The New Enemy

"That space octopus we fought on the way here sure did put up a fight," Zim muttered as he walked up to Dib and his father. Gir skipped alongside him.

Professor Membrane looked up from Dib. "You're back."

"Through some complications, yes," Zim sat down. "Hey stink brain."

Dib was staring at Gir. "I must be dying because I see Gir."

He stood above his head. "Hi! Make me a sandwich!"

"No, Sil fixed him. She apparently agrees with me," Zim shrugged. Membrane kept eying him curiously. "What, human? Did I lose a limb? Because that can happen."

"It's interesting..." Membrane muttered. "Your race must be lightyears ahead of us. You've developed such advanced technology; fascinating."

Zim decided to ignore the comment. He grabbed the supplies from the PAK and took out the tools, equipping them. It was basically a way to fuse the rib back together without cutting into him. "This won't kill you," Zim told him. "But it's not going to tickle either."

"Well, at least you're honest," Dib muttered.

"Wait-" Membrane tried to say something, but Zim pushed him away. "Alien, I don't think-"

"Dad, do you have a better idea?" Dib pointed out. "I'm not too keen on the idea either, but it's all we've got. Besides, you know how long it would normally take for a rib to heal."

Zim put down the X-Ray goggles connected to the gloves that would act as the medical tools. "It's going to happen. Gir, out of the way."

"Okie dokie!" Gir bounced over to Membrane. Zim took a deep breath and tried to push one part of the cracked bone into the other part. It didn't work. Ignoring Dib's scream, he changed tools in the glove and stuck what he liked to call "liquid bone" onto the cracked rib, trying again to push it back into place. It stayed.

Zim put the goggles up. "Yes, yes. I have incredible talent. Thank me later."

"Right now..." Dib huffed. "Right now I want to get up and murder you."

"But it worked. Don't believe me? Sit up."

Dib glared at him and sat up. He blinked, clearly surprised, and got up. "Huh. Thanks."

"Don't mention it," Zim took off the equipment and threw it aside. It hit Gir.

"Ooh! What does this do?" He started to roll around on the ground with it. Dib rolled his eyes.

"We're not doing that dumb idea of yours again, right?" Zim asked, silently begging they not try it again.

Dib coughed. "Of course not. Are you kidding? I broke a rib and you almost got electrocuted."

Zim let out a sigh of relief.

"Did you get anything for his cough, by the way?" Professor Membrane asked, taking the tools from Gir.

"Yes, but eating Irken food is one thing; medicine could be another."

Dib coughed again. "It's fine. It's just a cough; I'll tough through it."

The sound of an Irken ship hummed overhead; Zim heard it before anyone else. How did they find us already? He thought, looking around. Nothing was there. Cloaking technology.

Suddenly, before he had a chance to warn the three, something fired at them, hitting the ground next to Gir, who shrugged it off and continued to play with his feet. "The ship. There's a tracker in all Irken ships," Zim muttered, furious with himself for forgetting.