Chapter 5: Mind-reader

Ch. 5

~Zim's P.O.V~

History class. The worst of all classes. Where you learn the horrible past of this stupid planet. Hooray. I didn't know I had fallen asleep before Keef tapped my shoulder. "Zim? Class is over. We're going to lunch now." He said before running out the door. Finally, a whole 45 minutes of doing absolutely nothing. Great. I put my stuff back in my locker and took my science notebook. It had my reversal chemical notes in the back of the pages and I was too lazy to take them out one by one, so I just took the entire book.

No one was in sight at the stairs so I walked very casually. Then all of a sudden...

"Zim!"

BAM!

I got so surprised, I tripped on a step and fell on top of...

Ugh.

Dib.

"Brain-dead earth monkey! You made me fal-.." I looked at him straight in his eyes and fell silent.

His eyes were so... So.... Innocent. Innocent and golden. I've never really noticed them before until just now. Those golden orbs hidden behind the lenses of his glasses were more than I could ask for to calm myself down. His cheeks grew a reddish color. "Um... S-sorry. I didn't mean to startle you.." He stuttered. "I... Uh.... I-it's fine. Just an accident." I got up and dusted off my shirt with any lint it could've picked up. I looked over at Dib and put my hand out, then quickly looked down. "Here. L-let me help you." He grabbed my hand and I pulled him up back to his feet. We walked to the cafeteria in an awkward silence. When we got to our seats, we finally started talking again. "S-so anyways... I have the notes we need to make the reversal antidote. All we need to do is read them over, get the items we need, and return you back to your normal monkey self. Understood?" He wasn't paying attention to me at all. He was staring at the roof, where 3 balloons were floating. I think a side affect of the growing power is the ability to not pay attention.... At ALL. Stupid Dib-human didn't pay attention to his soon-to-be-ruler! "And what makes you think you're gonna be the ruler?" He said defensively. How did he hear that? "I don't know." He shrugged. "I-I didn't say anything." I blinked. "Well, I heard your mind say it.." It was his turn to blink. "Dib! You're reading my mind! Quick, do it again. What am I thinking?"

Stupid human worm baby earthlings.

"Stupid human worm baby earthlings? Seriously, Zim?" Me and Dib gasped at the same time. "HOW DID I DO THAT?!"

"I-it's the powers! You're telepathic!" I pointed at his face while yelping. This is a whole new threat to me now. "We NEED to make this antedote fast before you start developing a second brain." I opened the notebook from the back and took the papers. I unfolded them and started reading them right away. "Oh, no.. Wrong papers. These are the ingredients to those stupid pancakes Gir likes to make! He must've switched them!" I ripped the papers in half and threw them across the table. "Damn it." I murmured. Today wasn't going well at all.

A/N: nuuu I feel like my writing is bad xc please give me feedback on what you think, I realleh need it!! •^•