Chapter 8: Zim's Realization

Ch. 8
~Zim's P.O.V~
I checked the counter for notes. Just my luck... None. Gir came running in, yelling "ZIM!!!! INTRUDER!!" I scoffed. "I invited him here, Gir."
"Oh. Okee!!"
I threw the trash can lid on the ground and stepped inside, where it lowered me into my base. Dib slowly followed and I started shuffling through all of my notes. "Dang it! None of the required papers are in here!" I checked the other pile. "Ah, yes. Here it is!" I held the papers up and immediately ran to the lab. Dib followed with a bored expression on his face. I read the chemicals in my mind and picked them out one by one. I looked in the corner of my eye to see Dib wandering about with an angry face. I pounded my hand against the table and turned to face him. "Alright, Dib! Enough with the stupid mind games and tell me what has been going on! Why are you all of a sudden angry at me?"
"Because you're not telling me what happened last night!"
"There's more in your head, isn't there? More questions and stupid comments you'd like to say. Well whatever it is, just SAY IT!"
I found myself pinning Dib to the wall with so much confusion and hate in myself. Unexpectedly, he switched our position with the same emotions in his face.
"ALL I'D LIKE TO KNOW IS WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT!"
"I INJECTED YOU WITH THE SUBSTANCE, THATS ALL!"
"YOURE LYING!"
"I AM NOT!"
"YES YOU ARE!"
He threw me to the ground and got on top of me.
"GET. OFF."
"NOT UNLESS YOU TELL ME THE TRUTH!"
"I AM!"
"L-LIAR!"
He ran to the other side of the base and tried to get out. I got up and walked slowly to him, hearing him sob heavily. I touched his shoulder with my gloved hand. "P-please don't go... I'll tell you. Just don't leave me.." The sobbing slowed down and became very faint. "You don't need to. I already know."
My eyes widened. "Y-you do?..."
He turned around and looked at the floor.
"Yeah.."
"T-then why did you want me to tell you if you already knew?"
"I wanted to see if you'd tell me what really happened.."
"Oh..."
I looked down in shame and slowly walked away. I sat down in the chair of the lab and picked up the chemicals again. I made a complete fool of myself right now... I'm so stupid. Dib sat in the next chair, looking at me with sympathy. Once I've finished getting all the chemicals out, I read the directions on the mixing part. I looked over my shoulder to see Dib with his knees against his chest, feet on the chair and looking at the roof.
"Is this the the first time you got to see the base properly?" I laughed.
"No, maybe the second or third. I remember admiring it... Then being thrown onto the floor." He joked.
I giggled a little.. Not at the joke. At his admiration of the little designs on the walls and ceiling. It was rather cute... And adorable. I gasped a little at my thoughts... But I didn't mind. In fact, I enjoy the thought of him like this.
Wait, what? Maybe all of this is just natural thinking after spending so much time with Dib. He's been a pleasant companion lately...
Companion.. He's not my friend! But if he wasn't my friend, why was I so nice... My stomach started hurting, like butterflies were swirling around. Do I.... Like Dib? Maybe even more than like... Possibly love? I stared at the table, fear and happiness in my eyes. Oh, no...
I-I love Dib!
I've always loved him!
All this time, my madness towards him was just a cover up for my true feelings... The one I've had inside me for the longest time. Aw, but why now? Why didn't I realize this sooner or later? This was the worst time to be thinking about this now.

A/N: ERRMERRGERRD ZIM REALIZES HIS TRUE FEELINGS IZ A MIRACLE •^• this is the last chapter I'm going to be posting tonight, I'll post more tomorrow I pruhmish c: goodnight fellow readers :3