part 1

"Come on Libby! We will be late if you don't hurry!"

I take one last look at myself in the mirror. Tonight, me and my best friend Elley are going to Reece Bibby's, a teen-turned-viral-superstars, who also turns out to be my best friends, house party,so I need to look my best. My long blonde hair cascades over my shoulders, curled at the ends into loose, elegant ringlets. I'm wearing a black body con dress, which hugs my assets perfectly. I know I look good, and I feel confident. With one last look, I shout "coming!" and go downstairs.

--------------
"this is so cool!" my bestfriend elley shouts over the blaring music. I take another sip of my drink, and take in my surroundings. The house is huge, more like a mansion than a house. Currently we are stood in the kitchen, where everyone mainly is. Controlla by Drake is blaring through the speakers, and nearly everyone is dancing. I can tell this will be a good party.

"Libby! I'm so happy to see you!" I turn around to the sound of the familiar voice. Reece. Reece has been my best friend since we were four, and we practically grew up together. As he got noticed, and signed his record deal, we saw each other less and less, but he will still always be my best friend.

He pulls me into a huge hug which makes my heart melt. It's so good to see him again, after nearly 6 months being apart.

"Reece! I've missed you so much! How's tour going?"

Reece has been on tour with the vamps, with his new band "new hope club." I'm so proud of him.

"It's great, I love it. I wish you were with me though."

"I wish I was too."
We pause to look at eachother. I really do miss how it used to be, when it was just me and Reece. I don't want to get emotional, so I change the subject.

"Come and dance with me and Elley?"

"Sure," he says, and we make our way through the bundle of people until we find Elley.

"Reece Bibby. Never thought I'd see you again! I thought the fame would go to your head, and you wouldn't have time for us anymore," Elley says, laughing.

"Haha! You know I will always have time for my two favourite girls."

We all laugh and dance together for a while, and then I decide to go and get another drink. As I make my way through the kitchen and start pouring myself another drink, I see a boy across the room staring at me. His chocolate brown eyes meet mine, and I look away, blushing. My heart starts to race, and I think why do I feel like this?

I peek up and see he's still staring at me. I start to feel more nervous, and rush off to find Elley and Reece again.

As I find them, they ask "what took you so long?"

"I...got caught up."

they laugh at me. I feel myself getting hot again at the thought of the boy. I'm not the type of girl to get attention from boys, so it all felt strange to me.

"With what?" they smirk. They can tell that it's getting to me, and they love to tease me.

"There was...this boy. In the kitchen. Staring at me. Ok?" I blurt out, my heart beating once again.

"It's about time you got some attention from boys Libby! Your gorgeous," Reece says, which makes me relax again. I can always count on Reece to make me feel better. "Now, which one is it?"

I point out the brown haired boy with the chocolate brown eyes, and Reece's face lights up.

"That's blake! He's in the band! You should get to know him."

I tell them I don't want to talk about it, so we just dance and sing for a while. It makes me happy, being with them.

After a while, Elley and Reece start to smile at eachother, as if they're planning something.

"we're gonna go get a drink...bye," and then suddenly they're gone.

Before I can process that they've left me alone, I feel a pair of hands tighten around my waist. The feeling makes me jump, and as I turn around, i see the familiar face of the brown haired boy from the kitchen. my heart starts to beat so fast I feel like it's about to explode, and he laughs at my obvious embarrassment. In the corner, I see elley and Reece looking over, obviously impressed that I had been in the presence of a boy for more than a minute without running away.

"what's your name?"

the boy breaks the silence and looks into my eyes. The more I look at him, the more I find him attractive.

"I'm..I'm Libby. You're blake, right? Reece told me about you. "

He smiles, and my heart melts. He has the type of smile that can light up any girls day.

"Yeah it is." He says, still smiling. " so Reece has told you about me, has he?" He says with a smirk.

I feel myself getting more nervous and start to pull myself away from him, only for him to draw me in closer. he spins me around to face him, and as I try and look at the floor, he lifts my head up to look at him again.

"There's nothing to be scared of, ok? I know I look like a monster, but I'm actually nice," he says, jokingly.

I smile and I suddenly start to feel ok, like I've known him for years.

"I'm just not used to being noticed by boys,  i guess" I say, feeling embarrassed yet again.

He looks at me, confused.

"why not? Libby, your gorgeous."
I pause, the feeling in my chest growing stronger.

I laugh, and I suddenly realised that me and blake are such similar characters.
As all of the emotions start to hit me at once, he says one more thing,
which makes my heart beat even faster;

"Now, shall we get to know eachother a little better?"