Getting Out

"You can climb out, right?"

"Of course I can!" He extended the legs from the PAK and started to climb up the wall, but he soon slid down. "Or... Not."

"What?! I thought you said those things could climb anything!"

"Almost anything. The only material they can't climb is lazarclem... Which is made by the Irkens," Zim sighed.

"Can't you weld through it?" Dib asked.

Zim shrugged and extended the welders from the PAK. As soon as he tried to weld through it, he was zapped back onto the ground. "Nope..."

Dib helped him up. "We can't be stuck here! Come on, we've got so much time! We have to make it!"

"I've got nothing, human!" Zim snapped. "Unless you have a magical teleportation device to get us out of here, we're STUCK."

Dib looked through his backpack. "All I've got is the blaster, my laptop, the modified X-Ray specs, and a sandwich. Why do I have a sandwich?"

"Wait a minute..." Zim thought a moment. "Give me the blaster."

Dib passed the blaster. Zim looked at it. "If I modify the blaster, it could be used as a grappling hook," He thought aloud. "But I don't have the stuff to do it."

"You've got tools in the PAK. What else do you need?"

"Rope or cable, a hook."

Dib tapped his foot. "Well... Hm. I have an idea, but I want to try something else beforehand."

"Go for it," Zim nodded. Dib got behind him and climbed up onto his head. "Ouch! Watch the antennae, rat-stink! What are you doing?"

"There. Raise us up on the spider legs SLOWLY," Dib ordered. Zim obeyed (albeit reluctantly). "Can you go a little higher?"

"This is as high as they go... And your extra weight isn't helping. What are you doing, anyway?"

"Trying to reach for the vent," Dib stood up on Zim's head. "Okay... Not quite. Whoa!" Dib wobbled on top of his head and Zim tried to straighten up. "Th-thanks. Can you catch me if I fall while doing this?"

"Yeah, yeah, sure... Just be careful. This isn't too easy for me, either."

"Almost got it..." Dib jumped for it, but slipped when he hit Zim's head again. He reached out and caught him by the collar as he started to fall. "Thanks..."

"Don't mention it," Zim muttered, lowering the two to the ground. "What's the other idea?"

"You're not going to like it."

"Spit it out!"

"We could use the legs from the PAK as a cable and a hook, but we'll need to cut them off somehow."

Zim thought over the idea. "It would work, but I'd have to repair them before we could do anything else."

"Why?"

"Those things have saved both of us multiple times," He crossed his arms. "Think about it--those things aren't short of a lifeline."

"You're right... Well, how easy is it to repair them?"

"I'd need proper tools. These things double as the welders, so I couldn't just fix them on the spot."

"Then... We can't do that," Dib shook his head. "We're stuck! I admit it!"

Zim sighed. "No. Zim will NOT give up that easily! We can think of something. Just..." He stopped, thinking. "I've got it. This won't be easy, and I think you should do it first, but I think I've got it."