chapter 3

*BEEP BEEP BEEP* 

"stupid alarm, just shut up." I groan.

I pick up my phone to look at the time. Oh My gosh! I'm late. it's the most important day where I her to escort the new girl around. I wonder what she is like? I wonder what color her eyes are, I'm starting to get butterflies in my stomach and get this weird feeling inside me. I like it. I pick up my old skateboard and ride to school. 

"Shawn, where have you been?" Jack asked pushing me over to the side.

"I'm sorry i woke up late, and..." 

"No time for explanation now go find your girl,  I heard she's in the library at the back table."

I feel super nervous and make up scenarios in my head of how it could all go wrong, Shawn its okay deep breaths. I sat next to her and she is different than I imagine, her brown hair is tucked behind her ear and she looks adorable when she reads. 

"Hey, I'm Lilly." she smiled, nervously running her fingers through her hair.

"I'm Shawn." I Smiled back.

"So I've heard that your the bad boy of the school?".

"Yeah about that..."

"Also that your punishment is to show me around school without whining." she giggled.

"Don't worry" I laughed, my cheeks began to turn bright red. I couldn't stop myself from staring at her.

"Um... maybe we should get going." she started for the door.

"Yeah sorry."

As soon as we got to first period my phone vibrated in my pocket, it was Jack.

J- hey dude! so the new girl, what is she like?

S- she's amazing and really pretty

J- WOAH Shawn's got feeling for the newbie!

S- shut up man, I don't really know if it would work out between us and anyway I'm probably not her type

J- yeah, yeah

S- omg what if she is though?

J-then Emma's out of the picture

S- thanks for the update 

J- Just saying 

S- I still like Emma though

J- why honestly

S- because she's...Idk 

J- yeah wow, you don't even know why

S- I do too!

J- K 

I rolled my eyes pulling out my laptop and checking my YouTube account. I gasped when i saw that i have reached over 3 million view on my cover for "sweater weather" by the Neighborhood. Jack leaned over my shoulder patting my back. 

"Nice Shawn, You're going to be famous!" 

"whatever." I smirk

When class ended Lilly waited for me at the end of the hall. I handed her my textbook for English and told her to wait here after last  period. 

"Wait! Shawn."

"Yeah?"

"Where are you going?" she asked nervously. 

"To get my guitar silly." I smiled. 

After last  period I ran down the hall to meet up with Lilly but she wasn't there. I began to worry if she might have gotten lost or if she had forgotten about me. I head back to the music room to pick up my guitar and I heard the piano playing, I turned around and there she was playing.

"That was beautiful." I can't help myself from interrupting her.

"I'm so sorry, I forgot to meet up with you." she panicked then grabbed her stuff rushing out the doors. 

"I should get home, bye now!"

"Lilly wait!!".

Why did she just leave, did I scare her? or make her feel awkward? I begin to worry if she's nervous around me. I mean I did come up to her without warning but she shouldn't be afraid. I fumbled with  my phone nervously trying to get a hold of Lilly but she doesn't answer and it goes right to voice mail. 

S- hey Jack meet me up at the skate park

J- is everything okay? 

S- idk its Lilly 

J- k i'll be their in a few

S- thanks jack 

J- no problem