minutes.
"Hey guys," Phil said when he was close enough, hearing them laugh.
"How's Dan?" Pj asked.
"Thinking. Damian can I tell them what has happened so they understand why Dan is so... Well how he is?" Phil asked.
"Of course," Damian said, but tensed up a little. Phil sat down next to him and cleared his throat.

"About a year ago Dan fell in love with a girl. She was his girlfriend and he really did love her. Damian was a lot different back then to how he is now, he drank and smoked and was a pretty horrible person, no offence Dame," Phil told them, directing the last bit at Damian.
"No it's fine, I was disgusting," Damian said ruefully.
"Anyway, he kept flirting with Dan's girlfriend and she said she didn't like Damian like that, but one day Dan went into Damian's room to ask to borrow something, and they were making out. Dan was heartbroken. Not long after that Damian broke up with the girl, leaving her confused and Dan heartbroken. They haven't been on good terms since." Phil explained.

Chris let out a long breath and sighed.
"Shit mate," he said to Damian.
"I know. I hate myself for doing that, I don't even know why I did," Damian replied sadly. "But I really have changed now, I'm not like that, and I want my brother back,"
"Dan is also worried Damian is going to do the same with me, which I have told him is idiotic as I love him, but he is still a bit paranoid which is another reason he isn't sure about letting him back into his life," Phil added.
"Double shit," Pj said.
"I know, but I promise I am not doing that. I want to be a better guy and hang out with people like the real me, like you guys. I couldn't do that at my old school and I left my 'friends' who had encouraged me to smoke and have sex as much as possible. They bullied me after I went, I got best up a few times but they were clever and made sure it wouldn't show on my face so they could get away with it. So I asked my mum if I could move here and they gave me a place. I didn't want to tell Dan because I guessed he might do what he did, but I just really want to be able to be myself and not get hurt for it," he said truthfully. Phil's eyes widened at Damian saying how he got bullied and caught the urge to hug him. "If Dan accepts me is it okay if I hang out with you guys, if it's cool with Dan of course?" Damian asked.

"It's fine with me," Pj decided after a few seconds.
"You laughed at my accents, of course it's fine," Chris said smiling.
"And it's totally fine with me but remember Dan won't want us talking that much," Phil said.
"I know, but it's not like I would do anything. I know how much Dan loves you," Damian said pointedly, but something flashed over his eyes for a second before returning to their usual dark brown.
"We will leave it up to Dan okay?" Phil asked him.
"Mmm..." He said worriedly.

Right on cue Dan came walking back from the field, shoulders hunched and looking droopy. Phil chewed his lip nervously but Damian stood up.
"Dan. I am so sorry about what I did to you and Amy, I don't know why I did it but if I could take literally everything I did back I would. I really have changed and I promise I am not like that anymore. I swear on my life I am not trying to do what I did to Amy with Phil. He is yours and I understand that. Please can I be your brother again?" Damian said, looking almost like he could collapse. There was silence for a while, everyone looking at Dan to see what he decided.
"Okay," he said finally, it barely coming out in a whisper.
"Really?" Damian said hopefully.
"Yeah, really," he said and gave him a weak smile. "And I might not have met Phil if you hadn't done what you did so I'm sort of glad if you get me?" Dan said and Phil stood up and hugged him.
"I'm so proud of you," he whispered and pulled away grinning.

"Well ain't this all lovely," Chris said loudly with a strong Texan accent, making everyone laugh. The bell went and they stood up, all ready to go to lessons.
"Guys where the hell am I meant to go?" Damian asked worriedly. Phil took his timetable and smiled.
"You have the same as Chris and Pj for the next two lessons so follow them. Guys look after him and Chris don't flirt," Phil told him, making Chris wink at Damian and Pj hit him.
"You're mine and no backsies remember," Pj told him.
"I would never go back and you know it," Chris told Pj and kissed him quickly.
"Erm Dan can I talk to you alone real quick?" Damian asked.
"Yeah okay," Dan said and Phil got the hint and moved away, but was still just in ear shot. He quickly pulled out his phone and sent a text to Damian to get later.

Can we talk later?

He sent it and turned his attention half to eavesdropping and half to pretending his wasn't.

"Dan I told the teacher that there was some tension between us so we aren't in any of the same classes alright? I don't want you to feel like I am muscling in and trying to replace you," Damian told him.
"Thanks. Erm... Is it okay if you don't get too close to Phil? It's just part of me is still paranoid even though I know you have changed and yeah. I just think it would be better for my sanity if I wasn't worried that you, and pretty much everyone else, would steal him from me. I don't think I can go through that again," Dan asked.
"I thought you would say something like that and yeah it's fine, we won't become close," Damian told him, smiling, but Phil saw him cross his fingers slightly by his leg. They sort of had already broken that rule.
"Thanks, now anyway go to your lesson, Chris and Pj are fine if a little weird okay?" Dan said.
"Yeah, thanks Dan. A lot. See you later?" He questioned.
"Yeah," Dan said and walked back over to Phil who held out his hand and Dan took.

"Art time?" Phil asked, smiling.
"Art time," Dan said and pecked his cheek. "And thank you for helping me," he added.
"It's what I'm here for," Phil said, and they started to walk to the art block, still holding hands.

The rest of the day had been as normal as it could have been, the only difference is that they walked home with Damian as well. He headed off home before Dan said goodbye to Phil, so it wouldn't be too awkward watching them make out publicly. Once Dan had gone Phil got a text from Damian.

Meet at the park? Not on the swings though :p

Yeah see you there in 10 minutes :)

Phil opened his door and threw down his bag. He grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl before walking back out and closing his door, making his way to the park to meet Damian, munching happily. When he got to the park he saw Damian sitting on the grassy area beside the playground, eyes closed with his headphones in. He knelt in front him quietly before quickly ripping out his headphones and seeing Damian's shocked face appear as he jumped.
"Phil!" He cried, scowling a little.
"Come on, it was the perfect opportunity," Phil said laughing.
"Anyway why did you want to meet?" Damian asked, tucking away the headphones and iPod into his pocket.
"Why didn't you tell me you got beaten up?" Phil asked sadly but with an edge to his voice.
"I didn't want to worry you," he said meekly. "I didn't want you to feel bad,"
"But you were getting beaten up! Damian you can tell me anything okay? Is it bad what they did?" Phil said worriedly.
"Let's say its not pretty," Damian said bitterly.

"Dame? Can I see?" Phil asked slightly awkwardly. Damian nodded and slowly pulled up his shirt. Phil got over the fact he could see Damian's toned stomach muscles quickly as he saw the many purple bruises littering it. "Oh Damian," Phil sighed.
"Can I have a hug?" Damian asked weakly. "I could do with one,"
"Of course you idiot," Phil replied and pulled him into a tight hug, being careful not to crush Damian's bruises.
"Thanks Phil, I'm glad I have got you," he said, pulling away.
"But not in that way," Phil added, grinning.
"Not in that way," Damian repeated, a small trace of his old smirk wiped on his face.

And then the TARDIS appeared. Sherlock, Sam, Dean and The Doctor walked out. Dan, Phil, Pj and Chris all hijacked the TARDIS and left.

That was my friend Mei-ling, she caught me editing at lunch and wouldn't shut up until I let her add something. But it wasn't too shabby was it?

But anyway the brothers are back together (kinda) :3 but will Phil ever tell Dan about his secret friendship with Damian? Will Damian turn out to be bad or good? And who is Pj really? Find out next week (probably tomorrow) on two of a kind! *cool theme music*

Anyway... (That was weird)

Stay foxy my frogs!

Anni out!

*plays a guitar while riding a llama-lion with rainbows coming out of my hair*