Chapter 12

Shawn's POV 

Homecoming... WOW.  I know it's not really a big deal but going with Lilly is. I jump out of bed looking at the time on my phone, it's 8 o'clock. I rub my groggy eyes and pull on my canadian sweatshirt and head down stairs. 

"Good morning sweetheart." My mom said wiping the countertop. 

"Hey mom." I said pulling down a box of cheerios. 

"So Shawn.. How is it going with you girlfriend Lilly?'' Aaliyah smirked shoving cereal into her mouth giggling.

"It's going good actually." I snicker back then my phone goes off ringing. 

"Speaking of the devil." She laughs. I pick up my phone happy to talk to her.

"Hey Shawn!" Lilly says.

"Oh hey Lil." 

"Do you want to come dress shopping with me?"

"Yeah of course."

"Okay I'll be over in a few."

"Yeah."

As soon as she hangs up the phone and I could not help but blush bright like a tomato even though I hate tomatoes. I ran up stairs and pulled out the very tux I was going to wear tonight and grinned. I quickly snatched my phone and headed towards the shower.

Later that Evening I take off my old sweats and throw on my tux and pull out my laptop looking at my vine account. I honestly can not believe it, I have gained over 2 million views and over a thousand followers. I quickly pick up my phone texting Jack about my vine account as my fingers shake in excitement.

S- Hey jack!!! guess what bro

J- What?

S- my vine account has gone through the roof!

J- really wow ! thats awesome 

S- BTW who R U taking 2 homecoming tonight ? 

J- Oh um... Bri , I think... 

S- U think?

J- yeah idk... she's just acting really different than i expected tho

S- sorry to say but that's girls for yah.

J- yeah yeah I know

Few hours later I drive over to Lilly's house to pick her up for dress shopping. When we walk into the dress store she smiles and twirls with her arms out in the air, I can't help but giggle. She reaches for dress after dress. She's so happy , I begin to smile to myself.

"How about this one?" She asks walking out from the dressing room. 

"You look absolutly beautiful!" I say. "Absolutely, breathtaking." She smiles twirling in her long pink dress with strapless silver encrusted stoned top. 

"A Little too much maybe?" 

"No, not at all." I kiss her cheek. 

I touch her bare shoulders, looking into her eyes. "You are perfect, with and without the dress." Her cheeks burn red and tilts her head down smiling at the floor. She pulls out her fifty dollars and I push her hand away nodding to her that I got it all covered for her.

"Oh Shawn you really don't have to do this for me." She reassured. 

"Can I not buy my beautiful girlfriend this stunning dress for her?" I smirk. She laughs are rolls her eyes walking back to the dressing room.