Chapter 17

A/n: Hey guysss! GO FOLLOW datboi4datbooty!!! They were there for me when I was going through my... whatever that was and because of them and many of your comments I'm able to be back on here to keep writing!

Thank you guys so much for everything.

^^The art was actually by datboi4datbooty and I seriously thank them for being there. ^^

~Writer-chan

Sans' POV

I looked down, trying my hardest not to break and hug her tightly. I've made this mistake before in an earlier timeline. Let's just say, after that I never saw her again.

Well. Until the next reset.

Actually, most of the timelines with her in it were pacifist, though I couldn't particularly say it was rare for a genocide run to start.

Sometimes, like the last one, it quickly shifted because of the Demon, but I doubt it will happen again in this one.

My little cherry really did do a lot last timeline. She made it impossible for anything to happen to Asriel since she gave him part of her soul. Human souls are extremely strong. Asriel hasn't ever been sick in this timeline! Chara also has an extremely strong soul as well because of so the buttercups won't effect her!

I trust Chara a bit more now, like I used to actually. Back when I. . .nevermind.

Anyway, back to the other timelines. The Geno route. The one Chara brought memories from to make me. . . Well you know. . .

I hated seeing her in that timeline. She tried so hard to fight, but Chara was so much stronger.

Chara always covered her tracks. She had the ability to E R A S E memories. She always did it after a Geno route, so I never remembered her.

So when I saw (Y/n) doing all those things. I thought she had gone mad. I thought she hated us all. I thought everything she has done, all the memories I worked so hard to keep, was a lie, but I was wrong.

She tried so hard, and all I did was throw her down further into the depths of her own personal hell.

I remember the first timeline with her. It was just so different compared to the previous timelines.

Frisk fell from the surface with her. Even though Frisk was younger, she protected (Y/n). (Y/n) flinched at every little thing and she never spoke. Everyone just agreed that she was a mute, she was, but she was a selective one for the time being.

I remember hearing her voice for the first time. It was a truly unique and beautiful moment, although she only spoke because of something horrible that I did. I regret it everyday.

"Don't give me that look!" I screamed as she pouted, kicking the wall. "Look I told you! You can't leave unless you have my permission! If anything happened to you Frisk would have my head!!!"

She frowned and fell face first onto the couch, covering her ears with a pillow. "Listen to me when I'm talking to you!" I grabbed the pillow and threw it across the room.

She sat up crossing her arms. "Oh my god can you stop being such a brat and understand what I'm doing for you?"  Pouting she began to stare out the window.

"Just because you're mute doesn't mean you can ignore me!" Mistake number 1. "If you think you are soooo tough why don't you look me in the eye? Oh wait, you will flinch won't you? Grow up will you!" Mistake #2.

She stared at me, tears threatening to spill. My heart sunk.

She stood up. "You don't know what it's like! I can't speak because I'm a literal spawn of Satan!" Tears began to roll down her face. "Everyone hates me. Nobody wants me to exist! For a while I thought that those we're just lies because of people's insecurities, but thanks to you, its been confirmed!!!"

She pushed passed me and ran out the door, running to her favorite place in the underground; the waterfalls.

I chased after her, finding her by the water, sobbing softly. I sat beside her, but she was too lost in her own thoughts to notice me.

I wrapped my arms around her in an embrase and sighed when she flinched, the product of constant abuse.

"Look I'm sorry."

No answer.

"I shouldn't have treated you that way."

No response.

".... I love you." I whispered

"Apology accepted." She whispered back.

There was a long pause, though it wasn't completely silent due to the running water and her constant sniffles.

"I love you too." She said, drifting off into sleep. She always was tired. I just wanted to be there for her. I wanted to be her light in the dark. I wanted to fix her for good.

It took me a minute before Irealized.

She said she loved me back.

A/n: So this was a little flashback chapter. I wanted to see how this would work out and I think its worked pretty well.